Pic of the Day

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
In Arizona just south of the Grand Canyon...
We wake up Christmas morning 2023 with 12 inches of fresh sunshine!

410327003_826082976191518_4199415570027025786_n.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Northern Ontario canada on dec 24 and 25.
Definitely a lack of snow ❄️.

Is that mirrors? Looks windy
Hand grip protection. Look at the end of his grips …ouch!

But if rode in northern Ontario I would probably have rear view mirrors. Being chased by a moose 🫎 would be frightening. Kinda like being chased by a freight train. 😯

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Definitely a lack of snow ❄️.

Hand grip protection. Look at the end of his grips …ouch!

But if rode in northern Ontario I would probably have rear view mirrors. Being chased by a moose 🫎 would be frightening. Kinda like being chased by a freight train. 😯
Yup, hand guards. I've had bad luck with trees and bushes trying to rip my fingers off as of late. They look terrible but they work as advertised.

Hahahahha, you should have seen the moose poo on one of our best trails this spring! There was a pile every 10 feet! The moose use the trail to get around during the winter/spring when the humans aren't there.

For all the poop I didn't see one moose in the last 3 years. Black bears are way more plentiful but they just run away when they hear you coming.

D

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Went out this afternoon but water everywhere so came back through West Dean (West Sussex UK) where the river Lavant was very high and didn't smell very nice. Couldn't figure out why until saw this ...

20231229_124620.jpg

Gotta love the "WATER for LIFE"!!!, you really could not make this up ... 😡

... so the Southern Water bastards are pumping sewerage into the river Lavant in West Dean! To flow down river into Chichester (where we live) then into the sea. Don't think the sea is an ideal place to be with this going on. Yeah, I'm a kitesurfer. :

Another pic showing the Parish Council's advice.
20231229_124627.jpg

Last edited:

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Went out this afternoon but water everywhere so came back through West Dean (West Sussex UK) where the river Lavant was very high and didn't smell very nice. Couldn't figure out why until saw this ...

View attachment 131431

Gotta love the "WATER for LIFE"!!!, you really could not make this up ... 😡

... so the Southern Water bastards are pumping sewerage into the river Lavant in West Dean! To flow down river into Chichester (where we live) then into the sea. Don't think the sea is an ideal place to be with this going on. Yeah, I'm a kitesurfer. :

Another pic showing the Parish Council's advice. View attachment 131437

And how much a month are you paying for that little treat !🤬

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
And how much a month are you paying for that little treat !🤬
Yeah, tell me about it! 😠

Have now figured out what UK water companies such as Southern Water are doing.

UK Beach "Blue Flag" safe bathing award is middle of May to the end of September, so out of this time period they can pump sewerage into rivers and the sea without risk of a beach losing it's Blue Flag status. Absolutely shocking 😡

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

UK Beach "Blue Flag" safe bathing award is middle of May to the end of September, so out of this time period they can pump sewerage into rivers and the sea without risk of a beach losing it's Blue Flag status. Absolutely shocking 😡

And fill shareholders pockets
Bastards !!!!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

We had a Grampian country pork factory in Buckie. On a bad day you could swim with the Trotters.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Last ride of 2023 and out for a three hour tour …a three hour tour.

Climbing up a trail that I’ve only ridden 183 times 🙄. Speed is important when it’s wet out.

IMG_7270.jpeg
Oh look …a wet root that I usually avoid.

IMG_7271.jpeg
Front wheel went straight up and I tried to push the front down.

IMG_7274.jpeg
I went for a tumbling adventure down the side of the trail. No problem. Brake levers spun on the bar like they’re suppose to.

I blame too much Xmas turkey 🦃.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Last ride of 2023 and out for a three hour tour …a three hour tour.

Climbing up a trail that I’ve only ridden 183 times 🙄. Speed is important when it’s wet out.

View attachment 131497
Oh look …a wet root that I usually avoid.

View attachment 131498
Front wheel went straight up and I tried to push the front down.

View attachment 131499
I went for a tumbling adventure down the side of the trail. No problem. Brake levers spun on the bar like they’re suppose to.

I only park that way when I need a dump 💩 ASAP.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California

Bwahahaha! As usual, I looked at your pictures before reading the words. My first thoughts were, "Damn! Brother should take a little more pride in his photography. At least prop the bike up against a tree." The text put it all in perspective. It's always the little things that goof us up. If it was a big feature, you'd have paid close attention and nailed it. Hopefully there was Mary Ann or Ginger to tend to your wounds.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Been laid up with a chest infection since mid December. This thread is giving me the fomo.
I hope that clears up soon. :)
Got my chest infection early Nov, worse at night, had to sleep sat up. Then when that seemed to have cleared up, I got a dry cough that once I started to cough it seemed as though I couldn't stop, needed a drink of anything cold to make it stop. The rain has been almost continuous here since mid Nov, so the longing for a ride hasn't been too bad. I appear to be all clear now, just waiting for a clear day. :)

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I hope that clears up soon. :)
Got my chest infection early Nov, worse at night, had to sleep sat up. Then when that seemed to have cleared up, I got a dry cough that once I started to cough it seemed as though I couldn't stop, needed a drink of anything cold to make it stop. The rain has been almost continuous here since mid Nov, so the longing for a ride hasn't been too bad. I appear to be all clear now, just waiting for a clear day. :)
Must be going about all over. I had cough for a month not bad but never had that before. Trails very dirty here I intend using tourer more till drier . Well that's the plan

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles