Pic of the Day

Scott5297

May 10, 2020
Birmingham
I've attached a couple of photos from Gravelly Hill Interchange, more commonly known as Spaghetti Junction. It is at junction 6 of the M6 motorway near Birmingham, UK.

When opened in 1972 it represented a real achievement in transportation by successfully managing the intersection of several major thoroughfares and redirecting various waterways.

In 2020 it has a somewhat dystopian feel about it. The air was permeated by the smell of cannabis cigarettes and a Bangkok-esque sulphurous odour from part of the canal. Graffiti adorned the concrete walls and rubbish was discarded everywhere.

Getting to it by canal from central Birmingham exposed the industrial heritage of Britain's second city with numerous factories along the way.

DBFFF651-7E28-4B9C-8A76-06B85A21B93D.jpeg
147D2B3F-EB09-437F-AA58-326799D27721.jpeg

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
I've attached a couple of photos from Gravelly Hill Interchange, more commonly known as Spaghetti Junction. It is at junction 6 of the M6 motorway near Birmingham, UK.

When opened in 1972 it represented a real achievement in transportation by successfully managing the intersection of several major thoroughfares and redirecting various waterways.

In 2020 it has a somewhat dystopian feel about it. The air was permeated by the smell of cannabis cigarettes and a Bangkok-esque sulphurous odour from part of the canal. Graffiti adorned the concrete walls and rubbish was discarded everywhere.

Getting to it by canal from central Birmingham exposed the industrial heritage of Britain's second city with numerous factories along the way.

View attachment 36165 View attachment 36166
Looks like an ideal place to get jumped ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Splat of the day ....

splat.jpg

Last run down of the day. Lost the front, no idea what happened or how. (bad riding most likely).

Went full rag doll and landed chest first at high speed on the twin stumps, shoulder on the rock - arms flailing uselessly. Bounced and flipped into the logs and tree and ricocheted off down trail to the left.

Promptly passed out and had a nice snooze for a few minutes.

Bruised ribs, kidneys, calf, knee. Pulled shoulder, broken finger. laceratons. Ripped finger off glove :(

That's with shin guards, knee pads, armoured shorts, body armour and full face .. dread to think what I'd be like unarmoured.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Splat of the day ....

View attachment 36450

Last run down of the day. Lost the front, no idea what happened or how. (bad riding most likely).

Went full rag doll and landed chest first at high speed on the twin stumps, shoulder on the rock - arms flailing uselessly. Bounced and flipped into the logs and tree and ricocheted off down trail to the left.

Bruised ribs, kidneys, calf, knee. Pulled shoulder, broken finger. laceratons. Ripped finger off glove :(

That's with shin guards, knee pads, armoured shorts, body armour and full face .. dread to think what I'd be like unarmoured.

most importantly....

hows the bike?? ?

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Splat of the day ....

View attachment 36450

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Splat of the day ....

Wow! That puts my cart-wheel wipe-out into perspective!
I hope you recover fast!

I must invest in some body armour! Any good recommendations? You have tested the lot

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Splat of the day ....

View attachment 36450

Hey Zimmerframe, so sorry to hear. Bummer. Lucky you had all your gear on. Take it easy and hope ya heal fast.

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Splat of the day ....

View attachment 36450

just because you got a new helmet, don’t mean you got to test it. ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Any good recommendations? You have tested the lot
Without de-railing the pic thread too much :) Yesterdays crash test dummy test setup was Smith Mainline (helmet) Very comfortable in a crash and for snoozing in, when I finally came round I actually thought I was in my bed :LOL: It's so unobtrusive, I didn't even question why I was sleeping with a full face on - then again, the Mrs can be grumpy, so maybe my subconscious pieced that one together.

Troy lee 7855 body armour. There is a thread on this somewhere with lots of comparisons. Really impressed I don't have broken ribs from the stumps. It's lighter and more comfortable than my Fox Titan, but doesn't have the solid plate armour - would still seem to perform very well. Shoulder is a mess, but I think that was twisted/pulled. Had a very fast OTB off a tree a couple of days ago and didn't have a mark on me.

Sam Hill knee pads. My knees must have taken a few hard hits I'm guessing. I wasn't very aware of them at the time. Football shinpads with ankle protection. No name Mix of hard plate/padded armoured shorts - black things off e-bay that match the fox titan armour.

Fox d3o gloves - Impressed with how these have worn, but not impressed with the d30, it had already de-composed when new and didn't react, it's since set like concrete. I guess I can't complain at the finger tearing off, that is the first time they've torn and they've probably done a lot of friction miles on the ground :) Ignoring the broken finger my hands aren't actually marked.

The bike once again proves that the Kenevo classic was designed for Muppets and is pretty much indestructible ! Handlebars needed straightening and it needs re-indexing, but all seems intact !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles