Phone mount

Bpietro

Jul 9, 2020
Atlanta
Anyone have a recommendation for a phone mount? I have a iPhone 11 in a otter box case. Don’t really want one that screws into the top tube

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Avoid mounting your phone on bicycle or on motorcycle if you need phone camera. Vibrations and bumps ruin the phone camera.
I assume you mean the recording of videos !, i have rode with my phone mounted for years as its what i use for gps, strava, music etc and never once had an issue with the camera being ruined as a result but if its video recording you mean then yes it will have an impact with the vibrations.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Thanks that looks like a great mount. Going to order one! If nothing I can use it on a motorcycle also!
No problemo its a fantastic mount, locks your phone in place very securely, as mentioned there might be better but ive tried many and this is perfect for me.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I got the lamicall holder from Amazon. Now £14.99. It does the job well.

I was fed up with the rubber holders which rock about all over the place. This one doesn’t move.

478C4D70-98F0-48E6-859F-8329339F2F7A.png

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I've only tried the cheaper rubber strap on ones previously ☺️ but I now use Quadlock and can't fault it, not cheap I suppose...

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I can only assume that this requires an additional mount attachment to the phone itself ? If so then NAH not for me. The stick on phone mount things to then mount on external mount is not appealing as your then stuck with an unappealing mess on your phone during all your not riding periods.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Quadlock would be the choice. But if having it permanently on your phone is not an option, then put your phone in a pocket/bag and buy an Apple Watch.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I use the SP connect system on all my bikes, as they do an anti vibration dampening base, so you don’t trash your phone camera.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I use the SP connect system on all my bikes, as they do an anti vibration dampening base, so you don’t trash your phone camera.

I use an old iPhone without SIM card as my bike Satnav and replaced the battery for about £14. It’s about a 10 minute job. I keep the phone on flight mode and a single charge lasts most of the day.

my bike light is also a power bank and run a short cable from light to phone if it ever needs charging on the fly.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I tried loads before settling on a Quadlock. It's the best and by a long margin. Easy to mount, easy to get on and off one handed, rock solid when riding. Nothing else comes close. The only downside is that you need a new case to accommodate it. But the case is good quality and is unobtrusive.

Al

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Another vote for QuadLock. I also got a new powerpack case. Note that if you use the stick-on universal mount, the case must be smooth, hard plastic, not rubberised.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Do Quadlock do an anti vibration mount now, as a lot of guys on the motorbike forums were getting their cameras trashed using this mount?

phutureproof

Jun 4, 2021
Oxford
I've heard a lot about vibrations breaking cameras on smartphones, but the 'Motorcycle - Vibration Dampener' is really just for big motorbikes, right? It looks like it would be too bulk for an eMTB. A pity, as I'd love a way to use my iPhone 12 Max with the GB & Parks app that I use when walking as it has full, proper OS maps on there.

Maybe I'll investigate Garmin...

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Don’t worry. Even if you had a big motor you’ll never reproduces the vibration of motor and road experience. The vibrations are dampened by the fork and are the same or less than the phone will receive inside a bag

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I've heard a lot about vibrations breaking cameras on smartphones, but the 'Motorcycle - Vibration Dampener' is really just for big motorbikes, right? It looks like it would be too bulk for an eMTB. A pity, as I'd love a way to use my iPhone 12 Max with the GB & Parks app that I use when walking as it has full, proper OS maps on there.

Maybe I'll investigate Garmin...

Wrong. SP Connect do an anti vibration mount that’s very discreet. I have one on both motorbikes and ebikes, and haven’t had an issue with the camera on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. As the phone cost north of £1200, I was a little concerned, but it’s been absolutely fine.

phutureproof

Jun 4, 2021
Oxford
Wrong. SP Connect do an anti vibration mount that’s very discreet. I have one on both motorbikes and ebikes, and haven’t had an issue with the camera on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. As the phone cost north of £1200, I was a little concerned, but it’s been absolutely fine.
Could you send me a couple of photos and list exactly the items that work with a bike?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles