Phone mounts

Rail5

Dec 12, 2019
Yorkshire
This has probably been discussed before but I’m looking for a smaller reliable phone mount for when using the Komoot app etc. What are you guys using and what would you recommend? I have been looking at the highly recommended quad lock device but wanting to no if it can handle the roughest of terrains I do not want the phone dismounting half way down some fast paced decline.

cheers all

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I bought this one off Amazon. It does the job, and the phone has never fallen off, even after a big crash, but it does tend to wobble a fair bit.

It‘s ok, but tends to rotate on the bars, so I’ll be watching this thread to see what others recommend.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Been using this one all winter (start of thread). Phone's always stayed on despite plenty of gnarly crashes. Can mount either way. Quick and easy to use, but wind it fully closed when not using it as it slowly unwinds otherwise.

Others are discussed in the thread.

Cheap Phone Mount - EMTB Forums

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
I've got one of these - Can be mounted landscape of portrait mode, holds the phone well and has no shake when riding etc.

They're also pretty cheap and seem to come and go on Amazon Prime with quick/free delivery.

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
Not the cheapest but I just picked up an otterbox defender and an F3 mount to use with it. You need to use your own case with the F3 mount.

Benny22

May 9, 2020
Otley
Also use the Quad lock ...pricey but worth it my phone stayed on my motorbike after a smash last year ....bike was a right off but the phone was untouched !! ??

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Quad lock here too. Just the small out front mount and an adhesive universal adapter I stuck to a D3O phone case.
I was a little dubious at first, but it's pretty solid and I've not had my phone come off yet.

Levo_+_Hope

Jul 10, 2018
Peterborough
Quad lock
D3DC2645-DC84-4101-B8E4-7495902C5774.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles