phone app for the Rise

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
So with my Levo I ran the Blevo app on a cheap android phone, it was great gave me all the info I needed and uploaded directly to strava. I do have the rise hooked to my Garmin, but I hate that I have to have my phone with it also with Connect open. I found the ST Ride app and it looks like what I want but it is a pain to connect failing all the time and even disconnecting often then not reconnecting again. I have no desire to mess that much with it when I am on the trail. At that point I want to ride. Are there any other options that work or should I just stick with the Garmin. I want the normal stuff, speed distance, battery, cadence, and what mode am I in preferably a different color for each mode so I can know at just a glance.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
With my Garmin device (Edge 530 and watch), I dont need the phone with me (but I got it in my hip-bag).
I can have all the data I want, on a single easy-to-read screen, securely fastened on the handlebar.

What I need is: battery%, cadence and HR.
What i like also: speed, assist mode and time.

Connection is very trouble free.

----

Also logged:
time travelled, time total, distance, calories used, avg brpm, max brpm, training effect, HR avg, HR max, avg speed, max speed, total height, height graph, temperature graph, flow score, travel range graph, battery level graph, assist mode graph, total jumps, total air time, total air distance, cadence graph, map of trail, assist level %.

----

I really dont need more :)

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
So with my Levo I ran the Blevo app on a cheap android phone, it was great gave me all the info I needed and uploaded directly to strava. I do have the rise hooked to my Garmin, but I hate that I have to have my phone with it also with Connect open. I found the ST Ride app and it looks like what I want but it is a pain to connect failing all the time and even disconnecting often then not reconnecting again. I have no desire to mess that much with it when I am on the trail. At that point I want to ride. Are there any other options that work or should I just stick with the Garmin. I want the normal stuff, speed distance, battery, cadence, and what mode am I in preferably a different color for each mode so I can know at just a glance.

Did you try Shimano's app? Note E-Tube, but E-Tube Ride? Note that this is also different from ST Ride.

E-TUBE RIDE (shimano.com)

Flatsix66

Oct 29, 2021
South Main Divide
I'm using ST-Ride. I use an old iPhone and Apple watch I had laying around. I have used this combo for about a dozen rides now and its been rock solid reliable.

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
I tried using my wife's kyocera duoforce pro 2, mine is the 1, so heres is running Android 8, seems to work better, I will do ride tonight and decide!!! But I did order a refurbished one from me, if it doesn't solve the issue then I will send it back to Amazon!!

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
With my Garmin device (Edge 530 and watch), I dont need the phone with me (but I got it in my hip-bag).
I can have all the data I want, on a single easy-to-read screen, securely fastened on the handlebar.

What I need is: battery%, cadence and HR.
What i like also: speed, assist mode and time.

Connection is very trouble free.

----

Also logged:
time travelled, time total, distance, calories used, avg brpm, max brpm, training effect, HR avg, HR max, avg speed, max speed, total height, height graph, temperature graph, flow score, travel range graph, battery level graph, assist mode graph, total jumps, total air time, total air distance, cadence graph, map of trail, assist level %.

----

I really dont need more :)
I have my Garmin hooked up and yes, I can use it without my phone, but for it to automatically send info to Strava it is my understanding that I do need to have my phone also with me and with Garmin connect open. I will try latter to see if I only open the phone latter if it will still send to strava. Either way I like the look of the ST Ride app

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I have my Garmin hooked up and yes, I can use it without my phone, but for it to automatically send info to Strava it is my understanding that I do need to have my phone also with me and with Garmin connect open.

If you just save your ride on your Garmin device, it will upload data when your phone/tablet is connected.
You dont need your phone or Garmin Connect to be connected/open.

Frankie_r

Oct 18, 2021
Italy
I’m using the combo ST Ride on my iPhone + Apple Watch. The app is not perfect but it’s very good, and the developer is also working to improve it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles