Orbea Rise and the E Tube app

blea

Mar 7, 2020
British Columbia
Has anyone used this app? or the monitors you can buy? I love my Orbea Rise M-Team but I really want something that shows me how much battery I have used. I don't want to wait until the little light indicator tells me I am down to 20%.

JohnnyS

Apr 21, 2021
United States
Has anyone used this app? or the monitors you can buy? I love my Orbea Rise M-Team but I really want something that shows me how much battery I have used. I don't want to wait until the little light indicator tells me I am down to 20%.
Hey, I purchased a Garmin Vivoactive 3 music on ebay for $99 and downloaded a STEPS ebike app from their IQ store. It connects via bluetooth and gives you battery charge percent and assist mode, works great. Regarding the RS Toolbox, I downloaded it but only got it to connect to bike one time, and then it did not display the battery charge level.

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
Shimano, (orbea) really needs to step up their game on the app<>ebike calibration options, and overall user experience. You would figure for a company of that size, and the fact they have a decent amount of intergration options, that their app would "WOW" the user who just bought a 5k-15k bike. My 93 toyota camry had more features and functionality than the esteps app.

Specialized definitely is the leader in this market, but one down side is not all models get the all the features, even though its the same tcu/motor/display). Bosch is in a close second and will probably take the lead soon if specialized doesn't bring some new features and integration options to the table. The biggest thing they all FAIL at though is anti-theft enhancements, which is just baffling to me considering how much an average ebike costs and the ease they can be stolen.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles