New Rise owner, problems connecting bike to app

Chromag

Mar 16, 2021
Glasgow
Picked up my Rise yesterday. Home last night, setting up the suspension and giving it a good looking over. Downloaded the app. Can't connect. Disconnected all other Bluetooth devices, tried another device with the app installed. Still no cigar. Tried creating a new account. Nothing. App picks up the neighbours power meter but not my bike 6 feet away. Anyone else had any issues?

Chromag

Mar 16, 2021
Glasgow
Yeah I've tried that way and it just keeps saying "Searching for units" then goes back to home screen after a minute or so.

Bike&Beer

Jan 2, 2021
Surrey
I turn the bike and app on then switch between eco/trail/boost on the bike which seems to wake up the bluetooth connection

Bike&Beer

Jan 2, 2021
Surrey
That sucks. I remember I registered with shimano the first time I used the e-tube app, I don’t think that was needed to connect but might be worth checking. Otherwise you could try a different app to check if it’s the bike or the app before you go back to the dealer. There’s E-tube ride or ST Unlocker Ride (you have to pay for this one)

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
It's always worth trying un-installing and then re-installing any Garmin app - sometimes they just don't work.
Also try powering off your watch, and then turn it on again.

paske

Apr 2, 2021
Belgium
In order to be able to connect the app to the bike I have to press and hold the little button on the "display" until it starts flashing and then the app connects. I have to do that each time I want to connect...

Chromag

Mar 16, 2021
Glasgow
Yeah the bike is totally dead now after 16 miles. Two flashing lights on the wee display once it's turned on and no power at the cranks. Local dealer says a variety of faults have came in so looks like I have a bad motor. Waiting to hear back from the place I bought it from to see what they say. Manager not in over the weekend.

Asgarde

Apr 10, 2022
France
The Cyclope bike app is great too. It allows, in addition to the classic functions of a cycle computer, to connect the cyclists in them. You can know the position of the other runners, have the time difference, communicate by voice like the professionals with their headset.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles