Osprey savu vs Evoc hip pack pro

ironmanalishi

Dec 28, 2021
South Wales uk
Hey, been thinking of getting a hip pack after cheaping out and being disappointed…current shortlist is the Evoc Hip Pack Pro(don’t want a bladder but like the look of the Velcro strap support around the waist) or for a fair bit cheaper, the Osprey Savu (much cheaper then the Evoc)…has anyone tried both and can they share their experiences please ?

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
Hey, been thinking of getting a hip pack after cheaping out and being disappointed…current shortlist is the Evoc Hip Pack Pro(don’t want a bladder but like the look of the Velcro strap support around the waist) or for a fair bit cheaper, the Osprey Savu (much cheaper then the Evoc)…has anyone tried both and can they share their experiences please ?
I haven't tested the Savu but I have Evoc and I think it's great...for Hip Pack 😂

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California

I was similarly anguished a year ago. I was DONE with the high center of gravity that backpacks provide. Lower center of gravity, more cool air to my back, and less weight are all attractive benefits. On the down side, I have to stretch to replace the bottle in the hip pack. It's also harder to drink out of a bottle while wearing a full-face helmet.

After comparing hip packs for over a week, I went with the Savu 5. Like all Osprey products, the S5 is built NICELY. I could list all the features, but you know all that. But I can tell you that I have NO regrets about the Savu 5.

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I have the SAVU 5 and love it. I'm not a huge fan of water blatters so this allows me to carry an extra bottle or two. In the side pouches I carry my keys and wallet then other side picket is snacks. Cell phone fits in the padded area and tools/pump are in the main area. It all works together really nicely.

As fist I had to adapt my riding a bit for the hip back as I caught it on the seat once or twice.,while moving around. It is so much cooler than wearing a backpack.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles