Orbea Wild FS (2022) - Coil Shock Fitment

Bruce J

Feb 9, 2024
Phoenix, AZ
Hello - New member, but long time lurker. I had a (very beloved) '22 Rise, that I'd modded to be 170/172 F/R, with coils on both ends (Z1 F, EXT Storia R) - but that bike got incinerated in a recent house/garage fire... Now I'm trying to slowly recoup my more loved items (my MTB's being included), I ended up picking up a brand new (old stock) 2022 Orbea Wild M20. Figured I'd try the full-power eMTB thing, and see how/if I like it as well, or better than my Rise.

So... Question is - what coil shocks do/do not fit in the pre-2023 Wild carbon frames? Mine is a size large, if it matters.

I've done plenty of searching, and really didn't find many definitive answers to this. I know the DHX2 fits, since it seems some Wild's came with one from the factory. But, I'd like to know what my other options are (DVO Jade X, CC Kitsuma Coil, EXT Storia, MRP Hazzard, etc). So, anyone know for sure?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I'm run a DHX2 and EXT eStoria in my 2022 Orbea Wild, I also know that a Rockshox Super deluxe coil fit and both the Fox X2 and Float X fit.

I had a Cascade Components link on my old Wild, take a look at that as a nice upgrade. Bumped the travel up to 165mm and was more progressive and gave the bike better mid stroke support.

Bruce J

Feb 9, 2024
Phoenix, AZ
I'm run a DHX2 and EXT eStoria in my 2022 Orbea Wild, I also know that a Rockshox Super deluxe coil fit and both the Fox X2 and Float X fit.

I had a Cascade Components link on my old Wild, take a look at that as a nice upgrade. Bumped the travel up to 165mm and was more progressive and gave the bike better mid stroke support.

Awesome. Good to know. I loved the Storia on my Rise - even though I got it used, and it was tuned for a completely different bike, lol. It was a bit noisy, but besides that, it was great. Might just have to do the same with my Wild!

I haven't even gotten the bike yet - being shipped. So, I suppose I'll at least try it stock for a few rides before I start modding it. Just trying to get the mod list sorted out sooner than later!

Bruce J

Feb 9, 2024
Phoenix, AZ
Bump... Nobody else? I've got my eye on a CC Kitsuma Coil - would love to give it a shot - but I read somewhere that there may be fitment issues (read it here somewhere, but can't re-find it, and it was kind of cryptic, so not that helpful)... Anyone happen to know for sure?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles