On board a Kenevo but have problems :(

samyui

Jun 11, 2019
UK
Hey guys, thanks for letting e in. I got my first eMTB last weekend, a black Kenevo Expert, and with it I got my first eMTB problems. Obviously this will be going back for warranty, my only problem is I had a trip to Bike Park Wales planned at the weekend.

My bike won't change modes and is stuck in Turbo; a quick call to Specialized points to a battery replacement; however in the meantime has anybody suffered a similar issue? It holds charge, gives assist etc. I was hoping there would be some sort of sequence of pushing buttons to reset the battery.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Have you tried using the button on the battery to change mode?

samyui

Jun 11, 2019
UK
Have you tried using the button on the battery to change mode?
Yep not working from battery either. Have tried cleaning the terminals. To me the connector looks like it should push on more securely but doesn’t want to.

samyui

Jun 11, 2019
UK
Kenevo and Levo can suffer from broken mode lead, best to talk to Chris Reilly at Berkshire Cycles as he is the fountain of all knowledge Levo/Kenevo
Thanks man ye it was Chris who put me in touch with the guy selling. Super helpful and has just said bring it back in to the shop and they’ll sort it. I was hoping to get to Wales with it this weekend though :(

AgustinVH

Jul 20, 2019
Chile
I'm having a similar issue in a 2019 Kenevo Comp, and a maybe a possible fix for that.
In my case I was stuck at Eco, and some times after a few turn on/off it passes up to trail, but never to turbo mode. Spoke to Specialized rep. and told me that charging the battery outside the bike will reset, and it did! But is tricky, needs several times of discharging and charging the battery to do so.
For this went to the trails, just custom the settings in the app to set the assistance you like. If anyone knows a easyer way to do so, like a button combo like the new levo will appreciate the info as this issue comes back and forth on me. I guess this is the way on levos: 2019 Specialized Turbo Levo info and FAQ - EMTB Forums

Regards!

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Being around all sorts of techno stuff in my job, one of the things I have found that is always worth a try is to remove the battery then hold down the power button for 30 seconds, refit the battery and check. The number of issues resolved by this never ceases to amaze.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles