Old blokes who should know better.....

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Thanks Dobby, I’ve just picked up a used 7 and am looking forward to trying it out at the weekend, can I ask what settings you find best please? Thanks
I cant edit 4k or 2.7k so I record in 1080 - 30 - Superview
stabilisation - auto
protune - on
shutter - auto
EV comp - -0.5
white balance - auto
ISo min - 100
ISO max - 1600
sharpness - medium
colour - gopro
raw audio - off
mics - stereo

I also use a windsock to stop all the wind noise

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I cant edit 4k or 2.7k so I record in 1080 - 30 - Superview
stabilisation - auto
protune - on
shutter - auto
EV comp - -0.5
white balance - auto
ISo min - 100
ISO max - 1600
sharpness - medium
colour - gopro
raw audio - off
mics - stereo

I also use a windsock to stop all the wind noise

Brilliant, many thanks 😀👍🏻

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@apac always says you should goto his back man, he's just down the road. Apparently he says he just has to put his thumb up your bum and 99.7% of people walk out of there fine. Though, some people just make a second appointment straight away.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
@apac always says you should goto his back man, he's just down the road. Apparently he says he just has to put his thumb up your bum and 99.7% of people walk out of there fine. Though, some people just make a second appointment straight away.
@apac ruined his good thumb at Cwmcarn, im waiting until he recovers so I can get the good stuff !

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
What are you using to Edit dobby?
iMovie mate, a really old version on a 10 year old laptop, it sucks.
I had final cut but lost it when a hard drive died. I used to use sony vegas on PC which was brilliant.
I am looking around to buy a used computer of any kind just so I can edit 4K mate, 1080 looks so bad nowadays!
EDIT: not sure why but the upload has lost all its colour and flattened completely. the file I created is nothing like that

Last edited:

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
iMovie mate, a really old version on a 10 year old laptop, it sucks.
I had final cut but lost it when a hard drive died. I used to use sony vegas on PC which was brilliant.
I am looking around to buy a used computer of any kind just so I can edit 4K mate, 1080 looks so bad nowadays!
EDIT: not sure why but the upload has lost all its colour and flattened completely. the file I created is nothing like that

you can create proxies which are basically low res versions of the file to edit then when you come to encode it uses the full 4K so don’t go mad on buying a super Spesh PC. Rob uses proxies on Final Cut also. Not much can edit 4K raw..!!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
you can create proxies which are basically low res versions of the file to edit then when you come to encode it uses the full 4K so don’t go mad on buying a super Spesh PC. Rob uses proxies on Final Cut also. Not much can edit 4K raw..!!
I've never heard of this wizardry!!! Im off to find out about it, cheers!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
looks good there, amazing the amount of trails popping up everywhere, anyone would think mountain biking was popular!
Its my goto spot especially when it has been wet. The video is just a selection.....there are a lot more runs there. I have just started using Movie Studio 18 which was supposed to just be an upgrade of my normal editing suite which I have used for years ( various editions of what was originally Sony Vegas Movie Studio) . Turns out it is a completely new editing suite !! So having to re learn! It didn't help that I was sure I had set the Gopro for use upside down but all the video came out upside down so extra processing required.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Incredible ! I was just about to post that @BAMBAMODA loves to have his rim dinged and then like the 4th and 5th lines and "That was huge" , "I told you it was big" are on the video ... @BAMBAMODA - watch it with your eyes closed - you'll love it ..

Great vid @dobbyhasfriends , Sam's really coming along. It's crazy he's only been on that 3 months. GO SAM !
😂😂😍😍

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sam runs 20 in the rear, but it was on those wanky specialized OEM tyres.. thought he might be ok on em but not the case. ive put a DH casing maxxis on the back now
I think a lot of us run slightly too low in the desperate search for large contact area and suppleness from the tyre rather than the suspension.

I was always a believer in low is best (testing dh22's at 11) but recently dropped out of my comfort zone as a test and ran 3 bar in all the bikes and just got on with it. Felt absolutely horrible at first, but then adjusted. I do wonder if we don't pussy about too much sometimes (lets face it, we do) I can feel the difference between 1psi .. so because I can feel it, I think the bike won't turn .. but it will .. ok, 3 bar is too high, but it's actually still rideable if you commit. He might want to ease off his rear compression damping too if he's doing that.

Lets face it, you're going slow for him, but for him it's warp zone, so he's actually going faster than you in places to keep up so really needs more pressure.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I think a lot of us run slightly too low in the desperate search for large contact area and suppleness from the tyre rather than the suspension.

I was always a believer in low is best (testing dh22's at 11) but recently dropped out of my comfort zone as a test and ran 3 bar in all the bikes and just got on with it. Felt absolutely horrible at first, but then adjusted. I do wonder if we don't pussy about too much sometimes (lets face it, we do) I can feel the difference between 1psi .. so because I can feel it, I think the bike won't turn .. but it will .. ok, 3 bar is too high, but it's actually still rideable if you commit. He might want to ease off his rear compression damping too if he's doing that.

Lets face it, you're going slow for him, but for him it's warp zone, so he's actually going faster than you in places to keep up so really needs more pressure.
3 bar is 43 psi (roughly) for those who dont know.. and is also known as "too fucking much" :ROFLMAO:
yea I know what you mean though, I did try it once but because its so rocky here, my eyeballs couldnt keep up with the banging about :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles