Old blokes who should know better.....

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Bollox to that .. Think of the time you can dedicate to leg exercises. Plus the fitness increase being chased by the Mrs when she discovers you've used the curtains to wipe your arse as you couldn't do it properly with your disabilities.

Whilst mastering one handed bike curls (lucky you have an SL). One handed track stands. (she'll be even more pissed when she finds all the sofa cushions and mattresses outside in the garden). One handed Manuals in the one handed manual machine you made on handed. I'm sure a 1000000 other things .. You can have your own one handed thread instead of hijacking Mr Geriatrics :)
true, last time I had a shoulder injury I smashed the static bike until I puked pretty much every day :D come back harder!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Im gonna look like that by time the plaster is off.
it's a certainty that you are in fact an 'old bloke who should know better'
perhaps we should start a club?
if @Zimmerframe was old enough there's no doubt he could be the grand emperor of old blokes fucking things up but I am sure he is still relatively young.. theres always time!

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Bollox to that .. Think of the time you can dedicate to leg exercises. Plus the fitness increase being chased by the Mrs when she discovers you've used the curtains to wipe your arse as you couldn't do it properly with your disabilities.

Whilst mastering one handed bike curls (lucky you have an SL). One handed track stands. (she'll be even more pissed when she finds all the sofa cushions and mattresses outside in the garden). One handed Manuals in the one handed manual machine you made on handed. I'm sure a 1000000 other things .. You can have your own one handed thread instead of hijacking Mr Geriatrics :)

jesus, you should be a personal trainer you heartless ruthless bastard?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I kind of get it now. The difference between trail n downhill,, you have time to recover/shake yourself off after an obstacle on a trail before the next thing, on a downhill course you don't. The steepness and speed obviously plays a big role too.

@dobbyhasfriends there's an older down hill track at Cwmcarn called pedal hounds which is a little less severe than Y Mynydd. You"ll find it at the top of the mountain on the Caffell trail, but you will then miss out on all the good stuff on Caffell.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I kind of get it now. The difference between trail n downhill,, you have time to recover/shake yourself off after an obstacle on a trail before the next thing, on a downhill course you don't. The steepness and speed obviously plays a big role too.

@dobbyhasfriends there's an older down hill track at Cwmcarn called pedal hounds which is a little less severe than Y Mynydd. You"ll find it at the top of the mountain on the Caffell trail, but you will then miss out on all the good stuff on Caffell.
ill look for that !! cheers.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Went to the gym this morning. Cycle and treadmill. Looks like that's what it's gonna be for the next 8 weeks. I forgot how much I sweat in the gym?. Soaked right through! Looked like I p*ssed myself.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
there's an older down hill track at Cwmcarn called pedal hounds which is a little less severe than Y Mynydd. You"ll find it at the top of the mountain on the Caffell trail, but you will then miss out on all the good stuff on Caffell.
Is the end of Cafall any good then? We were told that the Pedalhounds DH is better so we've only ever ridden that.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Is the end of Cafall any good then? We were told that the Pedalhounds DH is better so we've only ever ridden that.

I really like the Caffell sections from where pedalhounds is. Its where Caffell gets to be fast n fun. There are a number of sections (all descending) that eventually lead back to the car park. I highly recommend them. Pedal hounds to me is just a chute that gets you back too quickly.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Sam progressing through our day at Bike Park Wales, this is part 2 from our recent visit! and if you watched part 1, THANKS !

Great footage again. I can see Sam was picking up speed towards the end. Brave of him taking on AC/DC. Its good and well when you know what's coming up, but a different story when going into the unknown. He handled it well for sure.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Great footage again. I can see Sam was picking up speed towards the end. Brave of him taking on AC/DC. Its good and well when you know what's coming up, but a different story when going into the unknown. He handled it well for sure.
we didnt know AC DC was like that :D :D I just looked at the list and saw "mix trail" of flow and tech and fancied that.. Sam wasnt that happy ;)
he is deffo building speed rapidly, we were out at cwm rhaeadr again the other day and I have the video from that, he was pretty much keeping up with me and ive said it before, it wont be long before im holding him up

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Was meant to have my arm plaster taken off today,, but got myself a lovely dose of COVID on the weekend so can't go to the hospital for x-rays and removal. ☹

F774AD72-895B-4BF4-B03C-BDDEA86518A8.jpeg

So I did it myself with a dremmel...

A6A3ACC8-4BCD-49E0-9DC4-F1848775EB32.jpeg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to my re-scheduled appointment in two weeks time. Gonna get a telling off for sure.

I got so annoyed with my stinking cast when wearing it over the hot sweaty summer I almost ripped it off with my teeth!

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I got so annoyed with my stinking cast when wearing it over the hot sweaty summer I almost ripped it off with my teeth!
Absolutely, mine rotted on the palm, so that was the first part I cut off, but due to this it then started digging into the top of my hand, so after a few days I just cut the whole thing off. wrist is obviously stiff so just using YouTube tips for physio

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Absolutely, mine rotted on the palm, so that was the first part I cut off, but due to this it then started digging into the top of my hand, so after a few days I just cut the whole thing off. wrist is obviously stiff so just using YouTube tips for physio

My cast came off mid August and here we are almost six weeks later and my wrist in still buggered. Keep doing those physio exercises as I seem to have lost all the strength in my left hand

I jumped back on the saddle as soon as the cast was off but every slight bump, root, rock on the trail was agony. I couldn’t use my rear brake or dropper post, although my brake lever became easier to use after a few weeks. I’ve just had to change my dropper lever for a PNW Loam Lever as it has silky smooth soft leverage and is a pleasure to use. I was having to use my previous lever with my right hand whilst riding which wasn’t easy!

It’s now mainly small vibrations which cause pain. Jumps, drops and large rocks are fine, it’s the constant vibrations from small rocks & roots that are an issue. My hand literally clamps itself on to my bars and I have to peel my fingers off one by one and give them a good wiggle for a few minutes before getting full movement back. I also changed my suspension so it was softer with faster rebound but then I found I was bucking on jumps & drops so had to change it back to firmer & slower settings

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
My cast came off mid August and here we are almost six weeks later and my wrist in still buggered. Keep doing those physio exercises as I seem to have lost all the strength in my left hand

I jumped back on the saddle as soon as the cast was off but every slight bump, root, rock on the trail was agony. I couldn’t use my rear brake or dropper post, although my brake lever became easier to use after a few weeks. I’ve just had to change my dropper lever for a PNW Loam Lever as it has silky smooth soft leverage and is a pleasure to use. I was having to use my previous lever with my right hand whilst riding which wasn’t easy!

It’s now mainly small vibrations which cause pain. Jumps, drops and large rocks are fine, it’s the constant vibrations from small rocks & roots that are an issue. My hand literally clamps itself on to my bars and I have to peel my fingers off one by one and give them a good wiggle for a few minutes before getting full movement back. I also changed my suspension so it was softer with faster rebound but then I found I was bucking on jumps & drops so had to change it back to firmer & slower settings
Jesus, that's a pain in the arse. I won't be riding out yet. All things on hold anyway as I'm ill with Covid, but will begin my rehabilitation by getting back in the swimming pool which I've missed as much as biking. Hopefully that will exercise my wrist.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
When I was paid to race motorcycles, on a couple occasions I ground the palm off on a bench grinder so I could hold on to the bars. Learned to cutthe palm off with a dremel them have mom glue it back together with some plaster of paris before I was due to have it removed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles