Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Flogbox

Sep 25, 2018
Sass81sass81
I'm in Sydney too - I'm amazed at the number of e-Merida's on the trails here. Pulled into the local shops in St ives the other weekend and there were 8 of them parked up at the Cafe after their morning ride.

I live in st Ives :)

We should catch up for a ride man! i ride solo all the time so im always keen to ride with someone else.

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
I'm in Sydney too - I'm amazed at the number of e-Merida's on the trails here. Pulled into the local shops in St ives the other weekend and there were 8 of them parked up at the Cafe after their morning ride.
Hi mxh , next time you see that meny Marida 's together a photo be good. I gess there's so meny of them around because they so awesome!

Rockyw

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
Just had a call from my LBS, fitting a SW 6000 mode switch to my E160 900E, wire is not long enough to reach my DI2 computer, he has had to move the computer to the left hand side of the of the stem, not ideal, but I suppose that's better than cutting and joining the wire ?

Rockyw

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
Reason I am changing the mode selector is I have purchased an under bar dropper post lever, and I need room to operate the dropper without having to move my thumb under the original mode levers to reach the dropper lever.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
Sounds like you bought the wrong side with shorter cable? Or did the shop order it in for you? I always do my own work and have never trusted bike shops. They remind me of dodgey car mechanics (I also maintain my cars).

If you order the right one, you can set it up like below. Screen on the left would annoy me.

20180713_234430.png

Rockyw

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
Sounds like you bought the wrong side with shorter cable? Or did the shop order it in for you? I always do my own work and have never trusted bike shops. They remind me of dodgey car mechanics (I also maintain my cars).

If you order the right one, you can set it up like below. Screen on the left would annoy me.

View attachment 6112
Bugga, didn't know they did a switch for each side. I ordered it on the internet, so am stuck with it now.

Flogbox

Sep 25, 2018
Sass81sass81
There are 2 sides? I didnt see that mentioned when i bought mine so i guess its a lucky dip for me lol. If its short ill get a cable done up.

In the meantime i played with my position of the seat trigger and its on the right side up top but kind pointing flat. I used it yesterday for a run and it was heaps better than before. Not as much pressure to get everything switched out in a rush.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
Clearly there's a short/long cabled version (one for each side). I think you can select which one when buying.

Rockyw

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
Clearly there's a short/long cabled version (one for each side). I think you can select which one when buying.
Picked the bike up at the shop, and in the meantime, he figured out he would need to run the cable externally rather than internally, so now its on the left side as per original. Going out for a blast now, should be good to have the dropper easy to reach & use.

Flogbox

Sep 25, 2018
Sass81sass81

Not on the Italian site i ordered from. All good, i'll just buy the other one if this isn't right:)

Now all i need is for some dry, sunny weather so i can get out and ride the thing! Been pouring all week in Sydney :(

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The E6000 only has one option which you can mount on the left or right, the E6010 has a left and right option.

Rockyw

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
Awesome! Enjoy m8! Post a picture from your ride.

Had a great ride 35 km all in trail mode, 1 bar left which had turned red, but I was pushing it, and plenty of climbing. Brilliant being able to drop the seat post when required without having to move my grip on the bars. Love this bike!

20181010_160809.jpg

Bennyblanc0

Jul 2, 2018
NZ
My 2019 model I bought recently in oz came with grip 2 damper.
The GRIP2 is the next iteration of the RC2 heh?
The FIT4 damper is nice but GRIP2 is better with LSC HSC?
...I did get a real sharp price on my bike, so I can't complain really.

spr0cket

Jul 16, 2018
Farnham, Surrey
Mine in UK has Fit4. I did query it upon delivery, as the demo bike had the regular Fox36 chassis with older RSC damper.
Though at the time of build (earlier in 2018), Merida had made the switch to the ebike specific fork (upgrade from the demo model I rode) yet Fox were only supplying that E specific chassis with the Fit4 damper at that time - at least that's the way the Merida sales guy relayed it.

Rockyw

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
Yes, I have exactly the same, it’s a loud clicking sound every time the forks absorb a larger impact. I have noticed it on the YouTube videos of other eONE-SIXTY 900E users, so I guess it must be a characteristic of the bike. Not managed to work out where it comes from yet.

Mine has just started making the clicking sound, wasn't doing it from new. Only done 150 km. Sounds like it coming from the headset, or fork area, very annoying, since it was originally a quiet bike. Will talk to the LBS mechanic if I can't find whats causing it myself.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Are your headsets tight? I usually find that on a new bike the headset will need a tighten up after you have ridden it in.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
Just looking through some old stuff and found this series of photos that tells a little story of when I first picked up my 900E. Thought I'd share because photos are cool.

I got the call early December 2017 that my 900E had arrived so I took work off early and picked it up in the rain.

20171202_115602.jpg

As soon as I got it home I stripped it down to this.

20171203_172340.jpg

Considered a fork swap....

20171206_160602.jpg

Sold my Saints and then discovered my Hope calipers wouldn't fit.. DOH!!

20171208_163253.jpg

So I rode some other bikes while I waited for some temp brakes to arrive..... but would stare at it every night.. before bed ITCHING to get out on it's first ride.

20171211_221006.jpg

And then finally that day came!

20171224_144803.jpg

Took about 2 weeks from the day I picked it up to actually going for a ride because I didn't check the V4 caliper clearance. I had even routed the rear line through the frame :cry: lol

It's a few pages back but she looks like this now..

P1033042.jpg

Anyone else got an odd story about theirs?

Maximage

Oct 19, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Anyone else got an odd story about theirs?

Kind of ... I live in Western Australia and am currently on holidays in Melbourne on the other side of the country. Was planning to buy one of these, so decided to take delivery while in Melbourne so it gives me something to do while here. (I'm here on a couple of week holidays while the wife does a work placement, so got time to kill.)

Ordered a Large, collected the bike yesterday afternoon. While riding back to the hotel I'm thinking that I seemed to be sitting a little further on the back of the seat compared to when I did the test ride, but due to riding in an unfamiliar city during peak hour, I didn't pay too much attention, figured it just needed a few tweaks. Get back and start taking off all the little warning stickers and about to adjust the seat and notice they gave me a Medium! Luckily paperwork clearly states Large, so had to ride it back to the shop this AM. Now have to wait a couple of days for the Large to arrive. Gah!!!

Photo of bike that was mine for all of one night ... :-(
IMG_3027.JPG

Last edited:

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
The old medium trick. How long are you in Melbourne for? I'm a permanent resident.. It's pissing down at the moment but when it dries up we should go for a spin. I've been meaning to post a thread to see if anyone else would be interested now that it gets dark a little later.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
Kind of ... I live in Western Australia and am currently on holidays in Melbourne on the other side of the country. Was planning to buy one of these, so decided to take delivery while in Melbourne so it gives me something to do while here. (I'm here on a couple of week holidays while the wife does a work placement, so got time to kill.)

Ordered a Large, collected the bike yesterday afternoon. While riding back to the hotel I'm thinking that I seemed to be sitting a little further on the back of the seat compared to when I did the test ride, but due to riding in an unfamiliar city during peak hour, I didn't pay too much attention, figured it just needed a few tweaks. Get back and start taking off all the little warning stickers and about to adjust the seat and notice they gave me a Medium! Luckily paperwork clearly states Large, so had to ride it back to the shop this AM. Now have to wait a couple of days for the Large to arrive. Gah!!!

Photo of bike that was mine for all of one night ... :-( View attachment 6459

Also.. Where'd you buy yours from and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Maximage

Oct 19, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
In Melbourne until this Friday, not sure yet when the Large arrives. I have my little fella (4 years old) with me while the wife is at work so that somewhat limits my movements. I have brought his little "Shotgun" seat so I can tonk around with him on the bike but sadly won't have the chance for some proper trails I don't think.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
All good. I have an 8 month old I've just started putting in a front mount seat (yepp mini). He loves it but hasn't got the strength for jumps and rock gardens yet lol.

Maximage

Oct 19, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Also.. Where'd you buy yours from and how much if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry, was running out the door this AM as I posted the last comment and didn't have time to reply to the second that came through while I was posting.

Couldn't tell you to be honest, it was actually an insurance replacement for another bike that would have run up around the same value. Figured easier to grab this now and replace my DH bike with another out of my own pocket at some point in the next few months before the next season, gives me more time to suss out coil rates etc etc for that one.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
Sorry, was running out the door this AM as I posted the last comment and didn't have time to reply to the second that came through while I was posting.

Couldn't tell you to be honest, it was actually an insurance replacement for another bike that would have run up around the same value. Figured easier to grab this now and replace my DH bike with another out of my own pocket at some point in the next few months before the next season, gives me more time to suss out coil rates etc etc for that one.

Speaking of insurance... Who are you going to use to insure your new ebike?

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales

Photo of bike that was mine for all of one night ... :-( View attachment 6459

Really good spec bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles