Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
I didn’t change anything else. Seems to work out for me. Am able to use my dropper seatpost fully extended now, had problems before because of my short legs.
Like wise I didn't change anything to accommodate the 155 arms no problem with dropper length and I'm 5'11 height. All good

Lars

Sep 14, 2018
Finland
Stumbled into the forum while trying to find info on headsets. I have a eOne in order and would like to order an angleset to suit, but I have no idea which one. I see people here have installed some, could someone point out which specific model? Looking for a -1 adjustment

AdrianJW

Aug 26, 2018
Oxford
Stumbled into the forum while trying to find info on headsets. I have a eOne in order and would like to order an angleset to suit, but I have no idea which one. I see people here have installed some, could someone point out which specific model? Looking for a -1 adjustment
Leave it standard; it’s great!

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Go back to page 3 and the answer is there from basy. It will improve your bike if you ride enduro style tracks. I have the 1.5 degree version and it works great. Friend got one last week and he likes it too.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
I got my 900E for $6k AUD flat. That was before the ebike tax and price hike. Maybe it's because we're closer and easier to ship to?

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Seriously - is that how much they are in the UK? I just bought one (the 2019 model) in Aus and, well, it was a fair bit cheaper than that at the current exchange rate. Strange, as we're usually fleeced over here!

There usually a grand more 1k...I like the black model but still expensive 2018 model is same price too

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
In NZ my E160 900e was $8500, just gone up to $10000, you Ausy’s are very lucky.

That's NZD? Still that's about $9kAUD which is more than I would pay for a bike to be honest.

You can't blame them though.. With how popular the 900E has been, they'd be silly not to up the price. I remember the first release price of $6999AUD now seems cheap compared to what everyone else is paying overseas.

I've just looked online and I can pick one up for $7200AUD currently in Melbourne. I'd say I could source one for about $6500AUD with a bit of ringing around. Maybe you should ship one over from here minus the battery and then just buy a battery locally. You'd still end up in front after shipping and a new battery! (I'd buy your battery :sneaky:)..

Cheater guy

Jul 23, 2018
Sydney
New upgrade, so happy with how it rides
Cane Creek DB CS

IMG_20180913_181552.jpg

mxh

Aug 27, 2018
Australia
I took mine out for it's first 'proper' ride the other day. Very impressed generally, but did notice a bit of a rattle / knock over the rougher stuff. It's not bad, certainly nothing loose, but just a little annoying as I prefer my bikes to run as quietly as possible. I wasn't able to locate it specifically, but think it might be coming from around the battery area.

Has anyone else noticed the same issue? And if so, is there an easy fix?

Reactions: PGR

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
I took mine out for it's first 'proper' ride the other day. Very impressed generally, but did notice a bit of a rattle / knock over the rougher stuff. It's not bad, certainly nothing loose, but just a little annoying as I prefer my bikes to run as quietly as possible. I wasn't able to locate it specifically, but think it might be coming from around the battery area.

No but if you've got some slack in your cables then I'd expect them to rattle a bit (in the down tube). There's nothing really else that should be rattling.

mxh

Aug 27, 2018
Australia
No but if you've got some slack in your cables then I'd expect them to rattle a bit (in the down tube). There's nothing really else that should be rattling.

That's a possibility - I dropped the seatpost by an inch or so when I picked it up, and the guy in the shop said it wasn't worth pulling the cable through at the steering head (apparently that exit plug is a bit fiddly). I'll try and pull it through and see if that improves things. Cheers

Last edited:

Bennyblanc0

Jul 2, 2018
NZ
You can almost slam a OneUp 150mm dropper.. You can't slam a Bikeyoke Revive 160mm. Max's out at about 3-4cm from the collar because of its awkward actuator mechanism which hits the bend in the seat tube and prevents the dropper from functioning. I can't remember how far the Reverb goes because I swapped that heap of junk out before it's first ride.
Agree with the junk call. I have swapped out the reverb too but due to failure.... it is currently back with the LBS for a repair under warranty and I will flick it as soon as it comes back!

AdrianJW

Aug 26, 2018
Oxford

Yes, I have exactly the same, it’s a loud clicking sound every time the forks absorb a larger impact. I have noticed it on the YouTube videos of other eONE-SIXTY 900E users, so I guess it must be a characteristic of the bike. Not managed to work out where it comes from yet.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
Agree with the junk call. I have swapped out the reverb too but due to failure.... it is currently back with the LBS for a repair under warranty and I will flick it as soon as it comes back!

What will you replace it with?

I got rid of my OneUp (didn't like it) and wanted to go back to my Revive.. BUT.. I was annoyed with how the Bike Yoke's actuator hit the inside of the seat tube when slammed (see picture).

So.. I simply hacked the tip off of the lever/mechanism with an angle grinder and hacksaw. I still can't slam the post to the collar but at least it still functions when inserted to it's maximum. Winning :cool:

revive_issue.jpg
20180901_222520.jpg

20180901_222613.jpg

Last edited:

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Had a reverb on my old Santa Cruz, it packed up after six months.
I wondered how long one would last on the Merida - 8 months.
Have replaced it with a cheaper Brand X Ascend, at least they are reliable.

Bennyblanc0

Jul 2, 2018
NZ
What will you replace it with?

I got rid of my OneUp (didn't like it) and wanted to go back to my Revive.. BUT.. I was annoyed with how the Bike Yoke's actuator hit the inside of the seat tube when slammed (see picture).

So.. I simply hacked the tip off of the lever/mechanism with an angle grinder and hacksaw. I still can't slam the post to the collar but at least it still functions when inserted to it's maximum. Winning :cool:

View attachment 5236 View attachment 5237

View attachment 5238

Nice. A grinder certainly gets the job done ;)

I ended up buying a cheap giant dropper with a mechanical switch etc: Contact Switch Seatpost - Giant Bicycles | New Zealand
Pretty happy with it so far. It has a 2 year warranty, doesn't freak out when being lifted (i've been lifting my bike by the seat for years so it is hard for me not to do this) and at half the price of the next decent option... figure I'm on a win.
20180919_095007.jpg
20180919_095101.jpg

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Nice. A grinder certainly gets the job done ;)

I ended up buying a cheap giant dropper with a mechanical switch etc: Contact Switch Seatpost - Giant Bicycles | New Zealand
Pretty happy with it so far. It has a 2 year warranty, doesn't freak out when being lifted (i've been lifting my bike by the seat for years so it is hard for me not to do this) and at half the price of the next decent option... figure I'm on a win.
View attachment 5255 View attachment 5256
I like the look of that 2X switch, can’t track one down in NZ.
Does it work well.

Bennyblanc0

Jul 2, 2018
NZ
I like the look of that 2X switch, can’t track one down in NZ.
Does it work well.
Yeah, surprisingly well. I could tidy the cable crimp underneath a bit perhaps...but that would be fussy. It's 100 times better than the reverb push hydraulic thingy!

RonBO

Sep 19, 2018
Israel
As you can see from this thread, some of the guys have made some major mods. I’m happy with mine as standard except for ordering shorter 150 cranks because of pedal strike and my little short legs.
Suggest you have a few good trial runs before making too many mods. It’s a great bike as is.

Hi. Can you tell me what 150 cranks you got?
Thanks,
Ron

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
Does anybody know what the maximum insert for a seatpost is on an E-Onesixty frame size small? I would like a little more drop than the 120mm from the original post and I wonder what would still fit.
If possible I'd like a 6" drop. I have a BikeYoke in 31.6mm which I could convert to 30.9mm if it fits...

If nobody knows I'll have to get the post out and measure myself ;)

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
Does anybody know what the maximum insert for a seatpost is on an E-Onesixty frame size small? I would like a little more drop than the 120mm from the original post and I wonder what would still fit.
If possible I'd like a 6" drop. I have a BikeYoke in 31.6mm which I could convert to 30.9mm if it fits...

If nobody knows I'll have to get the post out and measure myself ;)

Convert 31.6 to 30.9 you say?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles