mr.sebi

May 4, 2020
austria
82220030.jpeg

Natxoman

Dec 9, 2021
NAVARRA ESPAÑA
[QUOTE = "LuckyBushWookie, publicación: 342229, miembro: 19505"]
Parece una pregunta un poco obvia, pero ¿cabe una pinza Hope Tech 3 X2 en la parte trasera de un Merida e160 2019?
Tengo una esperanza V4 trasera por ahí que descubrí que no encaja :(, que quiero poner en la parte delantera, pero es una palanca izquierda.

¿También alguna sugerencia sobre la protección de BB / motor?
[ATTACH = full] 73564 [/ ATTACH]
[/ CITA]
Buenas yo tengo hace 2 años colocados Hope tech 3 E4 en mi Merida Eone Sixty 900
Tienes que colocar en el eje de la rueda en el lado del disco una arandela de 2mm y otra arandela en tornillo basculante de 1mm.
Llevo ya 2 años y sin problemas, un saludo soy nuevo por aquí.
20211209_111741.jpg
20211209_111820.jpg
20211209_112008.jpg
20211209_111820.jpg

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hello. Has anyone seen the new eone-sixty 2022 merida with 750 battery. I saw an overview from a german store. I wonder what the weight will be? In addition to the battery, Merida changes the cassette and derailleur

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
Good Afternoon All,

I've just joined the club and bought an E160 9000 for an amazing deal. There was a slight catch...

It's an XL. I couldn't resist the incredible discount and am hopeful that my 188cm of height isn't going to prove to small for this beast.

Any thoughts on sizing out there guys?

It's only 4mm in reach longer than my Radon Swoop and my Canyon DH bike was the same reach.

It's just that huge top tube! Guess I'll push the saddle forwards for when seated. It's being comfy on the descents that matters most to me.

Anyhow, pretty sure it'll work out and happy to join the club.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Good Afternoon All,

I've just joined the club and bought an E160 9000 for an amazing deal. There was a slight catch...

It's an XL. I couldn't resist the incredible discount and am hopeful that my 188cm of height isn't going to prove to small for this beast.

It's only 4mm in reach longer than my Radon Swoop and my Canyon DH bike was the same reach.

It's just that huge top tube! Guess I'll push the saddle forwards for when seated. It's being comfy on the descents that matters most to me.

I have the same bike, but in L, which is the correct size for me. Fantastic bike by the way!! You will love it.. :love:

I would not worry about the length, unless you have a short body/arms. What may cause you a problem is the saddle height. Even if you shove the dropper into the seat tube as far as it will go, with the dropper extended the saddle may be too high for you. Yes, I know that you can use the dropper to get a good height, but it will never return to that height during a ride and it will always be a nuisance until you get a dropper with a shorter travel. But if your legs are long even for someone of your height to the extent that saddle height is not a problem, then the length of the bike may then be the problem, because your body will be shorter. You can then change bars & stem and adjust the saddle fore/aft to improve your position.

I'm 3cm shorter than you and with a longer body than is standard for someone of my height and it was the saddle that caused me a problem. I'm on the cusp and I can live with it, but to be 100% satisfied, I would like the saddle 5mm lower.

I'm sure you will be able to make it work. The bike is worth it

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
I have the same bike, but in L, which is the correct size for me. Fantastic bike by the way!! You will love it.. :love:

I would not worry about the length, unless you have a short body/arms. What may cause you a problem is the saddle height. Even if you shove the dropper into the seat tube as far as it will go, with the dropper extended the saddle may be too high for you. Yes, I know that you can use the dropper to get a good height, but it will never return to that height during a ride and it will always be a nuisance until you get a dropper with a shorter travel. But if your legs are long even for someone of your height to the extent that saddle height is not a problem, then the length of the bike may then be the problem, because your body will be shorter. You can then change bars & stem and adjust the saddle fore/aft to improve your position.

I'm 3cm shorter than you and with a longer body than is standard for someone of my height and it was the saddle that caused me a problem. I'm on the cusp and I can live with it, but to be 100% satisfied, I would like the saddle 5mm lower.

I'm sure you will be able to make it work. The bike is worth it

Thanks, really appreciate your reply.

I'm pretty sure I can make it work with some relatively minor adjustments, as you say. I'll report back once I've had my first ride.

pmcdonald

Oct 22, 2021
NSW, Australia
Good Afternoon All,

I'm the same height as you riding an XL - very happy with the sizing. A L didn't feel quite right for me. There's going to be all sorts of variables around torso, leg and arm length, personal preference for extension, etc. A mate sizes up as an M but prefers a S.

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
I'm the same height as you riding an XL - very happy with the sizing. A L didn't feel quite right for me. There's going to be all sorts of variables around torso, leg and arm length, personal preference for extension, etc. A mate sizes up as an M but prefers a S.

Ah this is great to hear. Thanks very much indeed. Cannot wait to get on mine. Cheers.

Zagora

Jan 2, 2022
Milton Keynes Riviera
Good Afternoon All,

I'm riding a 2020 E160 9000 in a size XL. I'm 1.84m and it's perfect for me. I had a demo bike in a size L that I rode for a whole day, it felt a little bit small so I took a punt and ordered the size XL with no regrets. I've really clicked with the bike and it was so much better than the others I demo'd last year.
I had a small issue with the battery release catch not working which I've now resolved and I've changed the grips and seat, the latter of which I'd describe as dangerous and uncomfortable. The only thing I don't like is the lack of protection to the bottom of the motor. A great bike!!

Last edited:

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
Good Afternoon All,

I'm riding a 2020 E160 9000 in a size XL. I'm 1.84m and it's perfect for me. I had a demo bike in a size L that I rode for a whole day, it felt a little bit small so I took a punt and ordered the size XL with no regrets. I've really clicked with the bike and it was so much better than the others I demo'd last year.
I had a small issue with the battery release catch not working which I've now resolved and I've changed the grips and seat, the latter of which I'd describe as dangerous and uncomfortable. The only thing I don't like is the lack of protection to the bottom of the motor. A great bike!!
I've never had anything but Small/Medium MTBs but the only Merida eOne I could find was Large. I feel comfortable and maybe even a bit safer on it, somehow. I just shifted the saddle forward a little and that also helps with climbing steep stuff.

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
Good Afternoon All,

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm curious re the seat, dangerous? What did you experience?

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
Thanks all for responses re sizing.

I've only managed to ride on road and around Richmond Park. Hoping to get out properly this weekend.

But sizing seems absolutely fine. Standing was never an issue as reach in-line with current enduro bike. But seated seemed fine - just pushing that saddle forward a little.

Cheers All. Happy New Year riding.

Zagora

Jan 2, 2022
Milton Keynes Riviera
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm curious re the seat, dangerous? What did you experience?

The seat looks great and its a neat feature having the little tool box underneath. As well as finding it really uncomfortable, the main reason I changed it was because of the sharp edge on the back. Hanging off the back whilst riding a technical downhill I went off line, hit a small tree and was slammed into the back of the seat, it wasn't pretty!! I quickly swopped the seat for one with a more normal, rounded rear profile.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Good Afternoon All,

I'm a fair bit shorter than you on an 2019 XL and it fits like a glove although I feel I would like a bit more reach. Don't know if your later model has more reach but either way it should be fine for you with a bit of seat movement. Enjoy!

pmcdonald

Oct 22, 2021
NSW, Australia
So 2021 e160 500 owner here for a few months. The bike has been awesome so far but recently developed a prominent knocking over bumps. It sounds like it comes from somewhere in the stem. I can feel it through the bars. My guess is the internal knock block may have come loose? Is that a user serviceable thing to check and retighten or should I drop it off at the shop? I haven't dropped forks before but have swapped a few stems on other bikes, if that gives any sense of (lack of) wrenching ability.

CTM

Nov 4, 2021
NZ
So 2021 e160 500 owner here for a few months. The bike has been awesome so far but recently developed a prominent knocking over bumps. It sounds like it comes from somewhere in the stem. I can feel it through the bars. My guess is the internal knock block may have come loose? Is that a user serviceable thing to check and retighten or should I drop it off at the shop? I haven't dropped forks before but have swapped a few stems on other bikes, if that gives any sense of (lack of) wrenching ability.

Check for headset play (hold front brake on and rock bike backwards and fowards) headset might need a clean and grease. You sure its not the motor knocking?. Also. I removed that internal block. Drop fork. Have someone hold the bars up to make things easy. And remove that block off the steerer tube.

pmcdonald

Oct 22, 2021
NSW, Australia
Check for headset play (hold front brake on and rock bike backwards and fowards) headset might need a clean and grease. You sure its not the motor knocking?. Also. I removed that internal block. Drop fork. Have someone hold the bars up to make things easy. And remove that block off the steerer tube.
Thanks for the fast response. Everything feels pretty tight up front with the brakes on. I'll randomly shake and prod the bike some more but any way to diagnose loose internal blocks vs engine knocks. (It's definitely not the EP8 rattle)

CTM

Nov 4, 2021
NZ
Thanks for the fast response. Everything feels pretty tight up front with the brakes on. I'll randomly shake and prod the bike some more but any way to diagnose loose internal blocks vs engine knocks. (It's definitely not the EP8 rattle)

Do a bolt check obviously. When you turn the bar do you feel it hit the block? It's just a thing thats clamped around the steerer tube.

pmcdonald

Oct 22, 2021
NSW, Australia
Do a bolt check obviously. When you turn the bar do you feel it hit the block? It's just a thing thats clamped around the steerer tube.
I ran over all the cockpit bolts to spec just last night - everything feels pretty tight up there.

I don't have the tool to check the engine bolts but it feels rock solid with no play.

The bars do hit the block when turning to the extremes - there's probably about 160 degrees of arc there. Curiously it used to be silent when I turned to the limit. Now there's a little tap when I hit the limit. With very mild pressure I can exceed that point of resistance, perhaps suggesting something is loose?

Sounds like you made a sensible call removing it. There's zero risk of the forks hitting the frame on my XL but potentially more than zero risk of the internal block severing wires. Curious little design, given Merida brag about it a lot.

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia

Right, this may sound really weird but pull your seat post out, clean all mating surfaces and re-install

I recently had a clicking / knocking sound develop in my e160 and I could have sworn it was coming from the headset

Had the shop pull the headset apart, clean out with new grease and even install new bearings but didn't help

I then trouble shot myself and noticed the noise would occur while seated but not while standing

So gave the above a whirl and hey presto sound gone !

If it doesn't change anything for you at least you've eliminated one possible cause at zero cost

Good Luck

Last edited:

pmcdonald

Oct 22, 2021
NSW, Australia
Thank you both for the replies. Knocks and creaks can be tricky buggers to track down. I'll have a crack at those suggestions then likely handball it to the LBS when I inevitably muck something up 😅

pmcdonald

Oct 22, 2021
NSW, Australia
Right, this may sound really weird but pull your seat post out, clean all mating surfaces and re-install

I recently had a clicking / knocking sound develop in my e160 and I could have sworn it was coming from the headset

Had the shop pull the headset apart, clean out with new grease and even install new bearings but didn't help

I then trouble shot myself and noticed the noise would occur while seated but not while standing

So gave the above a whirl and hey presto sound gone !

If it doesn't change anything for you at least you've eliminated one possible cause at zero cost

Good Luck
Well, if I'm ever in SA I owe you a beer, mate. After going right over the stem, headset, forks and confirming everything seemed firmly attached in there I noticed on today's ride it also happened when seated. Reseated the saddle a bit more centred and voila knock gone! Uncanny the way the sound seemed to transmit right into the bars - guess it could be travelling up the dropper cable? Cheers again, saved me a needless trip to the shop.

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Well, if I'm ever in SA I owe you a beer, mate. After going right over the stem, headset, forks and confirming everything seemed firmly attached in there I noticed on today's ride it also happened when seated. Reseated the saddle a bit more centred and voila knock gone! Uncanny the way the sound seemed to transmit right into the bars - guess it could be travelling up the dropper cable? Cheers again, saved me a needless trip to the shop.
My pleasure mate
Glad it was an easy fix

CTM

Nov 4, 2021
NZ
Anyone know max insertion length on a Large 2021 E160 700? I wanna know if I can shove a 180mm one up in there slammed.

Brent8275

May 28, 2021
Auckland
The bars do hit the block when turning to the extremes - there's probably about 160 degrees of arc there. Curiously it used to be silent when I turned to the limit. Now there's a little tap when I hit the limit. With very mild pressure I can exceed that point of resistance, perhaps suggesting something is loose?
Initially the block will hit the rubber stopper making it silent, but it quickly splits which renders it useless. Terrible design. Photo is of mine before I removed it. I still have the knock block in there as I've rerouted the cables outside of the headset.

20220121_124650.jpg

pmcdonald

Oct 22, 2021
NSW, Australia
Initially the block will hit the rubber stopper making it silent, but it quickly splits which renders it useless. Terrible design. Photo is of mine before I removed it. I still have the knock block in there as I've rerouted the cables outside of the headset.

View attachment 81315
Thanks, might get my shop to reroute the light and display cables next service. I feel resistance on those cables at full lock, which isn't a great sign.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles