Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

motoadve

Jun 15, 2019
Washington
Yes, frustratingly there doesn't seem to be any further sources of info on the Expert around yet. Spesh Concept store have pulled all the 2021 levos from the site (including all the 2021 FF models) which were all on there when the original link was posted on here. I did have a browse around while it was live, and the specs for the other models were spot on to what we know - Comp SL with the tinted green colour and Guide REs, and FF Comp with 160mm fork and Shimano drivetrains etc

Given all the other specs seem to line up, I'm hopeful that the Expert SL was correct ?? but just published too early.

You can't navigate to them from the site anymore, but the 2021 FF specs still appear to be on the following links and look like they correspond with what we know. (live at the time of writing)

According to the specs its a 150mm fork.
FORKFox Float 36, Performance Elite, Grip2 damper, 150mm, 51mm rake, HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR, Kabolt axle

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I personally like the "calmer" steering on the shorter offset. It's minor ,IMO, less noticeable than a 10mm stem change (though obviously a bit different effect). I find that it helps on the steeper climbs as well since it's less "twitchy".

If your trails are tight, twisty and/or not very steep , the stock offset (51mm) may be best.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
So we need to pedal again.

-lyrik ultimate fork
-super deluxe plus rear shock
-XT 8120 brakes with freeza discs
-dt swiss 1700 wheels
-xtr rd
-xt shifter
-xt casette 10-51t

IMG_20200801_205313_693.jpg

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
Sizing question? A large '19 Levo comp fit me. I took a parking lot ride months ago on a SL, I seem to remember it feeling smaller than my Levo. The configurator says XL, advice?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Don’t forget to charge those batteries for the axs (dropper, derailleur). Aargh.

I’ve done nearly 1000 miles on my SL, and had the AXS derailleur fitted before the wheels even turned. The dropper followed a few weeks later.
I have charged both batteries 3 times each in this time.

I press the AXS button on them at the end of the ride. If it’s green, it’s good to go. If it’s red, I charge it.
I also have a spare AXS battery that I have in my tool roll just incase... but have never needed it so far.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
So we need to pedal again.

-lyrik ultimate fork
-super deluxe plus rear shock
-XT 8120 brakes with freeza discs
-dt swiss 1700 wheels
-xtr rd
-xt shifter
-xt casette 10-51t

View attachment 37140
Have you used that 51 tooth cog? I swapped my original NX for an 11 speed 10-42 at the insistence of the mechanic. I was dubious. He’s proved right for me so far, 42 + turbo handles the steepest stuff easily.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Have you used that 51 tooth cog? I swapped my original NX for an 11 speed 10-42 at the insistence of the mechanic. I was dubious. He’s proved right for me so far, 42 + turbo handles the steepest stuff easily.

Yes. Used it on sl. Was amaizing.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
is this on the SL?

Tom did the turbo delete for his Spec enduro. Now he’s limited to using cocaine for turbo mode..... which probably works pretty good except it’s probably hard on a motor that’s not under warranty.

My new motor needs no warranty. My legs are like nuclear reactors!

Norcalsl

Jul 12, 2020
Northern California
Getting ready to have a carbon wheelset made for my SL Carbon Comp. Do the factory hubs on the bike have boost spacing? (My bike is on order.) I assume so but wanted to double check. Also, does anyone know how much the alloy wheels weight on this bike?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
@Norcalsl - from the website:
FRONT HUBSpecialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h
REAR HUBSpecialized Turbo, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h

Madog

May 29, 2020
Kentucky
Getting ready to have a carbon wheelset made for my SL Carbon Comp. Do the factory hubs on the bike have boost spacing? (My bike is on order.) I assume so but wanted to double check. Also, does anyone know how much the alloy wheels weight on this bike?
As I recall, my wheels without tires were 2080g. The rims alone are 555 Each. I rebuilt the wheels with dtswiss 350 hubs and Sapim Race spokes. I put Schwalbe G1 tires on them for riding on pavement. The rims are actually pretty nice.

Last edited:

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Still haven’t made my mind up on rear shock.

whos running a coil and what ?

anyone tried the new RockShox ultimate air shock?

stick to 210x52.5 or 210 x55

thanks.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales

yes they are boost.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
is this on the SL?

Tom did the turbo delete for his Spec enduro. Now he’s limited to using cocaine for turbo mode..... which probably works pretty good except it’s probably hard on a motor that’s not under warranty.
Yep this is on the SL. I’ve seen a few around with the assistance remote removed. Just turbo all the time.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Still haven’t made my mind up on rear shock.

whos running a coil and what ?

anyone tried the new RockShox ultimate air shock?

stick to 210x52.5 or 210 x55

thanks.
I’ve got the Super Deluxe Ultimate. It took a bit of trial and error to set it up. Had to add more pressure than expected, but I am happy with this on my SL.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles