Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
My knees are so shot that 155mm cranks mean I get a 3cm shorter total stroke length, which makes a massive difference for me and is why I always go short on my cranks.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Again, I could be wrong - but my LBS said no. I’ve spoken to Praxis, and they told me the carbon crank for the SL was coming soon.
It’s under a different section of their website along with the Creo one.
If I could have used the Levo one, I’m sure they wouldn’t have developed a new one for the SL?
From the pics I've found of the SL1.1 motor, it has a standard ISIS interface, same as the Levo and Kenevo. I'm picking up my SL in the morning, so will know for certain soon enough. That being the case, Hope, FSA, Miranda, and a host of other cranks will fit the SL, in a wide range of sizes.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
From the pics I've found of the SL1.1 motor, it has a standard ISIS interface, same as the Levo and Kenevo. I'm picking up my SL in the morning, so will know for certain soon enough. That being the case, Hope, FSA, Miranda, and a host of other cranks will fit the SL, in a wide range of sizes.

Its something about the Q factor on them being something really odd more than the axle.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
My motor is exchanged now and sound & feels like it should. What is the best way to describe it? It feels super compact and "tight" again. You could hear from "shaking" of the old, loose motor that the entire content had already been "run in well" ,not everything was as tight as it was at the beginning. I am curious if this will be the case with the new one again. Changing process took about 45 minutes. Afterwards update on it, we were done. I didn't even have to register the motor again with Mission Control because everything runs via the TCU.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Its something about the Q factor on them being something really odd more than the axle.
The Q factor may well be different, I don't know, but what I can state as fact is that the SL does NOT use an ISIS crank interface. I've just had the driveside crank off mine and a Levo/Kenevo crank would not fit. Phoned LBS who did the same and confirmed. It appears that Spesh have created a(another!) new and unique standard for the Levo SL cranks. I then had a live chat with a Miranda (one of Europe's largest parts manufacturers), who confirmed that they were totally unaware of this new standard. So, in short, right now the only cranks that will fit the SL are the M30 standard, which only come from Praxis.

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
Ibkbike seems to have really good deals on SLs - Comp Carbon 5355€. However, it says tax is excluded, but if you add the bike to cart, the price is still the same and not it also says tax is included...?

Anybody have experiences with ibkbike in general? Warranty issues remain a question mark for me if ordering the bike from abroad. The Specialized warranty claims the right to restrict warranty and repairs to the country where the bike was purchased from... :unsure:

dasurpha

May 9, 2020
Helsinki
Warranty issues remain a question mark for me if ordering the bike from abroad. The Specialized warranty claims the right to restrict warranty and repairs to the country where the bike was purchased from... :unsure:

Almost, they claim the right to restrict the warranty SERVICE to the country where the bike was purchased from. It would not be legal to restrict the warranty within EU to a specific country. This means the LBS could charge you for the repairs under warranty if they and Specialized play hardball. Cheaper for Specialized to fix things locally in any case.

To take advantage of this Warranty, a dated proof of original retail purchase must be presented to Specialized on the same continent (North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia) where the Product was purchased.
Specialized reserves the right to limit warranty service to the country where the Product was purchased.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Carbon wheels and light shoes, - 900g

View attachment 31069

View attachment 31070

@jemen

Also got a question:
What is the "right" way to use extender? Set in mc to use extender first or not?
Today it was set to use extender first and when it was empty, bike did shut down as i tought it would be.
When restarting it, blue and red blinked on tcu. Only way i managed to make it work again was that i took the extender cable of and closed the cover.

How are people using extender?

Waldolo

May 15, 2020
Vancouver
Hey guys, picked up a Levo SL before the covid madness hit and it's been a lifesaver. Anyway, is anyone else finding that the cap to the charging port pops open on rides? I've noticed it on the last two rides that i'll come home and noticed that it's popped open.

dasurpha

May 9, 2020
Helsinki
@jemen

Also got a question:
What is the "right" way to use extender? Set in mc to use extender first or not?
Today it was set to use extender first and when it was empty, bike did shut down as i tought it would be.
When restarting it, blue and red blinked on tcu. Only way i managed to make it work again was that i took the extender cable of and closed the cover.

I read in a review this is the standard behaviour and they should be used simultanously to be able to get everything out of the extender, not extender first.

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
I read in a review this is the standard behaviour and they should be used simultanously to be able to get everything out of the extender, not extender first.
So i normally do all day rides. I have 2 extenders with me. For the first extender i will set up the bike to use that one first. Then when I add the second extender I will set it to use the bike and the extender simultaneously

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Thx! Thats what I expected. Will try that when I next need the extender.
You can configure either way. Extender first gives the option if you’re at a trail centre / park loops to ditch the extender in the car when it’s finished. Leaving you a bit lighter with full internal battery.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Thx! Thats what I expected. Will try that when I next need the extender.

In my experience, when my bike is on and I select use extender battery first in Mission Control, and it *looks* like its enabled, it doesn't work. It drains both batteries together. I have to turn the TCU off/on for the command to take....

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
In my experience, when my bike is on and I select use extender battery first in Mission Control, and it *looks* like its enabled, it doesn't work. It drains both batteries together. I have to turn the TCU off/on for the command to take....

Isnt that the normal way? Imo mc says that the bike has to be restarted to enable some of those options.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Extender only also allows you to ditch the external battery and fly with your bike, as range extender batteries can be carried as hand luggage. Then you spend your holiday riding just on the range extenders.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
It's here.

IMG_20200516_071716.jpg

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
@jemen

Also got a question:

I did not use an extender yet. All i can say is that there is a "Display update" available IF your dealer makes a motor update but i did not find out what its exactly for.

Last edited:

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Well, she's here, after 3 long weeks of waiting and a day of stripping and rebuilding. Size M, comes in at a shade over 20kgs, ride ready and with a full water bottle. Like for like, as if it had come out of the shop, my build was 10g lighter than the stock spec! That includes Code R brakes, a GX cassette, the Pike (2018 RCT3, with 2021 DebonAir spring), a Double Down 2.5" rear tyre, and a Nukeproof insert in the 2.6 Exo+ front, plus a bunch of other bits. The wheels and stem are particular highlights for me, just because of the bling (wheels lighter than stock, stem heavier)!

20200516_155733.jpg

20200516_150413.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles