Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
New SL.
So far it’s great. Second ride was yesterday and did 21k here in the hills of Sindelfingen and went through the water bottle extender. I will say that I got passed by some full power bikes going up while I was working heard they passed me with a conversational pace. However on the Generally flat top I passed them at 25kph. Max speed down hill was 47kph and I didn’t see them after that. Anyway

I will say when I was about 100m from home the range extender switched to the bikes main battery and the fresh full power of the bikes internal battery felt like I was getting a free ride which my legs liked.
Anyway in 205lbs so that for 21k in hills used up my range extender. I’m sure the more I ride the less battery power I’ll need for 21k.

Rite on! Sounds like a super efficient ride.???

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Pretty much since I got the SL, I’ve been running it at 40/50 in Eco, and not using anything else.
I realised that most of my rides use about 60-70% of my battery, and that I was always charging it for my next ride. Today, I thought I’d waste it all so I could get a full charge.

Cue Turbo - 100/100!!
Apart from my demo ride, this is the first time I’ve used this. I did the last 7 miles of my ride in Turbo, and was astonished how quick I could go. I felt my legs were tired when I started off today (big ride yesterday), so having this extra boost on the hills was amazing.

I finished my ride back in Eco, so I wasn’t left with the memory of how easy everything was. My fear of using Turbo is that I’ll want to use it more!!

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
Pretty much since I got the SL, I’ve been running it at 40/50 in Eco, and not using anything else.
I realised that most of my rides use about 60-70% of my battery, and that I was always charging it for my next ride. Today, I thought I’d waste it all so I could get a full charge.

Cue Turbo - 100/100!!
Apart from my demo ride, this is the first time I’ve used this. I did the last 7 miles of my ride in Turbo, and was astonished how quick I could go. I felt my legs were tired when I started off today (big ride yesterday), so having this extra boost on the hills was amazing.

I finished my ride back in Eco, so I wasn’t left with the memory of how easy everything was. My fear of using Turbo is that I’ll want to use it more!!

Hell yeah!!! Faster is funner!!!?

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Anyone that has picked up an SL in the last week or so, could you post up your firmware versions, wondering if I need to go and get mine updated :)

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands

Cue Turbo - 100/100!!

where are you riding since we are still on lockdown in scotland ?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
where are you riding since we are still on lockdown in scotland ?

I have miles of forests just over a mile from my home. About 1.2 miles of road get me into a park, round a golf course (trail path through the woods), then into a forest full of trails.
Not my first choice for a Sunday morning, but it’s become my regular go-to.

I’d usually put the bike on the back of the car and drive 20 miles to slightly more exotic trails. The local ones are fine when I’m short on time, and light nights - but since I’m being forced to leave from my house, these are a saviour!

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
I have miles of forests just over a mile from my home. About 1.2 miles of road get me into a park, round a golf course (trail path through the woods), then into a forest full of trails.
Not my first choice for a Sunday morning, but it’s become my regular go-to.

I’d usually put the bike on the back of the car and drive 20 miles to slightly more exotic trails. The local ones are fine when I’m short on time, and light nights - but since I’m being forced to leave from my house, these are a saviour!

How are those local not to challenging trails on the SL ? I ask as I’m looking for a new eMTB once I have enough rehab from a bad shoulder injury. I had an Orbea Wild but far too much bike for anything that I’m likely to be able to ride in the future and the light weight of the SL could work with my weak shoulder..

oh, and whereabouts are you ? In in South Lan.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
How are those local not to challenging trails on the SL ? I ask as I’m looking for a new eMTB once I have enough rehab from a bad shoulder injury. I had an Orbea Wild but far too much bike for anything that I’m likely to be able to ride in the future and the light weight of the SL could work with my weak shoulder..

oh, and whereabouts are you ? In in South Lan.

I’m up in Aberdeen.
I find the SL can deal with anything I can throw at it.
I generally ride in Eco at 40/50, and I find it gives me a nice little ‘push’!

I’ve been riding Stumpjumper’s for years, so the SL is pretty much the same bike... just helping me climb bits that my legs usually wouldn’t manage.
My SJ is about 13kg, and my SL is 17.5kg.

Above the limiter, it pedals like a normal bike.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
I’m up in Aberdeen.
I find the SL can deal with anything I can throw at it.
I generally ride in Eco at 40/50, and I find it gives me a nice little ‘push’!

I’ve been riding Stumpjumper’s for years, so the SL is pretty much the same bike... just helping me climb bits that my legs usually wouldn’t manage.
My SJ is about 13kg, and my SL is 17.5kg.

Above the limiter, it pedals like a normal bike.

You just about have me sold on it ! Can I ask, what size bike and what height etc are you ? I’m a shade under 5’10, long back, short legs at 30” and think I’d be on a large but need to get dropper swopped to 125.

Kpmnd85

Feb 13, 2020
Austin, TX
Thinking about changing out the stock front fork (FOX RHYTHM 34 FLOAT 29) and rear shock (FOX FLOAT DPS Performance) on my Levo SL comp carbon, medium size. I've changed a lot out on the bike: AXS eagle, AXS dropper, carbon wheels, Magura MT7 brakes.

I've been trying to get educated on the suspensions - front and back. I ride hilly, rocky trails in Austin, Tx. 170 lbs. Not sure if I should prioritize replacing one over the other. If I were to replace the rear shock, it seems a Fox Float DPX2 might be a good choice but would like to understand what difference I would likely notice.

For the fork, I am very interested on suggestions. Thanks.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
You just about have me sold on it ! Can I ask, what size bike and what height etc are you ? I’m a shade under 5’10, long back, short legs at 30” and think I’d be on a large but need to get dropper swopped to 125.

I’m an XL frame.
6ft 2” tall, and 34” legs. I have a 170mm dropper, and it’s slammed to the bottom. I can just get my toes on the ground when it’s up!

I love it, but then I’m not used to having a more powerful bike.
If I’d been riding something with 400% power for a while, I might feel underwhelmed by the SL’s 100% assistance.

Best thing to do is see if you can get a demo.

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
Thinking about changing out the stock front fork (FOX RHYTHM 34 FLOAT 29) and rear shock (FOX FLOAT DPS Performance) on my Levo SL comp carbon, medium size. I've changed a lot out on the bike: AXS eagle, AXS dropper, carbon wheels, Magura MT7 brakes.

I've been trying to get educated on the suspensions - front and back. I ride hilly, rocky trails in Austin, Tx. 170 lbs. Not sure if I should prioritize replacing one over the other. If I were to replace the rear shock, it seems a Fox Float DPX2 might be a good choice but would like to understand what difference I would likely notice.

For the fork, I am very interested on suggestions. Thanks.

Why not ride what you have till stuff wears out then replace? Your fork and rear shock are fine for anyone. They work.

Seb

May 16, 2020
Netherlands
Hi all, I am also a proud owner of a Levo SL expert since the weekend. Epic bike, but one question though. My Levo will only start when the extender is connected, once started I can remove the extender and only the blue lights remain (as it should) and rides then without any issues. But even then, the Levo won't start again without the extender. Tried all options in the mission control app, i.e. charge extender first or simultaneous but to no reveal. Any expert here who would know what to do. p.s. did ride an email to Specialized already, so might get an answer from them but was just wondering if any of you has had the same issue.
Thanks!

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Got mine Friday and it doesn’t do that. Contact your bike shop.
I know my bike doesn’t charge unless both the extended and bike are plugged in. That doesn’t seem right but maybe I’m doing something wrong.....not like I read manuals.
You can only charge one or the other Unless you have the Y splitter charger .. extender and bike are charged separately. How can you charge both when charger goes into the same port as the Extender cable . ?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Hi all, I am also a proud owner of a Levo SL expert since the weekend. Epic bike, but one question though. My Levo will only start when the extender is connected, once started I can remove the extender and only the blue lights remain (as it should) and rides then without any issues. But even then, the Levo won't start again without the extender. Tried all options in the mission control app, i.e. charge extender first or simultaneous but to no reveal. Any expert here who would know what to do. p.s. did ride an email to Specialized already, so might get an answer from them but was just wondering if any of you has had the same issue.
Thanks!
It shouldn’t be doing this . What if you don’t have an extender? That’s a faulty bike .

try resetting the bike to factory in mission control .

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire

Similar size to me. I’d suggest large unless you like a very compact bike that you want to chuck about.

Seb

May 16, 2020
Netherlands
It shouldn’t be doing this . What if you don’t have an extender? That’s a faulty bike .

try resetting the bike to factory in mission control .

Did the reset through the TCU (as per the manual) but to avail. p.s. How do you reset in the app, only thing I can find is pre-setting the support levels with the Tune option.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Question, Expert carbon or Comp Carbon ? Quite a difference in price, Expert has better groupset and carbon rims, worth it ?

Copy / Paste from my reply of post 1294 a couple of days ago:

“I went for an Expert in XL. When I bought it, I thought that the better components on the Expert over Comp were worth the hike in price. The GX groupset is a significant improvement on the NX, and the Roval carbon wheels are much lighter than the alloy wheels on the Comp. I also thought the brakes and shocks were better too.

After some riding, I realised that the G2 RSC brakes were really lacking, so replaced them with Magura MT7's. I didn't like the Fox 34 Performance shock, so swapped it for a Lyric Ultimate. I changed most of the groupset to XX1 when I fitted AXS, and then swapped the cassette over anyway. Turns out, the only remaining parts of the bike I have just now is the wheels, rear shock, and the cranks - the later 2 I will be replacing in the near future.
Were the wheels alone worth the extra premium over the Comp? Probably not. I've sold all the spares on ebay, and probably got more for selling a GX groupset over an NX. I probably got more for selling the slightly better parts from the Expert than I would have for the components off the Comp (fork / brakes). Probably still not worth taking the Expert over the Comp - but at the time of purchase I thought I'd be happy with most of them!

If I was to go back and do it again, I'd probably go with the Comp knowing that I'd replace everything. If you're the sort of person who will be happy with the components on the Expert and won't be swapping them - then it may be better value.

On another note - I got 15% discount, so paid £6325 for mine.”

Personally, I think the finish on the black Expert is much nicer than the black Comp Carbon... so I guess that’s something else!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I’m the same height as you and found the large to be just fine. If anything on the small side for me.
I ride an S4 Kenevo and love the power but the SL weight difference is amazing. It has more than enough power to take you most places, maybe not the super steep climbs. I’ve taken a hire one out a couple times to two local parks and loved it. I’m by no means pro fitness level and I have a back injury but I found the SL to have just enough power to make it fun.
It’s obviously slower on the ups but everywhere else it’s unreal!
I’d be looking at a carbon expert if your not one to modify or a carbon Comp if you want to build a nice capable lightweight beast!

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
I’m the same height as you and found the large to be just fine. If anything on the small side for me.
I ride an S4 Kenevo and love the power but the SL weight difference is amazing. It has more than enough power to take you most places, maybe not the super steep climbs. I’ve taken a hire one out a couple times to two local parks and loved it. I’m by no means pro fitness level and I have a back injury but I found the SL to have just enough power to make it fun.
It’s obviously slower on the ups but everywhere else it’s unreal!
I’d be looking at a carbon expert if your not one to modify or a carbon Comp if you want to build a nice capable lightweight beast!

Would you say that your Kenevo is a more capable climber than the SL? Of course the power is there, but how balanced is the Kenevo for steep techy climbs?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles