Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
I think this is one of my biggest gripes of the Levo SL.
People see / hear you are on an eMTB so automatically assume you should be racing along and climbing everything without breaking a sweat!
I’ve had to explain to several people that I’m ‘only’ getting 35% help!

"Why do you look so exhausted? You're on an e-bike aren't you?" :)

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Lbs owner sold his cc to me today.

48498F09-898E-4A11-9496-8126D77063CA.jpeg

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Wasn’t this due to an app update And nothing to do with being an SL or a full fat. ??‍♂️
I have the 530 and get the rider power output. I have it added as a power/speed sensor, bike, and cadence I think on the garmin. I definitely know it’s rider power because when I pedal with the motor off it still give me output

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Anyone else have a intermittent squeak from bottom bracket (for want of a better word) sounds like a dry seal, probably outer one by crank harm. Only happens when peddling and does it motor on or off. @Bearing Man if it’s the seal can I put a drop of oil where crank arm motor shaft comes out of the motor to see if I can stop it. It’s not squeaking constantly but is starting to irritate. It’s done it from new and hasn’t got any worse.

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Anyone else have a intermittent squeak from bottom bracket (for want of a better word) sounds like a dry seal, probably outer one by crank harm. Only happens when peddling and does it motor on or off. @Bearing Man if it’s the seal can I put a drop of oil where crank arm motor shaft comes out of the motor to see if I can stop it. It’s not squeaking constantly but is starting to irritate. It’s done it from new and hasn’t got any worse.
I am sure it is the seal and it is squeaking against the inner bearing race of the right side crank bearing. You won’t get oil past the seal very easily, but if you can get the chain wheel off you can get a small pick or pin in the lip of the seal and spray a little silicone spray in there. Be very carful, the seal is thin and can be damaged.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford

I had a similar noise, that I thought was from down there, I found tho, lockout the suspension and its gone - it was some noise from the rear suspension linkages

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
I have a video someone sent me that shows the chain removed from the front sprocket and as the crank is moved back and forth it squeaks. (annoyingly can't post it here). But @ImSundee is right, most noises will travel down the frame and emanate from the motor area.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Your Edge shows:
48% battery, 12 km, 416 ft ????

I thought the same...

I did 24 miles on Sunday (about 38.5km) with 710m (2330ft) elevation all in Eco (40/50) and returned with 39% (main battery only). Not bad. I might dial my Eco down to 35/45 and try that for a few rides.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I thought the same...

I did 24 miles on Sunday (about 38.5km) with 710m (2330ft) elevation all in Eco (40/50) and returned with 39% (main battery only). Not bad. I might dial my Eco down to 35/45 and try that for a few rides.
Try 30/45, works very well.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Today 40km with +1800ft ascent. 70%on eco 35/40 and rest on turbo 100/100. At the end there was 48% remaining ?. Used turbo on strava segments.
With extender this goes to the moon and back.
Weighs 19.0kg with stock drivetrain and heavy enduro setup.

View attachment 29423

View attachment 29424

View attachment 29425

View attachment 29426

View attachment 29427

View attachment 29428
Looks like someone using the planet3 device . Could be Wrong .. as that’s the only way the Levo detects 3/4 times less than what you have actually ridden .

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Looks like someone using the planet3 device . Could be Wrong .. as that’s the only way the Levo detects 3/4 times less than what you have actually ridden .

I thought the Garmin would measure distance and elevation based on GPS / GLONAAS data, not the Levo TCU?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Try 30/45, works very well.
I started at 60/60, and am coming down in small steps to find out what I can work with.
I want to find an optimum setting that I don't need to change, so I can remove the switch from my bars. I have several routes, and want to make sure I can still do them without getting off and having to push!

Once I have it figured out, I'm going to set Eco to something like 15/15, have Trail at 35/45 (or whatever I finally decide on) and leave Turbo as 100/100.
The bike always starts in Trail, so I'd never need to change it. I could swap to Eco if I needed to conserve power at the end of a ride... and keep Turbo in the event I have something really extreme to climb!

That'll be another cable off my bars to make them tidier.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles