Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
How’s this.
I am 181cm with 85cm inseam.
Some how my testbike, size large feels a bit small for me and feels smaller than my large size fullpower levo.
XL might be too big.
i think the geo is really similar if not identical, what is way different is the chainstays which makes the bike feel completly different

Gallijam

Jan 22, 2020
East Midlands
Im might go mullet .. have 27.5 on the back as then my feet can touch the floor . As when dropper is down my feet do struggle to reach the ground . But my Kenevo was the same and that was a medium .. I’m just a short arse with a big torso and just about the right arms .. I can live with it being a bit high as my feet can touch the ground on the inside of berms .. if the collar wasn’t so big on the axs dropper it would be Perfect but if I do struggle then I will put a 27.5 on the rear .
Well Iv gone 27'.5 front and rear and flipped the chip round and he's spot on

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
How’s this.
I am 181cm with 85cm inseam.
Some how my testbike, size large feels a bit small for me and feels smaller than my large size fullpower levo.
XL might be too big.
XL Is for you my friend with that height of near 6ft and 33.5in inseam . Could just get the large and get longer stem and dropper .

Johniboy73

Apr 28, 2018
Leeds
Just realised the SL has far less tunability. The acceleration response has been removed as has the shuttle adjustment.
Or am I missing something? Also, anyone know how to get the ‘rider power’ to work on the fake channel with a garmin? Even when I’m still it’s showing a power.

F01AC5AE-0817-481D-8FBD-96030023EA75.jpeg

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Just realised the SL has far less tunability. The acceleration response has been removed as has the shuttle adjustment.
Or am I missing something? Also, anyone know how to get the ‘rider power’ to work on the fake channel with a garmin? Even when I’m still it’s showing a power.

View attachment 29150

I got the edge530. Is it possible to connect levo to it???

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
XL Is for you my friend with that height of near 6ft and 33.5in inseam . Could just get the large and get longer stem and dropper .

Longer stem is not an option.
Think that XL might be somewhat too big.
At least if my fullpower levo was an xl, it would be too big.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
At 5ft 9 and a bit and a 30 inch inside leg, the Large looks right on paper for me, bar the 150mm dropper, which will have an ISM Saddle, with a slightly higher stack height than the Spesh one.

Johniboy73

Apr 28, 2018
Leeds
I got the edge530. Is it possible to connect levo to it???
Yes, even Got a field here (bottom left on my photo) showing the percentage left on the battery and what mode it’s in. But the power isn’t reading correctly. If you don’t use a fake channel, it cumulates the power you are putting in and the power coming from the motor (not a lot of use). Had it working with a 2018 Levo, but can’t seem to get the SL to. Noticed the garmin not reading some other battery info and assist level. The first photo shows what the old Levo was recording, the second the SL

9A155FB1-86F3-46A1-AFE2-0C3B22884099.jpeg

06DDFE5A-9E1D-4E95-A333-7D0744A18D7B.jpeg

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford

View attachment 29150
Power doesn't work I've found with mine.

What I do is run the specialized app and garmin, then combine then before uploading.

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon

View attachment 29150
Wasn’t this due to an app update And nothing to do with being an SL or a full fat. ??‍♂️

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
I’m 5’9 and went with a large. The med felt wayyyyy to cramped. Also I got my power meter to read with my Garmin. But the max power I’m seeing is only 150w. I know I’ve been way over that

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Did today second test ride with sl comp.
Eco was set on 30/35,trail 40/50 and turbo 70/80.
I rode over 50km and about 900m climbing.
At the end of the ride i there was about 50% charge left.

Kind a like it way the ride went. I was able to ride up whery technical and steep climb, but also my heart was beating 95% of its maximum hr.
At the top, i wasnt as tired that i would be if had did that with analog bike.
today i find out that the bike accelerates very well over the speed limiter.

I at point that im still able to tackle those 100km rides with 2000m climbing with bike like SL. It will give a very good workout every time i ride it. With full levo im also able to get workout done but it is also easy to put it on turbo if you start to feel tired during ride. With sl that is also option but you will smoke the battery fast.
Other hand: if you ride today 100km with full levo and feel exhausted, you are still able to ride tomorrow, just add assistanse and have fun.
100km with sl and i definetly need a rest day or two.

At the moment, im fucked. Really cant decide what to do? I got a buyer for my levo if i decide to buy sl.
So bike gods, help me with all the details you can.

E: if the sl is the next bike, its specs are(comp carbon)

-lyrik ultimate with vorsprung smahspot
-cane creek coil IL
-dt swiss ex511 wheels
-shimano xt 8120 brakes
-renthal stem and carbon fatbar
-crankbrother candy 7
-X01 casette

E2: will 2.6” specialized tyres fit to SL levo chainstay?

D8AF5373-4067-4E9C-85B3-2A3BB7219BB2.jpeg

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands

Kind a like it way the ride went. I was able to ride up whery technical and steep climb, but also my heart was beating 95% of its maximum hr.

I at point that im still able to tackle those 100km rides with 2000m climbing with bike like SL. It will give a very good workout every time i ride it. With full levo im also able to get workout done but it is also easy to put it on turbo if you start to feel tired during ride. With sl that is also option but you will smoke the battery fast.
Other hand: if you ride today 100km with full levo and feel exhausted, you are still able to ride tomorrow, just add assistanse and have fun.

At the moment, im fucked. Really cant decide what to do? I got a buyer for my levo if i decide to buy sl.

-cane creek coil IL
-dt swiss ex511 wheels
-shimano xt 8120 brakes
-crankbrother candy 7
-X01 casette

View attachment 29180
Ffs are you only 50kg or something ?

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria

-cane creek coil IL
-dt swiss ex511 wheels
-shimano xt 8120 brakes
-crankbrother candy 7
-X01 casette

View attachment 29180
I would go for the SL. I rode the Levo for several years, it feels too "clumsy" in comparison to the SL. The SL is definitely the right decision for riders who have no problem with "some" pain in their legs.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
I would go for the SL. I rode the Levo for several years, it feels too "clumsy" in comparison to the SL. The SL is definitely the right decision for riders who have no problem with "some" pain in their legs.

If you check my post where is the specs that is coming to sl.
Riding is mostly enduro type, still go for the sl?

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
If you check my post where is the specs that is coming to sl.
Riding is mostly enduro type, still go for the sl?
If you want the "real" bike feeling (steering, jumping, doing manuals etc.) go for the SL.
If you want more the brachial type of feeling go for the LEVO. The LEVO is the powermachine, the SL is the more agile, numble bike.

Johniboy73

Apr 28, 2018
Leeds
If you want the "real" bike feeling (steering, jumping, doing manuals etc.) go for the SL.
If you want more the brachial type of feeling go for the LEVO. The LEVO is the powermachine, the SL is the more agile, numble bike.
Got to agree with that. The sheer weight of the Levo is tiring after a while too. The SL i find you can go a lot longer on and throw it about more

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
I am stunned by the Levo SL range.

I'ma big guy, about 100kg fully kitted. I charged up the internal battery and took a full range extender 'just in case' for my isolation ride on Sunday.

After 38km and 580m elevation gain, I returned home with 13% of the extender left and 100% of the main battery!!!

Seriously thinking of dropping the main battery out for a few rides, see how it feels!

YMMV. My isolation rides tend to mostly be on wider fire-trail/gravel/lanes. But the idea that I can do my normal local Sunday ride on 160Wh blows my mind. I'm pretty sure I'd have got through nearer 300Wh on my Bosch....

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
I am stunned by the Levo SL range.

I'ma big guy, about 100kg fully kitted. I charged up the internal battery and took a full range extender 'just in case' for my isolation ride on Sunday.

After 38km and 580m elevation gain, I returned home with 13% of the extender left and 100% of the main battery!!!

Seriously thinking of dropping the main battery out for a few rides, see how it feels!

YMMV. My isolation rides tend to mostly be on wider fire-trail/gravel/lanes. But the idea that I can do my normal local Sunday ride on 160Wh blows my mind. I'm pretty sure I'd have got through nearer 300Wh on my Bosch....

Assist levels?

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK
Assist levels?

Mostly Eco 30%/50%, and a bit of Trail 50%/70% for the hill climbs.

I have been tuning my Eco down recently. I had it at 25%/50% which still allowed me to climb hills with roadies, but I found 25% support to be under-powered when accelerating. Kinda felt stupid having the whine of a eeb motor as I accelerated away extremely slowly. 30% support is now my Eco sweet-spot.

Last edited:

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
...The sheer weight of the Levo is tiring after a while too...

You are so right! The carrying, the movin around, even pushing the bike up again on very technical steep trail passages with its "pushing aid" is so hard.
I remember the day i grabbed the SL and pulled it out of the box. It felt like a road bike.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Kinda felt stupid having the whine of a eeb motor as I accelerated away extremely slowly. 30% support is now my Eco sweet-spot.

I think this is one of my biggest gripes of the Levo SL.
People see / hear you are on an eMTB so automatically assume you should be racing along and climbing everything without breaking a sweat!
I’ve had to explain to several people that I’m ‘only’ getting 35% help!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles