Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
Well I placed an order for a s works frame last night.

Any recommendations for protection kit?
Also, I'm going to presume is doesn't come with the headset. Any recommendations on that too?

Thanks for the advice!
Will come with a headset.
Invisiframe are probably the best or you can buy some 3m tape and do it yourself. Invisiframe kits are about £100 but will be about £200 if fitted by a LBS.
Congratulations, great frame and always nice to own an S-Works.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Well I placed an order for a s works frame last night.

Any recommendations for protection kit?
Also, I'm going to presume is doesn't come with the headset. Any recommendations on that too?

Thanks for the advice!

Mine has got invisiframe, seems to be doing the job.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I have to say the glossy finish on my black KSL is so thick and durable that after two years and frequent crashing it still looks brand new. My Sram Codes look like they are from trashbin though, and my Zeb stanchions are scratched, but fixed with nail color, works like nothing happened.

But the frame just looks like when I bought it ;- )

I was too lazy to apply any 3M wrap like is getting common, but then you still get those ugly dirty seams where wraps don't touch. Just saying you'll be fine without any protection on current glossy frames.

The less you babysit the bike, the better you feel while riding it. Less tears after every crash :- )
And resell value is moot. Look at the current situation, KSL lost 50perc. value lol just by existing, so having it in nice condition wouldn't have helped the least.

Arron M

Oct 14, 2021
Australia
[QUOTE="Endurafrika, post: 512697, member: 25341”
... oh yes, my wheel circumference is set at 2002 mm. Easy way to tickle a few more KM/H from the 1.1 :)[/QUOTE]

So I bought a demo KSL and noticed the wheel diameter set at 2000. Which means in my head should give a few more km/h as you say… however my bike assists further than expected, like upto around 40kph. No planet or Speedi devices that I can find. Can this setting affect this much?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
[QUOTE="Endurafrika, post: 512697, member: 25341”
... oh yes, my wheel circumference is set at 2002 mm. Easy way to tickle a few more KM/H from the 1.1 :)

So I bought a demo KSL and noticed the wheel diameter set at 2000. Which means in my head should give a few more km/h as you say… however my bike assists further than expected, like upto around 40kph. No planet or Speedi devices that I can find. Can this setting affect this much?
[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's because of that. Mine is set to 2000 and the actual maximum assistance speed is around 28-29 km/h

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I don't think it's because of that. Mine is set to 2000 and the actual maximum assistance speed is around 28-29 km/h
[/QUOTE]
It sounds like there's a velociraptor stuffed in the frame somewhere ...

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Anyone know roughly the length of the rear brake line of a S4 by chance and does the cable guide run all the way through by chance ??

Arron M

Oct 14, 2021
Australia
It sounds like there's a velociraptor stuffed in the frame somewhere ...[/QUOTE]

To give more info the speedo is incorrect, assists until around 26-28kph displayed speed, but actual gps speed is 38-40kph

Where would one look for the device? I pulled the display out and nothing in there.

Last edited:

Razorrazoo

Oct 17, 2023
London
My KSL Expert turned up today and is now in the process of getting set up with some bits swapped from my current bike. Stem and bars swapped for One Up set up. Brakes removed ready for my Hope’s, GX AXS fitted.

Next up is tubeless (and probably fit a part worn pair of Maxxis unless someone is going to tell me how good the stock tyres are). Does anyone know if the Roval wheels are pre taped (valves were included in the box)?

Also I’ve ordered an invisiframe kit but noticed that there is already protection tape fitted to bottom of down tube and back of set tube. Is the Invisiframe kit cut around this?

Apr 11, 2023
US
My KSL Expert turned up today and is now in the process of getting set up with some bits swapped from my current bike. Stem and bars swapped for One Up set up. Brakes removed ready for my Hope’s, GX AXS fitted.

Next up is tubeless (and probably fit a part worn pair of Maxxis unless someone is going to tell me how good the stock tyres are). Does anyone know if the Roval wheels are pre taped (valves were included in the box)?

Also I’ve ordered an invisiframe kit but noticed that there is already protection tape fitted to bottom of down tube and back of set tube. Is the Invisiframe kit cut around this?
taped... might think about wheels depending your riding... also mullet is a good idea...

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No. I removed the original tape before fitting the Invisiframe.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No such luck. It's a shame the bike comes with the Spesh tape fitted. I would have applied it over the Invisiframe on the downtube if that was the case.

Razorrazoo

Oct 17, 2023
London
I put mine over the top of it, then gave it a gentle blast with a heatgun to shrink it round it.
I've done that with my last 3 bikes.

Kind of the same as when I invisiframed my Trek Rail... and the T R E K decals were raised.
The heatgun (hairdryer) method, was this once you'd squeegied the full part on or did you heat as you squeegied (which in my experience makes the film susceptible to stretching? I'd like to do this on the down tube bit which is likely going to be a pain to remove and there's no harm in an extra layer of protection there (the other parts I've found on back of seat tube and non-driveside seatstay are smaller and I'll most likely remove).

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The heatgun (hairdryer) method, was this once you'd squeegied the full part on or did you heat as you squeegied (which in my experience makes the film susceptible to stretching? I'd like to do this on the down tube bit which is likely going to be a pain to remove and there's no harm in an extra layer of protection there (the other parts I've found on back of seat tube and non-driveside seatstay are smaller and I'll most likely remove).

I applied it as normal - spray with the soap solution, fit, squeegie and try and get all the water out. Once it was dry and I was happy with it, I took a heat gun and gently warmed it up - whilst using a plastic spludger (one of the tools for repairing phones / tablets etc) to push the overlapping excess bit back against the frame / protection so that there was no gap.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
For 300 or 600 USD, you might as well buy some nice Lego for Christmas or Hope brakes :- ). 90perc. of crank strikes are about riding technique (timing, position,..).
Also the Praxis carbon cranks are legendary in the worst way possible.

I've run my KSL in Mullet (Neutral headset, 170mm ZEB, rear flip in High) for year almost now and I don't even remember any strike..or anything, at all. And my short legs (32" inseam) would totally love 160mm cranks, but still, so many better things to buy.

dirt-diggler

Oct 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Well Ive basically finished up my build today, waiting on abit to re bleed the rear brake. Weights in at 18.9kg as is with what I'd class as a not overly weight conscious build

Took it for a spin up the road, so far so good 😂 hopefully I'll get to hit the trails next weekend!

PXL_20231104_153919889.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles