Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

samwilk200

Oct 7, 2022
UK
Tempted to try mullet on KSL, but before I order new wheels etc, Ive got a hard tail with a shimano 11spd m7000 cassette is there any chance it would work with the GX stuff on the KSL currently?
No. The freehub is different between 11spd shimano and GX. You'll need a new XD freehub, depending on wheelset these can be picked up quite easily.

Endurafrika

Jul 7, 2022
Cape Town
isnt that crazy that S plonks the Mahle 1.2 on a kids bike but does not offer it to KenevoSl owners?

If I'd buy the kids bike I could theoretically move the entire unit (TCU,motor, battery) over to the Kenevo without any software blockage from the big S, correct? And the entire 1.1 unit from the KSL could be moved into the kids bike...correct? I bet some of us with kids will feel tempted...

alee56

Jun 14, 2023
Durham
No. The freehub is different between 11spd shimano and GX. You'll need a new XD freehub, depending on wheelset these can be picked up quite easily.
Sounds stupid but would it "work" if I just put the wheel on with the shimano cassette and the GX derailleur I guess I wouldn't be able to shift though?

samwilk200

Oct 7, 2022
UK
Sounds stupid but would it "work" if I just put the wheel on with the shimano cassette and the GX derailleur I guess I wouldn't be able to shift though?
It 'might' work if you keep it in 1 gear, but from memory the movement between 11 and 12 speed derailleurs is different as you shift so changing gear would be terrible. The 12 speed chain might not like the 11 speed cassette much either so you may slip under load, or break the chain.

Edit, you could get a cheap NX eagle cassette, that goes onto the shimano HG freehub.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia

You have 2 options for using a shimano hg hub if you want to retain 12 sp:

SRAM NX cassette - crazy heavy, but they last
Garbaruk 12 sp cassette for a HG spline - much lighter / sexier

Alternatively, keep the 11 sp cassette on the wheel, and swap the derailier / shifters from the other bike ?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
There is a new KSL coming ,, BUT it’s just colour way as I’ve been told now by 2 people who run turbo stores.. no change in motor , and why would they ? The next Bike to have the New 1.2 motor is the kids Levo Hard tail , and then new Creo in and around November/December. Then it will be KSL. Around July/August next year..

Reason for the half priced KSL is that the frame colour ways and surplus stock and the colours are now exactly 2 years old as they were never changed.

Seagrave7

Mar 22, 2021
Los Angeles
There is a new KSL coming ,, BUT it’s just colour way as I’ve been told now by 2 people who run turbo stores.. no change in motor , and why would they ? The next Bike to have the New 1.2 motor is the kids Levo Hard tail , and then new Creo in and around November/December. Then it will be KSL. Around July/August next year..

Reason for the half priced KSL is that the frame colour ways and surplus stock and the colours are now exactly 2 years old as they were never changed.
What are the new colour ways?

nicknameless

Aug 14, 2020
Birmingham
All this talk about the new motor as if it is a revolutionary upgrade. I've ridden it on weekend test ride and it is meh IMO. Quieter yes. Substantial and very noticeable improvement in torque / power - no. Marketing hype on marginally different motor.

Bought half price kenevo SL as don't mind the sound of the motor and really wasn't seeing any substantial benefit from the 1.2. YOMV.

Apr 11, 2023
US
My two cents, I found a brand new 27.5 roval traverse for $125. I have NOT mounted yet but if I do NOT like mullet, I will only be out $125 plus tire....

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
All this talk about the new motor as if it is a revolutionary upgrade. I've ridden it on weekend test ride and it is meh IMO. Quieter yes. Substantial and very noticeable improvement in torque / power - no. Marketing hype on marginally different motor.

Bought half price kenevo SL as don't mind the sound of the motor and really wasn't seeing any substantial benefit from the 1.2. YOMV.
Me too .. got hold of a S-Works… would never pay that kind of money (£13500) for any bike.. but half price was hard to pass up considering it’s actually less than the comp RRP. I hate Green but the Green S-Works is really nice.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No bushing in the lower mount, I reused the stock bushes in the top mount.

Jul 1, 2022
Finland

There is a 1.2 motor and Sram cranks in KSL, you can find a 2023 S-Works framekit already public from BikeInn at least and it states that there is stock already now.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
There is a 1.2 motor and Sram cranks in KSL, you can find a 2023 S-Works framekit already public from BikeInn at least and it states that there is stock already now.
Just found that online and this is the link: Specialized S-Works Turbo Kenevo SL 2023 MTB Frame, Black | Bikeinn

Main Specs
Frame:
Fact 11M Full Carbon, 29, Full Internal Cable Routing, 148Mm Spacing, Fully Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 170Mm Rear Travel, Geo Adjust Head Tube, Geo Adjust Horst Pivot
Rear Shock: Fox Float X2 Factory, Kashima, 230X62.5Mm
Engine: New Specialized 1.2 SL Custom Rx Trail Tuned Motor
Battery Specialized SL1-320, fully integrated, 320Wh

Groupset
Cranks:
Sl 1.2 Spider, 104Bcd, W/Sram 32T X-Sync 2 Alloy Ring
Bottom Bracket: Sram Dub Carbon Crank, S2/S3: 165Mm, S4/S5: 170Mm

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023
US
I beleive this is KSL picture...

specialized-s-works-turbo-kenevo-sl-2023-mtb-frame.jpg

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
There praxis cranks, i doubt spesh will bring a new KSL out with the new motor because all of us on the old motor will moan get the new one and that's not financially sane 😂

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm due a warranty motor and as it's still working I'm holding off for a bit, just in case...

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Just found that online and this is the link: Specialized S-Works Turbo Kenevo SL 2023 MTB Frame, Black | Bikeinn

Main Specs
Frame:
Fact 11M Full Carbon, 29, Full Internal Cable Routing, 148Mm Spacing, Fully Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 170Mm Rear Travel, Geo Adjust Head Tube, Geo Adjust Horst Pivot
Rear Shock: Fox Float X2 Factory, Kashima, 230X62.5Mm
Engine: New Specialized 1.2 SL Custom Rx Trail Tuned Motor
Battery Specialized SL1-320, fully integrated, 320Wh

Groupset
Cranks:
Sl 1.2 Spider, 104Bcd, W/Sram 32T X-Sync 2 Alloy Ring
Bottom Bracket: Sram Dub Carbon Crank, S2/S3: 165Mm, S4/S5: 170Mm
I’ve spoken to someone and unless they are telling me porkies this KSL is not released and won’t be. Unless something changed
At the top. This is from a very reputable source as he runs one of the biggest shops in the uk. I would be surprised if this is real as why would spesh release just a frame ? Or frame only first without an embargo in place.. spesh have no reason to release a new KSL just after 2 year run when Levo SL had near a 3 and half year run.

Jul 1, 2022
Finland
I’ve spoken to someone and unless they are telling me porkies this KSL is not released and won’t be. Unless something changed
At the top. This is from a very reputable source as he runs one of the biggest shops in the uk. I would be surprised if this is real as why would spesh release just a frame ? Or frame only first without an embargo in place.. spesh have no reason to release a new KSL just after 2 year run when Levo SL had near a 3 and half year run.
It would seem like a strange move just to release a color revamp and not to bolt-on-update the KSL to new motor ASAP as it is already there on the new Levo SL. Spesh needs to keep up with the current crop of 50-60 nm competitors in this segment also.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
It would seem like a strange move just to release a color revamp and not to bolt-on-update the KSL to new motor ASAP as it is already there on the new Levo SL. Spesh needs to keep up with the current crop of 50-60 nm competitors in this segment also.
The person who I spoke to was testing it in a ksl and there was issues with the chain line and cranks arms and current bash guard wouldn’t fit. So there would need to be changes to be made, maybe they changed the rear of the bike.. it’s not cost effective for new front triangle.

I’m just going on what I’ve been told as again he’s not aware of any new ksl with the new motor. A few people would know him as he’s already been bombarded with that frame.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The person who I spoke to was testing it in a ksl and there was issues with the chain line and cranks arms and current bash guard wouldn’t fit. So there would need to be changes to be made, maybe they changed the rear of the bike.. it’s not cost effective for new front triangle.

I’m just going on what I’ve been told as again he’s not aware of any new ksl with the new motor. A few people would know him as he’s already been bombarded with that frame.
You know we did this like 7 weeks ago ?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
You know we did this like 7 weeks ago ?

Im also repeating what I stated weeks ago. I’ve also not seen that thread. But I have now thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles