Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

h3ld

Aug 30, 2020
Heidelberg
To all EXT (e)Storia riders out there: which spring do you use at which weight? I find it impossible to measure the SAG on this bike.

Michaelhe

Feb 12, 2020
To all EXT (e)Storia riders out there: which spring do you use at which weight? I find it impossible to measure the SAG on this bike.
I am 75kg, currently on 350ibs spring. It’s rather soft I’m on the hunt for 375ibs/400ibs spring. I had trouble bottoming out the Fox X2 factory shock at recommend settings.
i recommend using ShockWiz if on air shock.

Andres_Mora

Oct 28, 2021
US
I am 75kg, currently on 350ibs spring. It’s rather soft I’m on the hunt for 375ibs/400ibs spring. I had trouble bottoming out the Fox X2 factory shock at recommend settings.
i recommend using ShockWiz if on air shock.
I'm 74kg (162lb) and can echo this. Mine came with 325 and 350. 350 while usable and could see it working well for certain riders was too soft for me. I swapped them out for 375/400. Haven't had a chance to try it yet but neighborhood staircase test has me thinking it was the right move for me.

I have a preference for heavily damped and on the firm side on spring (I run over recommend pressure for my weight on fork for example) and am a fairly aggressive rider. So I do think I have a firmer than normal preference and what suspension syndicate recommend should be spot on for most people.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I just sent a Float X2 Factory to Fluid Focus to be tuned for this bike and my weight and riding style. Hopefully it will be a significant improvement over the X2 Performance with its limited tune ability. The stock Performance level X2 is ok but limited in how good you can make it work.
Curious to see how you get along with the Factory and what Ryan does to tune it for you. I have been testing some stuff from him lately and been in there a lot. He got my Performance working as it should , but no tuning or changes

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Curious to see how you get along with the Factory and what Ryan does to tune it for you. I have been testing some stuff from him lately and been in there a lot. He got my Performance working as it should , but no tuning or changes
What did he do to the X2? Just a proper bleed? How does it feel different on the trail now?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
What did he do to the X2? Just a proper bleed? How does it feel different on the trail now?
It was leaking air (220psi would become ~ 160psi ish over a few rides). Apparently the quad seal was shot, plus the compression wasn't doing anything. He brought it back to stock, fixing those issues.

I have it at 200psi, and it felt great the few rides I was able to get on it before the seemingly endless rains we have been having. My fork is now back to stock too; so it will be interesting to get some time on it again.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It was a tad damp out today...

1640895665549.png

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
I have 3 rides on the tuned shock. A significant improvement. I am running the settings Ryan recommended and they are really good. All of the harshness and tendency for the stock shock to kick and swap side to side is gone. The new shock tracks so straight and is plush without wallowing or feeling dead. I highly recommend Fluid Focus.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I have 3 rides on the tuned shock. A significant improvement. I am running the settings Ryan recommended and they are really good. All of the harshness and tendency for the stock shock to kick and swap side to side is gone. The new shock tracks so straight and is plush without wallowing or feeling dead. I highly recommend Fluid Focus.
Do you happen to know what he did?

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
Do you happen to know what he did?
He revalved the compression circuit for my weight, ability and bike. The stock rebound was good so he didn’t do anything there. I’m assuming the new valving has more support than stock because I had to lower the air pressure 15 lbs to get 30% sag. I went from 235psi to 220psi. The lower air pressure leads to better small bump absorption but the new valving keeps the shock up in the mid stroke for better support without any feeling of blowing through the travel like before.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Finally hit some decent size jumps and the cranks immediately bent (jump #3). Glad I swapped out the carbon for alum but still, WTF. Does anyone make better cranks for this bike than Praxis?

Between the cracked carbon version on PB and my 3-jump alum specials I’m going out on a limb and saying praxis is BS.

CD162CBB-61B5-462C-9603-60E4ED1229C7.jpeg

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
Finally hit some decent size jumps and the cranks immediately bent (jump #3). Glad I swapped out the carbon for alum but still, WTF. Does anyone make better cranks for this bike than Praxis?

Between the cracked carbon version on PB and my 3-jump alum specials I’m going out on a limb and saying praxis is BS.

View attachment 79254
I’m wondering the same thing. There is enough bad press on Praxis cranks that I don’t really trust them. I would like to try some 155mm cranks as well if anyone knows if you they are available to fit the Brose motor.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
I’m wondering the same thing. There is enough bad press on Praxis cranks that I don’t really trust them. I would like to try some 155mm cranks as well if anyone knows if you they are available to fit the Brose motor.
Can the Praxis M30 spindle be swapped out for another brand's 30mm spindle?

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA

Hope makes e-cranks to fit the Levo’s Brose but I haven’t found any leads yet to aftermarket options for the SL 1.1 (Mahle).

Hatching a plan to have a buddy weld a plate inside the concave bit on the backside. At only $70 a pair it might be worth a shot.

What a random Achilles heal for the SL 1.1 platform. Why they didn’t adopt the same attachment standard as the majority of ebike motors I have zero idea. Now Spesh is stuck with Praxis and the bad press / bad quality - they are as screwed as we are.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
Hope makes e-cranks to fit the Levo’s Brose but I haven’t found any leads yet to aftermarket options for the SL 1.1 (Mahle).

Hatching a plan to have a buddy weld a plate inside the concave bit on the backside. At only $70 a pair it might be worth a shot.

What a random Achilles heal for the SL 1.1 platform. Why they didn’t adopt the same attachment standard as the majority of ebike motors I have zero idea. Now Spesh is stuck with Praxis and the bad press / bad quality - they are as screwed as we are.
...minimum invest, max profit. thats life today.
if something has to be replaced under warranty, it is still a minor matter.

whats up with miranda crank, no mahle options?

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA

looks like Miranda is just ISIS, JIS, BNI interface (unless one of those is the SL?).

Ride5dev has SL cranks in the works. Guess I’ll just cycle through $70 Praxis expendables every month or two until something reliable hits the market.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
These guys are local to me and are making a splash with their crank offerings. They don't have a SL variant, but if enough folks wanted them, I bet we could get them to manufacturer some. It's all CNC.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
looks like Miranda is just ISIS, JIS, BNI interface (unless one of those is the SL?).

Ride5dev has SL cranks in the works. Guess I’ll just cycle through $70 Praxis expendables every month or two until something reliable hits the market.
Haha should have read your message right before. That's good to hear they are looking at the SL. Their stuff is pretty dialed looking

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
I've been using the carbon Praxis cranks for a while now and they haven't exploded yet. Maybe the shorter 160 length is their saviour :D

I did just email Ride5Dev to register my interest in their cranks though...

Nice! I did the same - they wrote back saying they should have something in the next 6 months(y)

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
These guys are local to me and are making a splash with their crank offerings. They don't have a SL variant, but if enough folks wanted them, I bet we could get them to manufacturer some. It's all CNC.

Nice. San Diego here too. Looking for a carbon SL and had more than one deal fall thru so far. My latest looks like it might be a bust too…up in SF area and we thought we had an easy way to get it down as far as Anaheim but that failed. It was a 2021 expert carbon like new. i really want to put together an ultra light sl. My Focus is 45 lbs and looking to hit 36-37 lbs with an SL.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA

Praxis responded to my warranty claim filed online in less than 24 hours. New cranks should be here tomorrow. Their SL cranks aren’t lighting the world on fire now that Spesh is bolting them on sendy rigs but the customer service is spot on.

Reminds me of Fox.

SwissBiker

Jan 10, 2022
Switzerland
I have noticed that the power measurement is not correct. I have a Quarq power meter on the Push-Bike and in comparison, I have 30-40% higher values on the Kenevo. I have already researched whether the built-in power meter can be calibrated - but no luck. Does anyone have similar experience and possibly a solution?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles