Newbie from Bristol

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
Hi to everyone,
Currently riding Cube Reaction Hybrid 500 had it from new in 2017 exactly 2 years ago. I purchased the bike after having a stroke which affected my eyesight to the extent that I had to give up driving and motorcycling after 50 years. I was as green as grass not having ridden a leg powered bike since getting a motorcycle licence. It has been a steep learning curve and I was lucky that I choose a brilliant bike to start Ebiking. I have enjoyed it so much I will be buying a new cube full sus probably the stereo 160sl. Putting a deposit down hopefully tomorrow (Sat 09/02/19)
If anybody in the Bristol area would like a travelling companion and has room for an oldie and his Ebike I would be glad to accept a lift to any where new as not being able to drive means I am limited to the local area, of course I will contribute to costs, perhaps the upcoming group ride at the FOD would be ideal start.
I am 68 years old with dodgy knees from a previous motorcycle accident otherwise ok apart from a lack of off road experience. Luckily the eyesight problem has little impact at the lower speeds of the trails.
Cheers for now.

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Hi to everyone,
Currently riding Cube Reaction Hybrid 500 had it from new in 2017 exactly 2 years ago. I purchased the bike after having a stroke which affected my eyesight to the extent that I had to give up driving and motorcycling after 50 years. I was as green as grass not having ridden a leg powered bike since getting a motorcycle licence. It has been a steep learning curve and I was lucky that I choose a brilliant bike to start Ebiking. I have enjoyed it so much I will be buying a new cube full sus probably the stereo 160sl. Putting a deposit down hopefully tomorrow (Sat 09/02/19)
If anybody in the Bristol area would like a travelling companion and has room for an oldie and his Ebike I would be glad to accept a lift to any where new as not being able to drive means I am limited to the local area, of course I will contribute to costs, perhaps the upcoming group ride at the FOD would be ideal start.
I am 68 years old with dodgy knees from a previous motorcycle accident otherwise ok apart from a lack of off road experience. Luckily the eyesight problem has little impact at the lower speeds of the trails.
Cheers for now.
Welcome to the forum . Good to have you on board.
I lived in Bristol for 20+ yrs . Done a few laps of Ashton court and Leigh woods.
Generally a friendly bunch on here .
Great to see your not letting health and age stop you getting involved

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
Thanks StuR., Will be at Ashton Court on the 17th all being well. This is with Meetup group Bristol outdoor adventurers. Been once before with them very friendly and easy going and all standards are welcome why not join up for a ride. I have been lucky healthwise having had Bowel cancer in 2014 again as with the stroke I was very very lucky Only down side I had to right off a motorcycle for the hospital to find it. Age should not stop you doing anything as long as you are fit enough to do it.

BJep

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
Hi Oldcreaky- can anyone come along to that meetup on 17th? I'll be in the area- it would be good to tag along?

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
Hi BJep Should be no problem always best to join Meetup and chose your group or groups and then you can choose your runs. If you are local Ashton Court is a regular run on the third Sunday of the month sometimes there are other runs in the weeks in between. I am registered with Bristol Mountain Biking and Bristol outdoor adventurers who also do hikes and other activities apart from mountain biking. Start time is 10.30 meeting at the golf course cafe best to arrive a little before hand and meet the rest of the riders, check the site for more info.

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Thanks StuR., Will be at Ashton Court on the 17th all being well. This is with Meetup group Bristol outdoor adventurers. Been once before with them very friendly and easy going and all standards are welcome why not join up for a ride. I have been lucky healthwise having had Bowel cancer in 2014 again as with the stroke I was very very lucky Only down side I had to right off a motorcycle for the hospital to find it. Age should not stop you doing anything as long as you are fit enough to do it.
Thanks I'll bear that date in mind

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles