Droppin' in from Bristol

Smiffy

Jun 9, 2020
Bristol
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well in this strange time.

Noob to the forum, and a soon to be noob to EMTBs having just ordered a Whyte E 150 S. Very excited. The long thread on here was one of the reasons I decided on the Whyte.

I'm currently riding a self built hard tail based on a Pipedream Scion. Lovely bike, but I've been envious of ebikes for too long.. :)

Cheers,
Andy

MadsB

May 15, 2020
London
Thanks dude. You must be buzzing. Mine has been dispatched to my local shop, so it won't be long... :)

I am buzzing and have been for weeks. Mine is at the bike shop, and has been for two weeks. Just waiting for my cycle to work certificate to come through. Should be tomorrow fingers crossed.

Enjoy yours when it arrives, if everything I have read on here and elsewhere, it should put a smile on our faces ?

MadsB

May 15, 2020
London
Nice. Have you got your first ride planned? I'm hoping mine will arrive this week as well, but I think it'll be next week.

Yeah will be going to Epping Forest and maybe Surrey Hills after that. Not so many trails in London, but quite a few big parks and woods near by.

MadsB

May 15, 2020
London
Finally picked it up today! It is everything I expected and so much more! You won’t be disappointed mate! Just got it on its first charge and then another ride this evening. I am grinning like a fat loss in a cake shop! ????

F39C594A-7A60-4D92-928D-84D9FC5B6EFB.jpeg

48E6ACD0-0672-4EC5-87A9-A536EA5B82A3.jpeg

BCDBA030-4C4B-41EF-BDB0-E968DEEA49DC.jpeg

7746E22E-7512-414E-B949-F273D75ACB22.jpeg

Smiffy

Jun 9, 2020
Bristol
I picked mine up today as well. Already been around the local trails for a couple of laps. Sooo goooood!!! Loving the uphill bits now, rather than cursing them.

Are those DMR V12 pedals? If so we have identical bikes. Although my V12s are a bit more worn than yours. I need to buy some new pedals as I've borrowed mine from my hard tail for now.

MadsB

May 15, 2020
London
Uphill is no longer in my vocabulary! Yes really love the bike, solid as a rock. Tried the big hill in Greenwich Park and it was a joy, just as much fun as going downhill. When I read others say that I just didn’t think that was going to be possible! But it is!

My LBS gave me the Shimano GR500 flat mtb pedals, they are good from what I can tell so far, and match the bike colour well.

Think I will probably be out of the flat before 7am tomorrow ?

Enjoy the bike mate!

Deaks

Jun 15, 2020
Bristol UK
I picked mine up today as well. Already been around the local trails for a couple of laps. Sooo goooood!!! Loving the uphill bits now, rather than cursing them.

Are those DMR V12 pedals? If so we have identical bikes. Although my V12s are a bit more worn than yours. I need to buy some new pedals as I've borrowed mine from my hard tail for now.
Hi Smiffy

I'm in Bristol too, and currently looking at what bike to buy. Can you tell me what shop you got yours from?
I sold my much under used road bike this week and cant wait to get my first e-mtb, but really confused with all the choice.

that bike of yours is a fine looking thing for sure :cool:

Deaks

Smiffy

Jun 9, 2020
Bristol
Hi Smiffy

I'm in Bristol too, and currently looking at what bike to buy. Can you tell me what shop you got yours from?
I sold my much under used road bike this week and cant wait to get my first e-mtb, but really confused with all the choice.

that bike of yours is a fine looking thing for sure :cool:

Deaks

Hi Deaks,

I went through a bit of painful process. I decided on a Radon Render 8.0 because they look really cool, and have loads of good parts. Then I realised I was a bit late to the game as they are all sold out world wide. I then decided on a Cube Stereo 160, but when they inspected it pre delivery they found some damage. It was the last one left so I had to go back to my searches. I then decided on a Focus Jam2, but after some further reading, changed my mind. At this point I had to increase my budget, and I also wanted to see what British bikes there may be. That's when I found the Whyte, and with all the good info about them on here and some reviews, it was an obvious choice.

Sorry, bit long winded. Long story short - I ordered from Whyte and then you select the store you want it delivered to. I chose BW Cycles. They seem to be really good although I'd never used them previously. They setup the bike for me including tubeless tyres. The setup was OK, but as with any full suss bike, I spent a bit of time setting up the shocks for my personal preference. They will service the bike for free after 12 weeks.

You're welcome to have a go on mine if you like. I'm in Southville.

Deaks

Jun 15, 2020
Bristol UK
Hi Deaks,

I went through a bit of painful process. I decided on a Radon Render 8.0 because they look really cool, and have loads of good parts. Then I realised I was a bit late to the game as they are all sold out world wide. I then decided on a Cube Stereo 160, but when they inspected it pre delivery they found some damage. It was the last one left so I had to go back to my searches. I then decided on a Focus Jam2, but after some further reading, changed my mind. At this point I had to increase my budget, and I also wanted to see what British bikes there may be. That's when I found the Whyte, and with all the good info about them on here and some reviews, it was an obvious choice.

Sorry, bit long winded. Long story short - I ordered from Whyte and then you select the store you want it delivered to. I chose BW Cycles. They seem to be really good although I'd never used them previously. They setup the bike for me including tubeless tyres. The setup was OK, but as with any full suss bike, I spent a bit of time setting up the shocks for my personal preference. They will service the bike for free after 12 weeks.

You're welcome to have a go on mine if you like. I'm in Southville.
Hi Smiffy

Thanks for the offer, I may well take you up on that.
The more bikes I look at, the more I keep coming back to the e-150.
Its so easy to push the budget, but then I'm looking at bikes over 6k and there is no way i can justify (or afford) to spend that sort of money.
I'm waiting for my 2.5k cyclescheme voucher to come through from my employer, then I will be close to being able to 'pull the trigger'.

I'm in Hanham, so not so far from you.
I'll give you a shout when I'm a bit closer in the buying process.

Seems like there is a mod for the underhanging cables below the motor, have you had that done on yours yet?

Deaks :)

Smiffy

Jun 9, 2020
Bristol
Hi Smiffy

Thanks for the offer, I may well take you up on that.
The more bikes I look at, the more I keep coming back to the e-150.
Its so easy to push the budget, but then I'm looking at bikes over 6k and there is no way i can justify (or afford) to spend that sort of money.
I'm waiting for my 2.5k cyclescheme voucher to come through from my employer, then I will be close to being able to 'pull the trigger'.

I'm in Hanham, so not so far from you.
I'll give you a shout when I'm a bit closer in the buying process.

Seems like there is a mod for the underhanging cables below the motor, have you had that done on yours yet?

Deaks :)

I've read about a few people modding their bottom cables, but I've not had anything done on mine. If I get an issue I might see if I can pass the gear cable through a different hole in the motor housing, but until then I'm just going to try and improve my riding to avoid hitting the bottom bracket :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles