Newbie from Bristol

Joerope

Patreon
Jan 21, 2018
Bristol
Hello all, I'm brand new to emtb. Got my first bike from Adrenalin ATV and went for a Moustache Samedi Race 9. Haven't been out on it yet but hope to have its maiden voyage at Cwmcarn this week. Normally ride Forest of Dean, Bike park Wales, CwmCarn, Mendips and Afan. I enjoy riding trails but prefer downhill. Hopefully this bike will give me the best of both worlds! Be good to meet up with like minded riders.

IMG_20180217_172442.jpg

Joerope

Patreon
Jan 21, 2018
Bristol
Hey Rob, just checked out your video reviewing the Race 9 - Im glad you liked it!. It gives me confidence that I have bought the right bike. With so many brands and models to choose from its hard to make an informed choice based on reviews alone. What might be right for one person is not for another. Fortunately I demoed this bike and loved it (particularly the emtb mode). I also demoed the Orange Alpine 6, Mondraker e-crusher carbon and last years Haibike NDURO but this one came out on top for me. I found the geometry and handling suited my style of riding. I would recommend that anybody in the market demos the bike first. Nathan from Adrenalin ATV took me out on two separate occasions and I tried out four different bikes. He was very patient and not pushy which was good. I also independently hired the Alpine for a day, but like I said it wasnt for me. This actually surprised me because my "normal" bike is an Orange 5. You are right about the two minor niggles though - the display is a bit large but believe it or not, way better than previous models (but not as nice or subtle as shimanos). Also, the manuals are particularly poor which is a bit disappointing but not a deal braker. Apparently they are changing that.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I totally agree there are many excellent bikes. In the end it comes down to what feel right to you, within budget and maybe support and warranty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles