New Spectral:ON 2022

TKB

Apr 28, 2022
Norway
Highway, sorry I haven't. Got my bike today though! Actually earlier than previously estimated :).

But I've got two mounting questions:
-These screws were lying loose at the bottom of the bike box, what are they for?! See pictures.
-The cable to the dropper post seems short, how hard can I pull on it to be able to attach the lever to the handlebar?
20220802_131907.jpg
20220802_131831.jpg

Edge

Jul 17, 2022
Slovakia
Highway, sorry I haven't. Got my bike today though! Actually earlier than previously estimated :).

But I've got two mounting questions:
-These screws were lying loose at the bottom of the bike box, what are they for?! See pictures.
-The cable to the dropper post seems short, how hard can I pull on it to be able to attach the lever to the handlebar?
View attachment 93837 View attachment 93838

Hi, I had just smallest one (2 of them) in the box, one felt from the box when I pulled the box through our door :). I did not find the place for them.

TKB

Apr 28, 2022
Norway
Thanks for the input guys! I'll have a look in the battery compartment, if anything is missing there.

Have to say that the whole thing with finding unattached screws is sloppy by Canyon and a bad experience. Hopefully, I'll get a smile back when riding the bike!

Did anyone experience a too short dropper post cable?

Edge

Jul 17, 2022
Slovakia
No, my dropper post cabel has still some reserve
Thanks for the input guys! I'll have a look in the battery compartment, if anything is missing there.

Have to say that the whole thing with finding unattached screws is sloppy by Canyon and a bad experience. Hopefully, I'll get a smile back when riding the bike!

Did anyone experience a too short dropper post cable?

0AF13294-960E-41EE-B130-229BFDCF5883.jpeg

Last edited:

TKB

Apr 28, 2022
Norway
Got in contact with Canyon customer service and they answered quickly. I should just disregard the extra screws and use as spare parts. Dropper post cable came out after some mild force.

My CF7 is put together now and I had a short ride. First impression: what a bike!! Plush ride but still playful. And a very quiet motor! Compared to my wife's Focus Aventura with Bosch gen 4 motor, the Canyon is shifting much more smooth and the motor is definitely more quiet.

20220804_165935.jpg

Last edited:

TKB

Apr 28, 2022
Norway
I just charged the battery for the first time and the 4A charger unit got extremely warm, so warm I couldn't hold on to it for long. Only charged for 3 hours. Doesn't seem right?

What temperatures do you get your chargers at, normal or toasty?

TKB

Apr 28, 2022
Norway
TKB / does it use a regular stem and handlebar? Cheers

Yes, CF7, CF8 and CF9 all use a regular stem and handlebar (y)

Regarding a previous doubt I had, rubbing of the chain on the chainstay, I can report that there is no rubbing whatsoever after 100km of trail riding.

barney96

Sep 27, 2021
England
Cheers TKB / on another note / does the right hand shifter use the regular clamp or the I spec integrated as I’m changing brakes to sram. Thanks in advance

TKB

Apr 28, 2022
Norway
Cheers TKB / on another note / does the right hand shifter use the regular clamp or the I spec integrated as I’m changing brakes to sram. Thanks in advance

There is only one clamp for the whole shifter/brake package. But why change to SRAM, the Deore 4-piston brake is plenty enough! And I ride 800m downhills here in Norway.

20220820_175159.jpg

Last edited:

barney96

Sep 27, 2021
England
Cheers for the pic TKB / looks like a new shifter is needed. I’m not a fan of Shimano brakes tbh and I’ve a nice new set of Code RSC to go on.
In respect to the brake choice - I suppose it’s a case of what you like to use isn’t it ? Personal preference and all. I’d love to ride in Norway one day.

TKB

Apr 28, 2022
Norway
Yeah, personal preference is important, you must be comfortable with and trust your ride. I kinda like the shimanos better :).

Welcome to Norway sometime in the future!

eMullet

Mar 28, 2021
Planet Earth
Cheers for the pic TKB / looks like a new shifter is needed. I’m not a fan of Shimano brakes tbh and I’ve a nice new set of Code RSC to go on.
In respect to the brake choice - I suppose it’s a case of what you like to use isn’t it ? Personal preference and all. I’d love to ride in Norway one day.

You can buy adapters to mount the I-SPEC EV shifter to SRAM brake clamps

One example: WOLFTOOTH ShiftMount Shimano I-SPEC EV - SRAM MatchMaker, 37,50 €

barney96

Sep 27, 2021
England
Yeah - thanks - looked into the adapters / but sadly it won’t work for the shifter that comes with the CF8 which is Shimano slx 7000. :mad:

Cyn1Xx

Jan 31, 2021
UK
My CF8 turned up the other day and it seems both brake hoses wheres twisted and kink during packing. Customer services have said my local bike shop can replace. Does anyone know how the rear hose is routed around the motor?

barney96

Sep 27, 2021
England
The hose is routed above the rotor. Mine is in my LBS having the rear brake changed. Seems it may even have to have the motor dropped down. I’ll confirm when I collect it.

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
Last edited:

onosendai

Jun 30, 2020
Italy
Hi everyone from Italy, my old and worn SpectralOn 2018 asks to retire, I've seen the new CF7 with 900w battery as a possible alternative, I would like to know from you if you like the mullet assembly of the wheels, really I don't I have never loved a lot, I also have another 29-29 mtb and I feel better. As an alternative to the Canyon I had identified a Cube 140 TM but it seems that in size M they are nowhere to be found and then I don't know the quality of these emtb.

TKB

Apr 28, 2022
Norway
I came from an analog Spectral with 2 x 27.5 and have the SpectralON CF7 now. Having the 29 up front is an improvement, tackles rough terrain better. Having 27.5 in the back makes it still quite playful, which I like.

However, if you're after stability go for 2 x 29.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles