New Shimano FW update E8000 - 4.9.0, E7000/E6100 - 4.6.0, E5000 - 4.4.2

alekseypav

Feb 22, 2021
Москва РФ.
Is there a way to install previous iOS eTube app on a new iPhone?
I understand one cannot install old ver over the new one, but what if it’s ‘virgin’ / untouched phone?
FIRMWARE UPDATES | E-TUBE PROJECT | E-TUBE
Instructions for android phones.
1) Set airplane mode on your android device. This step is necessary in order to the application was not updated during the process, and also to prevent calls during firmware update time.
2) Connect your Android device to your computer and put it into file transfer mode.
3) Uninstall E-tube app if you have installed, download E-tube app 4.0.2 from this link, send to your device and install. Open the E-tube app and make sure it is connected to the bike.
4) Using a computer, enter the following folder on your Android device and delete all files in this directory. android/data/com.shimano.etubeprojectmobile.droid.phone/files/FW
5) Download the appropriate firmware for your engine from the links above and copy the unpacked files to the directory specified in the previous section. Disconnect your Android from your computer.
6) The Bluetooth receiver is on the screen of your bike. Keep your phone as close to the screen as possible during the update. Don't move your mobile device, don't close the app while it's updating, and don't do anything else with your Android device.
7) Open the E-tube application. Connect to the bike with an e-tube. He will ask you update the firmware, update it. This will mean that you are upgrading to more high version, but you are updating the firmware file that you uploaded.
8) After the process is completed, delete the files copied to the mobile device (optional), and turn off Airplane mode. Now you can use the eTuning app to parameter settings. Disclaimer: If the purpose of the downgrade is to be able to walk more than 25 km/h, Please check the laws of your country first. You can only ride a bike in private places.

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
If it's too tricky on iOS I'd purchase a cheap 2nd hand Android phone just for this purpose.

BTW, the firmware files are also within the Android "APK" files, i.e. the app install files. There are lots of APK mirror sites that store old versions of the etube app.

If you go here for instance, you can download all the older versions of the e-tube app:

To get to a firmware file, download an older APK and drop it into

Browse to resources\assets\Firmware

Now you can see and download each individual firmware file.

Then follow this guide to install old firmware... https://etuning-app.com/downgrade.pdf

1656062146050.png

alekseypav

Feb 22, 2021
Москва РФ.
Alternatively, if it is possible to install Windows 11 apk on a PC (tablet), then in theory you can also do it according to the instructions for android. But I didn't check that. I hope google translated correctly :)

Biscuits

Jun 24, 2022
UK
Stupidly I upgraded the firmware and can't get the LIGHT function to activate from the App or Display :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cole_inman

Dec 11, 2019
Blue Ridge Mountains
Looks like a new firmware update for many of the motors.

It just says “General bug fixes”.
Anybody taken the plunge yet? I’m on 4.9.2 and don’t plan on downgrading or using STUnlocker. I’d do it, but I’m nervous to touch anything since I just got my Sight VLT back from warranty for a bad wire harness that caused the bike to turn off with no error code very intermittently (like once a year). I think I posted in this thread about it being related to STUnlocker so I want to clear the air. It was NOT.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Do you have a need to update? Like ms, google, apple etc etc; all of their updates serve their own purposes. Sometimes they may be needed, not often. Then it's like taking western medicine to fix something - there's also a cost to your health.

cole_inman

Dec 11, 2019
Blue Ridge Mountains
Do you have a need to update? Like ms, google, apple etc etc; all of their updates serve their own purposes. Sometimes they may be needed, not often. Then it's like taking western medicine to fix something - there's also a cost to your health.
It's a minor version number, so it shouldn't fix something major. Being a software developer myself though, I understand these things come out for a reason and I like to stay up to date, especially if I'm forgoing the use of STUnlocker. That being said, I trust Shimano's software engineering and QA about as much as you should trust a bike drivetrain and fishing reel company writing firmware.

Strindberg

Sep 24, 2021
Strasbourg, France

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
planning to update to 4.1.10

any issue with Stunlocker derestricted ? ( actually in 4.0.2 , morning Stunlocker license )
I just upgraded this afternoon, then fired up STUnlocker, which gave me a message showing incompatibility. The data shown by STUnlocker still appeared accurate, however.

Strindberg

Sep 24, 2021
Strasbourg, France
A lot of updates today

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
so what new with 4.1.11 ? which bugs ?
Old ETube App versions no longer work with latest firmware. So, it means that downgrade from these new firmware will not work anymore, and it's not possible to derestrict motors with these firmware via Bluetooth anymore

Bobf

Oct 24, 2023
NL
I connected the windows stunlocker with the Shimano PCE02 interface to a Shimano Steps e6100, but without a License. The e6100 is in a regular e-bike with nexus 7 hub.
I wasn’t able to do anything.
I am checking if it will be possible to change the current 50nm because it is limited since the nexus 7 has a 50nm limit.
The e6100 should be able to deliver 60nm though.

Or set that is starts offering a bit more support in eco setting.

Is this because I don’t have a license or should I have set anything else?

E6100 is updated to 4.7.7 by etube project app.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I connected the windows stunlocker with the Shimano PCE02 interface to a Shimano Steps e6100, but without a License. The e6100 is in a regular e-bike with nexus 7 hub.
I wasn’t able to do anything.
I am checking if it will be possible to change the current 50nm because it is limited since the nexus 7 has a 50nm limit.
The e6100 should be able to deliver 60nm though.

Or set that is starts offering a bit more support in eco setting.

Is this because I don’t have a license or should I have set anything else?

E6100 is updated to 4.7.7 by etube project app.
You can't derestrict E6100 without the license. It's not possible to change max torque for E6100. Also it's not possible to change assist settings on E6100, because they will be reset on the next power cycle (thanks to shimano).

Bobf

Oct 24, 2023
NL
You can't derestrict E6100 without the license. It's not possible to change max torque for E6100. Also it's not possible to change assist settings on E6100, because they will be reset on the next power cycle (thanks to shimano).
Thanks. I wasn’t looking for a higher top speed so that wasn’t an issue.
So the 50nm is hard programmed in the unit although it will deliver 60nm when attached to an Enviolo c5 hub f.e. With the same mode number “E6100”.
I switched comfort mode to sportive which already made the engine become a bit more responsive.

Or would the angle setting of the engine help a bit. Should this be adjustable?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles