New owner of a Giant Explore E+1

MisterNeil

Jun 4, 2022
Darwin, Australia
6 months in and still loving it.

Auto power mode is great. Smooth responsive assistance, and over a complete charge cycle seems more efficient than manually setting the assist level.

Had a front wheel wobble that the LBS couldn't diagnose. Switching the stock tyres for Schwalbe Marathon E Plus ones fixed. I think the heavier back end needs the stiffer rubber and higher running pressures.

Motor whine is noticeable but you get used to it. I do get a slight grinding noise occasionally. LBS say normal. I'll continue to monitor. My daily commute is 7km each way, I've run up approx 1700km in 6 months, so another 6 months should be enough to see if the grinding develops into anything serious.

The MIK rack is of limited use. Need MIK HD for kid seats. I ended up buying an Urban Iki seat that has a universal clamp fitting.

I have a a FollowMeTandem for the older kids bike. Safety split pins on the axle were impeded by the rack mounting. So just duct taped / cable tied them to the frame.

All in all though I'm really happy with the bike. I only need to charge once a week, and have hardly used the car since getting it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles