New E-bike owner soon to be.

razersharma

May 3, 2018
Norway
Hi guys.

The " fight " is about getting Specialized Turbo levo comp or The new BH bikes Atom X lynx 5 pro (wont be getting it before 1.july)
Will Mostly use it for job-home whole year also on snow ,( some trips on mountains)

Great to hear your point of views on these bikes.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Welcome :)

Levo is the ‘safe’ choice!

This Atom looks NICE! But it’s 120mm travel so wouldn’t be my choice. But the battery is big at 720wh so range will be likely be good.

5967BB9B-729D-405C-8A5D-AB49D9015643.jpeg

Biscuit

Mar 24, 2018
Surrey
I have the Levo turbo and absolutely love it, I use it solely for trail centre riding and withstands everything I throw at it, feels so natural to ride, the power is seamless and you can Tune how much assist you want in trail,eco and turbo. I would also consider aftersales service, you can’t beat suppporting your local bike shop, for both advice and servicing.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
I haven't used either bike. Both of these bikes seem to take 3" tyres, which is good for riding in snow. Depending on where you live in Norway, it may or may not be important.

Will the bike be kept indoors during the winter? The battery needs to be stored at 10*C, preferably 20*C before riding. If you keep the bike indoors it's not a problem. But if you leave the bike somwhere like in a cold garage, then you need to bring the battery indoors. The battery on the Lynx might not be easy to remove, judging by the pictures I find. This could be important, depending on how you store the bike. Also it seems the battery on the Lynx sits very high in the frame, which isn't ideal for handling. I may be wrong, but I would have this in mind when visiting the store to look at the bikes.

The display on the Lynx seems quite exposed. But at least it has got a display, the Specialized does not come with one. I think monitoring the battery status is important when riding in cold conditions, the battery charge may drop fast when riding on high assistance and the battery gets cold. The Specialized does have a battery indicator, but it's a bit hidden away so you're not looking at it all the time.

May 4, 2018
Canberra
Hi guys.

The " fight " is about getting Specialized Turbo levo comp or The new BH bikes Atom X lynx 5 pro (wont be getting it before 1.july)
Will Mostly use it for job-home whole year also on snow ,( some trips on mountains)

Great to hear your point of views on these bikes.
Lots of sites give a big thumbs up to the Rocky Mountain alitutude. Thought of that ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If you are primarily using the bike for commuting, and when going out in the mountains not doing anything too technical, could be worth looking at a hardtail? Would give you far more luggage options if required for the commute, and be more efficient too? The bh has a whopping battery which is great, but from reviews i have seen this means the weight is placed quite high. Also no bottle mounts, which if using the bike to commute i would find a pain, as aside from useful for a water bottle, its also useful for using to store tools in a tool canister

razersharma

May 3, 2018
Norway
I have the Levo turbo and absolutely love it, I use it solely for trail centre riding and withstands everything I throw at it, feels so natural to ride, the power is seamless and you can Tune how much assist you want in trail,eco and turbo. I would also consider aftersales service, you can’t beat suppporting your local bike shop, for both advice and servicing.

I totally agree. Thnx.

razersharma

May 3, 2018
Norway
I haven't used either bike. Both of these bikes seem to take 3" tyres, which is good for riding in snow. Depending on where you live in Norway, it may or may not be important.

Will the bike be kept indoors during the winter? The battery needs to be stored at 10*C, preferably 20*C before riding. If you keep the bike indoors it's not a problem. But if you leave the bike somwhere like in a cold garage, then you need to bring the battery indoors. The battery on the Lynx might not be easy to remove, judging by the pictures I find. This could be important, depending on how you store the bike. Also it seems the battery on the Lynx sits very high in the frame, which isn't ideal for handling. I may be wrong, but I would have this in mind when visiting the store to look at the bikes.

The display on the Lynx seems quite exposed. But at least it has got a display, the Specialized does not come with one. I think monitoring the battery status is important when riding in cold conditions, the battery charge may drop fast when riding on high assistance and the battery gets cold. The Specialized does have a battery indicator, but it's a bit hidden away so you're not looking at it all the time.
Hi Knut. Live in Drammen so we get some snow in the winter, so need 3" tires.
So have ditched the BH Atom .
Thnx for battery advice.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
I can't find any geometry for the Hercules NOS, but looking at the pictures, the chain stays are looking pretty long. Battery position and the tiny display looks good though.
d1485de9368fcf5eb46112db71028b601473e539.jpeg

It seems you are only considering bikes with the Brose motor, or is that a coincidence? Specialized has done some work on their Brose motor, so the motor on this bike will not behave the same way as the motor on a Specialized. Allegedly.

My previous ebike was bought in Drammen btw, a Merida eOne-Twenty 500 from Sykkehjørnet.

razersharma

May 3, 2018
Norway
I can't find any geometry for the Hercules NOS, but looking at the pictures, the chain stays are looking pretty long. Battery position and the tiny display looks good though.
d1485de9368fcf5eb46112db71028b601473e539.jpeg

It seems you are only considering bikes with the Brose motor, or is that a coincidence? Specialized has done some work on their Brose motor, so the motor on this bike will not behave the same way as the motor on a Specialized. Allegedly.

My previous ebike was bought in Drammen btw, a Merida eOne-Twenty 500 from Sykkehjørnet.

razersharma

May 3, 2018
Norway
You are right Knut. That's why I really like the Specialzed....and it looks like that I am towards that one. Drammen have good bike shops yes.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Yeah, if you like the Spesh-Brose then I think you'll find the motor behaves differently on other bikes... I've been told.

There's a small facebook group for emtb in Drammen, in case you didn't know, "eMTB Drammen og Omegn".

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles