Levo Gen 2 New Levo Firmware release in Mission Control

wilfan

Apr 20, 2022
Switzerland
Hello folks !

I've updated my Levo 2 (2020) with the last motor firmware 8.1.0 (I've a "new" motor 200 series).
First run with it tonight and ... I feel it kind of too "soft", not reactive, missing "punch" ... very linear (too linear ?)

Is it my feeling of the day or any of you with the same feedback ??

Sidenote: I used to have accel' set to 0 ....I tried to increase it 40-60% but I still feel it "linear"...

Sidenote 2: the release notes from Spe' is still not up to date follwing the link in Mission app' :-(

Thank you for your replies, and have good rides !!!

NZ_Levo

Aug 9, 2021
NZ
When in pairing mode, just tap the up or down paddle, not the button on the derailer..
thanks but doesn't get that far.

sits at "searching" for about 10 seconds then "pairing failed", as if it doesn't even find the AXS mech.

bugger :(

wilfan

Apr 20, 2022
Switzerland
Look back to post 29
I experience the same trait….
Thx Snrbrtsn, I'm not feeling alone anymore :)

...and do you like this "new" of delivering power ? .... for me : boofff --> not really :(, it's less dynamic, less punchy .....

Is anybody knowing if it's possible to revert to previous one ? (rev from March 2021) ...at the shop ?

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland

...and do you like this "new" of delivering power ? .... for me : boofff --> not really :(, it's less dynamic, less punchy .....

Is anybody knowing if it's possible to revert to previous one ? (rev from March 2021) ...at the shop ?
No, Not really
Motor seems to whine a bit more, though disappears once cadence is increased, guess it’s not working so hard
I played with the acceleration response, whilst it improved, it didn’t improve……
Totally different bike now!

I was on a Scott with Bosch motor, that had the punch my Levo once had, definitely notably lacking top end though low down power put the Levo to shame

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
I've been in contact with 'Rider Care' today and they are going to update the firmware update log for 8.1.0 (motor release notes) that the mission control app links to when you press 'Learn what's new here' which appears in red text after the update. This will confirm what the non-Mastermind related updates are doing to the motor etc. on the older bikes.

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK

If you want more punch, just turn up the acceleration response setting. If that doesn't give you what you want, then try increasing the shuttle setting as this setting gives more push regardless of the cadence levels, which will probably be more noticeable at lower cadence, that might give you back the punch that you're missing.

Last edited:

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
If you want more punch, just turn up the acceleration response setting. If that doesn't give you what you want, then try increasing the shuttle setting as this setting gives more push regardless of the cadence levels, which will probably be more noticeable at lower cadence, that might give you back the punch that you're missing.

Thanks
Yeah I tried playing with those settings,
I‘m sure it shall become the new normal in time, it’s not helped by a bigger chainring, I’ll switch to the gravel bike for a while and get the woo! factor back!
I did note, bike start up mode has been added to mission control, possibly always there but never noticed

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I did the update yesterday and did notice a difference in the punch so checked the settings and they were the same as before ! Got used to it so alls good imo !

mvdh

Jan 1, 2022
Belgium
Should this be the same for specialized 8.1 update?

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
I rode the bike today for the first time today post the latest TCU and motor updates. As usual, I ran the battery almost dead (2%, my battery is 500w)! The only noticeable difference is the power delivery in the last 10% of battery life and it’s a MASSIVE improvement over the previous version, discernably more power available, almost night and day difference! The bike is so much more usable in the final 10% of battery than before. My range did not suffer, being about the usual 25 miles and 4,000 feet from the 500w battery.

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Did my first ride with the new TCU and Motor firmware. I ride mainly cross-country (unsealed back roads and fire trails) so spend most of my time in ECO, sometimes TRAIL and almost never TURBO. My perception is slightly less punchy at standard 40% accel, but smoother (more linear) with less motor whine and slightly reduced overrun when I stop pedaling. I never run the battery much below 40% so can't comment about low battery performance.

All this is is subjective perception of course. If Specialized published a detailed and accurate changelog of the latest updates, perhaps we could see if our perceptions are justified.

The Mission Control app is still a bit flaky. Doing both TCU and motor firmware updates together resulted in the TCU update (communications and display modules) being updated first, then I had to manually back out to the DIAGNOSE screen and back into DEVICE UPDATES to initiate the motor firmware update. Like others here, I also had to set up my Garmin Edge1030 to find the new ANT+ sensor id's, but no big deal. I really like the new MC feature to be able to set the bike's startup assist mode. My default mode is ECO and up until now the bike would always start up in TRAIL. I still think the MC developers should take a look at BLEVo to see how the data screens are setup. MC is quite limited in this area.

HarleyMYK

Dec 11, 2021
SoCal
For anyone with the Specialized add on Turbo Connect TCD wireless display, you will need to reconnect the TCD to the bike after the update. Make sure the bike and the display are on and close to each other. Go into the TCD setup (press either button for over 5 seconds) and press both buttons quickly a few times to skip through the time and units settings. When you get to "Pair Bike" press either button so the "y" is flashing and wait for it to finish pairing. Press the two buttons twice more. I put the Update to y and let it search and complete, but I am not sure that is necessary.
TCD Manual PDF

Last edited:

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Apparently you can measure jumps & air time!

The new app front screen is funky

Last edited:

Tigerruss

May 26, 2020
Oxon
Updated my 2020 Levo (old TCU) today to the latest f/w without any issues.
Battery 2.4.4
Motor 8.1.5
Display 32.B.0

Release notes still old so dont know all the changes. Will ride and see if i notice any differances

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
Battery 2.4.4
Motor 8.1.5
Display 32.B.0

Release notes still old so dont know all the changes. Will ride and see if i notice any differances
Had the exact same experience, update on a 2020 kenevo was fast but the release notes where dated. Curious to know what the update did?

Tigerruss

May 26, 2020
Oxon
Battery 2.4.4
Motor 8.1.5
Display 32.B.0

ok just completed a 35k ride on local trails. found the new firmware to be very smooth and as others have reported slightly leas kick boost when starting (which i like). can only see this being worse when having to start on very steep climbs but could always increase ACC which normally sits on less than 30%. walk mode is also quite powerful now, not that i really ever use. i’m still on original motor so if this update helps protect my motor then is a great update.

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
I’d agree
Smoother linear delivery without the ride off punch!
Though it appears it’s at both ends where once at speed the bike doesn’t yo-yo off the restriction
I’m cutting in a new tyre which isn’t helping the feeling and likely wrongly thinking it’s the software update

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles