Kenevo Gen1 New Kenevo seatpost creaking like a mofo! Driving me crazy! Halp please!

Hightower

Sep 7, 2018
Mars
Hi All,

I have a 2020 Kenovo, size S3. The seat post has creaked from day 1.

Tried greasing it and, if anything, the grease made it worse.

I can get rid the creaking if I simply stop during a ride, loosen the seatpost clamp, raise the post and wipe the it with my glove. But the creaking comes back within a few minutes.

My guess is there is dirt getting in the seatpost tube and the grease exacerbated it.

What to do? The creaking is driving me nuts and on a new bike this is not something I would expect.

Thanks for any suggestions.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I have the same problem, I just remove seat post every month , clean post and tube but leave dry . Could try a bit of heavy grease around the post clamp . Be careful when removing post as the cable routing snags abit !

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Are you sure its the post/frame connection and not the post/saddle connection - my post creaks at the saddle rail clamp the moment it gets any dirt in it.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Had the same problem for a long time on my previous eMTB.

I found the best thing for it wasn't grease, but anti-seize compound, specifically AAS Juice from Juice Lubes.

And only a thin application after thoroughly cleaning the seat post and inside the bike's down tube.

I had also tried carbon contact stuff - very gritty and designed to stop the post moving - but that made the creaking worse.

It is very possible it was mostly a problem with my bike. I had tried other seat posts with no luck, and in each case I would often find the seat post slipping unless i did the seat collar up *really* tight. But, like I said, the AAS helped and usually stopped the creaks for a month or so before more needed to be applied.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles