New Capra and Decoy "Elites" tomorrow .. any guesses

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
From the YT Canada site ..

CAPRA Elite
The CAPRA Elite is our new high-end enduro rig and will be available as a 29er destined for heavy-duty riding. With 170 mm of travel and the newest FOX Factory suspension technology, this beast is ready for you to take it over the gnarliest of trails and biggest of hits.

DECOY Elite
The DECOY Elite is our newest high-end enduro E-MTB! The carbon-framed bike is primed to charge through every obstacle put in its way. The mullet-build is a true enduro monster and boasts the latest FOX Factory suspension technology with 170 mm / 165 mm of travel front and rear.
:unsure:

My guess is that YT is clearing out all excess inventory of Capra/Decoy framesets to get ready for 2021 launch of new design ????? Likely a higher spec'd Decoy Shred (ie .. grip II fork)

Last edited:

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Most likely the Decoy with use the Fox 38 and new X2 in the rear, and maybe, just maybe employ a 700 wh battery? I can also imagine it has the latest xt 12 speed, new Fox Transfer, and carbon wheels. $6400 USD price tag? But yes, agree they are clearing out all the old stuff waiting for the new. Ironically, it would most likely be the new Steps 9000 that will come with the new bike for 2021. Why not wait at this point.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Oh, it will indeed have the Fox 38, and 2021 X2. Full Xt, 8000 steps motor.
I personally think it's worth waiting for the new model with a bigger battery, new motor, and maybe a lower weight And / Or some beefed up components. It's like buying the Porsche 911 all while they come up with something much better. It'll haunt you, lol.

C004ADC8-3512-42A8-9E02-3BE16D6A6480_4_5005_c.jpeg

colaflaskeN

Jul 22, 2020
Denmark
You Can see details here

I ordered the shred, but think I will take this one instead. There have been no release of new motor or anything yet, so I need to take one now, since I don’t got one already, can’t wait over half a year to get power between my legs ?

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
Looks like the new Elite has a different rake fork. The Elite seems to be spec'ed with a 51mm. The Pro Race shows a 44mm rake. I wonder what thats going to do?

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Looks like the new Elite has a different rake fork. The Elite seems to be spec'ed with a 51mm. The Pro Race shows a 44mm rake. I wonder what thats going to do?
The elite will be feel slacker, being more stable at high speeds. The Pro race feeling more agile

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
51mm offset fork is not necessary these days with how slack bikes are coming stock. I don’t know if that would be a deal breaker for me, but definitely not desirable.

HOMIE5000

Feb 23, 2020
Australia
Perhaps this is a stepping stone to an upgraded PRO RACE coming . You wouldn't upgrade a pro race with extra weight and slightly better suspension . A move like the Elite allows a bigger move in the PRO RACE model
So the new elite is the old pro comp, so its possible a new pro comp is coming, so its probable its coming with a new motor etc and a higher price tag .

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles