Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Decoy Elite2.JPG
Decoy Elite.JPG

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No lack of vision here! I have a Levo so I am used to a powerful quiet motor. I would accept the Shimano motor/ battery capacity if I was only doing bike park or trail centre but not for my mix of riding. I would buy the YT...with a Bosch motor!

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
I like the color. Otherwise, I still think a better way to go for $ spent is to buy a less expensive model and upgrade. It requires more effort and coordination but far better performance gains. I'll take my Push coil/coil setup with Saint brakes over the Fox stock suspension and SRAM brakes any day.

The choice of wheelset intrigues me. I have Synthesis wheels on my pedal-bike and love them, but I have a hard time seeing the value on a 50 lb+ bike with a motor. They do have a great no-questions asked crash replacement warranty though (which I've taken advantage of). I recently destroyed my OEM DT spline 1900 rear wheel, so having a warranty is nice.

I ride Assegai and prefer that over DHF for my terrain, which is dry and loose.

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
I am hoping that wheelset proves to be reliable .. hubs are proven .. rims ??? :unsure:

Albeit the reviews thus far are VERY positive on CB's approach to carbon wheels. Lifetime warranty is nice but I would like to see a claim of "turnaround time" by all manufacturers (ie .. you will have a new rim in less than 5 business days)

CB has had a bumpy road for quality in the past .. but they are still going so perhaps that is a good sign (y)

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
I am hoping that wheelset proves to be reliable .. hubs are proven .. rims ??? :unsure:

Albeit the reviews thus far are VERY positive on CB's approach to carbon wheels. Lifetime warranty is nice but I would like to see a claim of "turnaround time" by all manufacturers (ie .. you will have a new rim in less than 5 business days)

CB has had a bumpy road for quality in the past .. but they are still going so perhaps that is a good sign (y)

I broke my rear Synthesis earlier this season. I had it back to me 5 days after shipping it off. No questions asked. I was impressed. All postage covered by Crank Bros here in the US

I really do dig the Synthesis on my other bike. There's something to their claims of making the front more compliant. I'd like to try it on my YT and so will withhold judgement. Also, they sure do look pretty !

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
I broke my rear Synthesis earlier this season. I had it back to me 5 days after shipping it off. No questions asked. I was impressed. All postage covered by Crank Bros here in the US

I really do dig the Synthesis on my other bike. There's something to their claims of making the front more compliant. I'd like to try it on my YT and so will withhold judgement. Also, they sure do look pretty !

Great news with the turnaround .. smaller companies are always excellent on service.

I researched the wheels and see they do make an "e-specific" wheel that is slightly different than their other offerings .. so perhaps this is a a great fit

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
Looks like the new Elite has a different rake fork. The Elite seems to be spec'ed with a 51mm. The Pro Race shows a 44mm rake. I wonder what thats going to do?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles