New bike didnt come with any tools. Suggestions on light weight tools and c02 repair kits to take on the ride?

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
My new bike came with no tools (Haibike all mt 7.0), so can't even put the handlebars on. Looking for suggestions on what to take out with me on rides up on the moors. Also need c02 repair kit as wheels are tubeless any suggestions from amazon?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
A lezyne rap ii 25 multi tool

It has a Co2 chuck as part of the tool, so the only other thing you need to carry is a co2 cannister and some tubeless tyre repair plugs

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Most bikes don't come with tools here. Depending on how far you are from civilisation and whether you're on your own you'll need less or more self sufficiency. And there are more types/brands/styles of tools than there are bikes.

My basic kit has:
*multitool with chain breaker. Make sure it covers every bolt on your bike. Some don't.
*2x 25gram CO2 plus inflator.
*micropump.
*1x spare tube.
*tyre boot
*quicklink to suit that bike. (taped to brake cable)
*electrical tape. (wrapped around pump handle).
*Cable ties. (inside handle bars)
*tyre plugs.
*tyre lever.
*Leatherman micro. (attached to my car key).

Personally I like the EDC headset tool. It's neat and works well. Has everything I need including a tyre lever and can store the tyre dart/plugs and a tyre boot. The tube (I like Tubilito but they're $$$) CO2 cartridges/inflator and micropump strap to the downtube. Topeak make some tools that attach to a water bottle mount which is neat. Plenty of CO2 water bottle solutions.

If you don't already have at home, you'll need:
*Floor pump (with canister if you're tubeless).
*Shock pump.
*tyre sealant.
*general purpose bike grease. (to stop those creaks)
* chain lube.
* bike seafe cleaner and degreaser.
*Some bigger versions of your multitool stuff (except the chain breaker).

Gordon

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Instead of tyre plugs, I love my Stan's DART, the "frilly" plug reacts with latex sealant to seal larger cuts and holes.
At home you will also need a torque wrench, 2-20Nm, I also have a torque screwdriver for bolts below 2Nm (consequences of stripping a thread on the frame are kind of dire)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles