Service Tools

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
I guess its the price we pay for ebikes still being a new, and therefore relatively rare, product.

As the quantities increase the prices should go down, but probably not for a while. The tooling to make the tooling costs a lot and will be distributed across the number of the product made.

Doesn't mean I disagree with you though!

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I guess its the price we pay for ebikes still being a new, and therefore relatively rare, product.

Am i being a tadge cynical in thinking the cost of service tools is part of industry thinking to make you go to the bike shop for even the simplest of maintenance tasks...?
As the quantities increase the prices should go down, but probably not for a while. The tooling to make the tooling costs a lot and will be distributed across the number of the product made.

Doesn't mean I disagree with you though!

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
Once you’ve got the tools, you do the work yourself no wasted time going to and from bike shop and having to to pay for hourly labour/fixed price cost....do it yourself and you learn about the workings of your bike. Take extra care and attention to little details and the satisfaction of doing a good job after all if you don’t know how stuff works you can’t fix it

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Once you’ve got the tools, you do the work yourself no wasted time going to and from bike shop and having to to pay for hourly labour/fixed price cost....do it yourself and you learn about the workings of your bike. Take extra care and attention to little details and the satisfaction of doing a good job after all if you don’t know how stuff works you can’t fix it
Thats what I've always done with cars. I've spent a fortune in tools over the years, but saved more. And its often faster than taking it to a garage.

I'm now having to start again and get all the bike tools...

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Thats what I've always done with cars. I've spent a fortune in tools over the years, but saved more. And its often faster than taking it to a garage.

I'm now having to start again and get all the bike tools...
Yeh this guys right. Me too . It also helps if u have a bike mechanic in the family . I think of it like . Hmm so I just spent 100$ . Doing myself. Mechanic would of charged 250 $ it just makes sense to do urself . And anyways mechanics are dodgy. Just ask Gary ?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
Expensive service tools returned and refunded......reasonably priced and totally adequate replacements sourced. ?
Moral of the story....consult the gurus on the forum for tips and lateral thinking ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles