New Bike Day! Crestline RS 50/75 EEB

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Stoked to receive my 2023 Crestline RS 50/75 EEB!

Fit and finish is top quality. Very impressed.

1st time owning a bike with the Bosch motor. I was nervous it would be too loud going up and down and that is not the case at all. Surprised how quiet the motor is. Love the Bosch power! The screen on the top tube is awesome! Easy to see and has a lot of useful info.

Suspension is very plush! I miss having Ohlins suspension. Also digging the rear kinematics.

Super happy I purchased this bike. Plan on ordering the RS 75/50 EEB shortly.

Dealing with Troydon was awesome!

20230422_114150.jpg 20230422_114232.jpg 20230422_114305.jpg

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
The Crestline 50/75 is hands down the best bike I've ever ridden! Amazed how sharp it turns and how plush the suspension is. I'm much more confident on the Crestline than my Kenevo and Bullit with way less travel (160mm/150mm).

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
This is a weird question, but do you know the measurement from you middle knuckle to your shoulder bone with your arm extended foward?
I just measured by myself and came out to 24 inches. I trust Troydon and Crestline's recommendation on sizing. The biggest reason why I didn't go with the RH4 is because of the 480mm seat tube vs the 450mm on the RH-3. Not sure where you are located but if anywhere near Lake Tahoe feel free to stop by and test fit my bikes.

Dirtyrig

Dec 26, 2021
New York
Thanks for the help and the offer!! If I lived closer I would take you up on that offer, but I live in new york. I've been discussing this with Troydon and he's trying to find me someone that may have a RH3 that lives close to me. I think I would be fine on either a RH3 or RH4, but prefer a shorter wheelbase and even though I fall in the middle of the sizing, my arms are kind of long, my shoulder to knuckle measures 28".

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
I just measured by myself and came out to 24 inches. I trust Troydon and Crestline's recommendation on sizing. The biggest reason why I didn't go with the RH4 is because of the 480mm seat tube vs the 450mm on the RH-3. Not sure where you are located but if anywhere near Lake Tahoe feel free to stop by and test fit my bikes.
Hmm, I just did this measurement and got 24” as well, even though I’m only 5’9” and ordered the RH2. It has a 450mm reach, which is what I’m used to, but I’ve never gone any bigger. I wonder if got the wrong size??

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Hmm, I just did this measurement and got 24” as well, even though I’m only 5’9” and ordered the RH2. It has a 450mm reach, which is what I’m used to, but I’ve never gone any bigger. I wonder if got the wrong size??
Don't pay too much to my arm measurement. It was not accurate. Being 5' 9" I think the RH-2 is perfect!

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
I recently bought a RH2 7550 and finally rode it this week. It's taken me a while to dial in the fork, but I'm close. I put ~12psi more air in the main chamber and ~30psi more air in the ramp up chamber than Ohlins recommended, but it feels really good now, at least on the trails I rode today. I also put a 35mm rise bar and longer stem, which feels better since at 5'10" I'm in-between sizes. I opted for the RH2 because the reach is what I'm used to and I wanted a bit more lively bike, but I'd love to try the reach adjust headset.

The bike is significantly better than my prior (and only other) ebike, a Giant Trance, which suffered from ridiculously long chainstays.

The one thing that I'm disappointed by is the noise from the Bosch motor. I had heard that some Bosch-equipped bikes have a noise, but I didn't expect it to be so prominent. It's not a clunking sound, more like the sound a bunch of nuts and bolts would make if you shook them in a plastic container. It only seems to happen when I'm coasting on semi-rough terrain with a lot of chatter. I haven't noticed it on bigger hits as much. Are you guys noticing this as well??

A couple of other questions:

-- Does the Magura shiftmix actually bring the shifter closer to your hands, or does it just clean up the cockpit? I need another 1/2".
-- Does the rear tire have no grip on loose/dusty terrain that's steep, or do I just need to get used to a mullet with a shorter chainstay? I was thinking about putting a DHR2 in the rear.

Other than the motor rattling, there's very little to complain about. I think the reviews of the bike are pretty spot on. I bought the bike from Worldwide Cyclery, and they provided excellent customer service throughout the process. Very impressive. Oh yeah, and the race mode is so good...let me ride a lot more than I otherwise would've in the last two days.

Last edited:

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
I recently bought a RH2 7550 and finally rode it this week. It's taken me a while to dial in the fork, but I'm close. I put ~12psi more air in the main chamber and ~30psi more air in the ramp up chamber than Ohlins recommended, but it feels really good now, at least on the trails I rode today. I also put a 35mm rise bar and longer stem, which feels better since at 5'10" I'm in-between sizes. I opted for the RH2 because the reach is what I'm used to and I wanted a bit more lively bike, but I'd love to try the reach adjust headset.

The bike is significantly better than my prior (and only other) ebike, a Giant Trance, which suffered from ridiculously long chainstays.

The one thing that I'm disappointed by is the noise from the Bosch motor. I had heard that some Bosch-equipped bikes have a noise, but I didn't expect it to be so prominent. It's not a clunking sound, more like the sound a bunch of nuts and bolts would make if you shook them in a plastic container. It only seems to happen when I'm coasting on semi-rough terrain with a lot of chatter. I haven't noticed it on bigger hits as much. Are you guys noticing this as well??

A couple of other questions:

-- Does the Magura shiftmix actually bring the shifter closer to your hands, or does it just clean up the cockpit? I need another 1/2".
-- Does the rear tire have no grip on loose/dusty terrain that's steep, or do I just need to get used to a mullet with a shorter chainstay? I was thinking about putting a DHR2 in the rear.

Other than the motor rattling, there's very little to complain about. I think the reviews of the bike are pretty spot on. I bought the bike from Worldwide Cyclery, and they provided excellent customer service throughout the process. Very impressive. Oh yeah, and the race mode is so good...let me ride a lot more than I otherwise would've in the last two days.
I do hear the rattle from the Bosch motor and think it's on par with the Shimano EP8 rattle. I do wish it was silent but used to it now and can live with it. The performance is well worth it!

It did take me a little of time to set up the shifters/brake position on the bars but was able to get them dialed.

I love the WTB tires! I was a huge Assegai fan and like the WTB better. I think they provide better traction and support. My 50/75 with the full 29" wheels does feel like it has more traction than my 75/50 with mullet.

I'm 140lbs and have my Ohlins set like this below. I could never get my Fox/Rockshox to feel this good.
Fork: 80psi main/160psi ramp up, 10 clicks rebound, compression wide open
Shock: 160psi, 9 clicks rebound, compression wide open

Congrats on the new bike!

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Stoked to receive my 2023 Crestline RS 50/75 EEB!

Fit and finish is top quality. Very impressed.

1st time owning a bike with the Bosch motor. I was nervous it would be too loud going up and down and that is not the case at all. Surprised how quiet the motor is. Love the Bosch power! The screen on the top tube is awesome! Easy to see and has a lot of useful info.

Suspension is very plush! I miss having Ohlins suspension. Also digging the rear kinematics.

Super happy I purchased this bike. Plan on ordering the RS 75/50 EEB shortly.

Dealing with Troydon was awesome!

View attachment 112337 View attachment 112338 View attachment 112339
One of the best bikes I have seen, stunning.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles