Need Help - How to get accurate STEPS Battery charge level or actual Voltage??

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
Hi,

Will not be long till I have to store my ebike batterys for the season. I like to put them away at 65 to 70 percent charge. My bike only reads 20 percent increments - which I truly dislike. Anyway, I cant get a reading off the display, or the App. Only the bar readout. I tried using a volt meter but cant seem to get a reading directly from the terminals for some reason - its like the battery goes to sleep when its not on the bike or the charger. I have a 504 wh battery and 6100 motor.

Thanks!

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Hi,

Will not be long till I have to store my ebike batterys for the season. I like to put them away at 65 to 70 percent charge. My bike only reads 20 percent increments - which I truly dislike. Anyway, I cant get a reading off the display, or the App. Only the bar readout. I tried using a volt meter but cant seem to get a reading directly from the terminals for some reason - its like the battery goes to sleep when its not on the bike or the charger. I have a 504 wh battery and 6100 motor.

Thanks!

If while charging the battery you watch the bar meter, when the bar read out reaches 3 bars and then you wait some time, then the battery have a charge of 6x% to 7x%,

A more exact method, If your display has Bluetooth you can use Android APP STUNLOCKER (1,69€) or you can try to pair a Garmin GPS, I paired Garmin Edge Explorer to my E8000 motor and it shows the battery level in 1% increments.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020
Out west
If while charging the battery you watch the bar meter, when the bar read out reaches 3 bars and then you wait some time, then the battery have a charge of 6x% to 7x%,

A more exact method, If your display has Bluetooth you can use Android APP STUNLOCKER (1,69€) or you can try to pair a Garmin GPS, I paired Garmin Edge Explorer to my E8000 motor and it shows the battery level in 1% increments.

Thanks so much! Why Shimano has decided to keep this info hidden is really hard to understand....
The app is everything the etube app lacks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles