---> My trick to always have a charged E-bike, lights, GPS, etc. <---

Vani

Feb 17, 2024
Barcelona
Hello. Who hasn't had it happen that, due to work or other circumstances, they haven't seen the Wasaap cell phone messages from the bike outing group and when you see that they have left, you come home and it turns out that your bike is unloaded and the light is also off. carry. In other words, you are left without leaving.

I explain to you the technological trick that I use to always have all my electronic devices ready and the bike always ready. I use a smart power strip. This one from Amazon is good because it has physical buttons too (so you can use it like a normal power strip). It's this one:

smart plug xxx​

I have everything plugged in there and on my phone I have a couple of applications installed (free) that will do the work for me. Everyone has to do it their own way, in the group we always meet in a "placeta" (small square). So someone would say through Wasap that we would meet at the placeta at that time . Then the magic begins:

- a notification arrives via Wasap on my cell phone, this notification is seen by a person using IFTTT who sees the keyword " placeta " and then tells the application " SmartThings " (it is Samsung's home automation apk). ) to connect the plug where the bike light is connected, which will begin to charge at that moment (and so on with all the plugs that you need to activate (ebike, GPS, etc.) and so when I get home I will have everything charged and ready to go If

they change my place of stay, I will arrive in the dark....
;D
;D
;D

Screenshot_20240218_021701.jpg Screenshot_20240218_021722.jpg

Last edited:

ChillyWilly

Feb 4, 2021
Netherlands
I use a simpler version. I have a Bosch Cx Gen 4, non smart, system.. I have a chip, which also let's me see the actual battery percentage on the purion display. Which is something Bosch should have but in the system themselves.
Anyway, I calculated that it takes 22 minutes per 10% charge. When I end my ride, I use a smart plug to set a timer to charge the battery to 50%. Then when I feel the need to ride I charge it to 80% or 90% according too how much riding I expect to do.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles