MTB Fork Guide

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
I learned a lot from this article. Perhaps others can as well.

This needs to be a sticky!

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
C13127C7-EC4B-4C1B-B1E2-3C42967A60D4.jpeg

Rockshox motion control, Charger RC, Charger pictorial difference.

My takeaway is that Charger RC is a totally different design than Charger. Internal Floating Piston vice bladder.

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Yes very good. I've got a Charger 2.1RC ordered from a boxing day sale so hopefully it'll actually be in stock & when it turns up I can replace the moco. Interestingly I used a shockwiz on my yari & the only thing it recommended was increasing the HSC so i guess the moco does a pretty adequate job otherwise.

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
Yes very good. I've got a Charger 2.1RC ordered from a boxing day sale so hopefully it'll actually be in stock & when it turns up I can replace the moco. Interestingly I used a shockwiz on my yari & the only thing it recommended was increasing the HSC so i guess the moco does a pretty adequate job otherwise.
Do you plan to install it yourself? I just got back from my LBS here in Phoenix Arizona. MTB here is huge. I asked them to upgrade my Yari fork ( Moco) And my Boxxer fork ( Charger RC ) both to Charger 2.1. They declined to do the job. They told me to go to Stilwell Suspension in Scottsdale Arizona. All they do is motorcycle and MTB suspensions. Weird. I guess I’ll take their advice.

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Were they too busy? Maybe suspension upgrades can turn into a pita for the mechanics if (we) customers keep coming back taking up their time askng advice about settings etc?
Seems to me that the charger upgrade is a simple plug & play type swapover. I am also swapping the wipers to SKF so will get a mech to put thjose in as I don't have an appropriate seal fitting tool.

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
Were they too busy? Maybe suspension upgrades can turn into a pita for the mechanics if (we) customers keep coming back taking up their time askng advice about settings etc?
Seems to me that the charger upgrade is a simple plug & play type swapover. I am also swapping the wipers to SKF so will get a mech to put thjose in as I don't have an appropriate seal fitting tool.
They said they didn’t have the right tools to do the job. I just don’t think they wanted to do it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles