Mount Bosch Kiox on stem?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
The mounting of the Kiox on my 140 Race seems to be in a very vulnerable position. Has anyone relocated it via a stem mount, if so how did you do it?

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Thanks. I saw that one yesterday, while browsing, but didn’t know if it was the right part for the job. I assumed it would be more complicated, as surely Cube would use those, if it was that straightforward?
My understanding is that you just swap the base plate from one holder to another.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Both mounts the bases look the same so I guess is a straight swap?
h:bar.jpg
stem.jpg

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Ah, ok, looks like the right part then, thanks.(y)

Will I need any additional bolts etc, or will the standard stem bolt work with that?

BroadyGTE

Jun 24, 2018
yorekshire
First ride out on mine I knocked it off with my knee, I twisted it right down and never had problem since. It Justs clears the top tube ?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Edit - the only issue getting the old one off is that unless you disconnect the cables, and rewire them, you have to cut the original mount. Doesn't matter though, as this a much better solution.

fisha

Feb 17, 2020
Scotland
I've flipped my mount over so that the display sits in front of the stem. Doesn't get knocked anymore by my knees, or when I lean over the bars to open gates and things.

Can be done by undoing the hinge bolt that the mount attaches to the arm and fitting the mount the other way round to the arm. ( Obvious what you need to do when you try and flip it. )

Setup can be seen below in the picture:

1Op1v8om.jpg

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I've flipped my mount over so that the display sits in front of the stem. Doesn't get knocked anymore by my knees, or when I lean over the bars to open gates and things.

Can be done by undoing the hinge bolt that the mount attaches to the arm and fitting the mount the other way round to the arm. ( Obvious what you need to do when you try and flip it. )

1Op1v8om.jpg

That looks like a good solution as well. Having it mounted on the stem now frees up the left side of the bars to put my phone. The bell is on the right! :D

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland

1Op1v8om.jpg

download.jpg

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
It's better just may be not as good as head on from the riders position, which would save me lifting up my laptop and turning it round :ROFLMAO:

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
I have ordered the top tube mount now from Trek shop. £13.00 posted. Top tube placement should be the best position in my opinion.
Please note, I believe that some of the rails don't have the little screw on the top tube to mount it. Make sure you have it before you order it.

Hornet

Apr 4, 2020
Slough
Is that the top tube mount that’s fitted on the rail 9.9, if so which particulat shop did you get it from, I can’t find one anywhere!

Hornet

Apr 4, 2020
Slough
I have ordered the top tube mount now from Trek shop. £13.00 posted. Top tube placement should be the best position in my opinion.
Please note, I believe that some of the rails don't have the little screw on the top tube to mount it. Make sure you have it before you order it.
Hi mate where did you order this from I’ve been looking for ages and can’t find one anywhere!

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Is that the top tube mount that’s fitted on the rail 9.9, if so which particulat shop did you get it from, I can’t find one anywhere!

Call your local Trek dealer and ask them for the top tube Kiox mount. That's what I did and they have ordered from Trek direct send to me.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm not convinced the stem is the best place for 200 quids worth of glass fronted electronics and I have a very sorry looking Intuvia head unit that would agree...

img_3159-jpg.3441

Yes, the gaffer tape is structural, thanks to an OTB at Cannock. :eek:

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I'm not convinced the stem is the best place for 200 quids worth of glass fronted electronics and I have a very sorry looking Intuvia head unit that would agree...

img_3159-jpg.3441

Yes, the gaffer tape is structural, thanks to an OTB at Cannock. :eek:

What happened?!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You're not wrong. Perhaps once all this is over we can meet up and you can show me how it's done?

I'm not sure I have the skillset required for the Surrey Alps though... :ROFLMAO:

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
You're not wrong. Perhaps once all this is over we can meet up and you can show me how it's done?

I'm not sure I have the skillset required for the Surrey Alps though... :ROFLMAO:

No problem. I’ll show you how to ride properly without falling off. :)

I don’t ride in Surrey much, so you’ll have to put up with the Hampshire & Berkshire Alps.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles