Bosch kiox km to miles

Steve33

Nov 17, 2020
Kendal, UK
Hello
I have a bosch kiox connected to my phone via the e bike connect app. Anyone know how to change from km to miles in the app, nothing in setting to do it. Thanks

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I asked this question to Bosch. I want to change the Flow app from Miles to KM (I have the Kiox set to Km, even in the UK I prefer elevation in metres and kilometres over miles).

To change the Kiox from Miles to KM it’s easy via the bike itself. But the phone app, not so much…

here’s their verbatim response:

Hello,

Ok,it is possible to change the unit from Km/h to Mph. It all depends on

the mobile phone setting. The user's phone settings must use

imperial units, and must be set to the area of use, in your case, the UK.

Best regards

Your Bosch eBike team”

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
So it looks like it’s not possible to change it - unless you totally change your phones region to somewhere else, which introduces a whole heap of other issues.

devargos

Jan 17, 2022
Jersey
It worked for me changing it on my phones settings. I went from km to miles. The actual phone settings not within the app.

I have an android phone dunno if that helps.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
So instead of a simple app setting, they want you to change your system wide settings. Which on iPhone seems to mean not having UK as your region even though every road sign here etc is in miles.

Lazy app development, when it’s such a basic mathematical equation.

devargos

Jan 17, 2022
Jersey
Thanks all, devargos which settings on the phone did you change

settings
general management
language

If I put English (UK) its miles if I put English (Ireland) it goes to KM

make sure you close the flow app make the change then open the app. I just tested it and it works on my samsung.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I am in Belgium, and put everything software related in English, because translation into my language is often completely bonkers, and copy/paste flemish settings or error messages in google gives zero results instead of 500 in english.
And to get this right, ALL region, language, profile, locale,... settings have to be English/UK.
Time is the set to 24h, date to ddmmyy or yymmdd, units to SI metric.

"The unit format depends on the region selected in the smartphone settings.If you want to change the unit format to mph, you can select the USA region, for example. "

As if I will change that for their useless app.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28100

Hello
I have a bosch kiox connected to my phone via the e bike connect app. Anyone know how to change from km to miles in the app, nothing in setting to do it. Thanks
Nimrod here I have had the same problem .
Go to bike connect app,
SETTINGS
TOP SUBJECT Account/ Personal
Hello

Hello

D

Deleted member 28100

Nimrod again bit more help
Under the settings top item accounts about half way down right hand side set either imperial/metric.
This changes things on the app,on the kiox display settings .
Cheers

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Nimrod again bit more help
Under the settings top item accounts about half way down right hand side set either imperial/metric.
This changes things on the app,on the kiox display settings .
Cheers

Tried it, thought it might work, but we’re talking about Kiox 300 on the smart system and the Bosch Flow app. It doesn’t work unfortunately.

I did just find how to do it on iOS while tinkering, had to set the ‘measurement system’ in region setting to US. Because Apple think we set our speed limits in Kph and distances in Km here obviously lol. Or Bosch’s app coding does? One of them?

Last edited:

Eliadn

Jul 25, 2022
Croatia
It is known that you need to change your region setting to switch from miles to km and vice versa. Lazy ass coding if you ask me..

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
It is known that you need to change your region setting to switch from miles to km and vice versa. Lazy ass coding if you ask me..

Previously on iOS it was the entire region that you had to switch to US. Now it’s only the measurement setting, presumably since an iOS update.
Still lazy by Bosch though, simple maths in the coding would fix it.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Its strange that the measurement unit you use on the Kiox doesn't transfer the information to the app in the same format. As someone said previously changing it on the Kiox is easy. Sad the app isin't the same.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles