Motor replcement under warranty

Claxxon

Aug 19, 2020
Scotland
In May a firmare update bricked my motor and it was replaced under waranty in June. The replacement motor failed last week and has been replaced "in good faith" as my bike, Stance E+1, was only out of warranty by a couple of days and the motor was only two months old. Giant have told my LBS that as the bike is out of warranty no further repairs will be done under warranty, even if the new motor fails. It's left me a bit concerned as the last "new" motor only lasted a matter of weeks.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
In May a firmare update bricked my motor and it was replaced under waranty in June. The replacement motor failed last week and has been replaced "in good faith" as my bike, Stance E+1, was only out of warranty by a couple of days and the motor was only two months old. Giant have told my LBS that as the bike is out of warranty no further repairs will be done under warranty, even if the new motor fails. It's left me a bit concerned as the last "new" motor only lasted a matter of weeks.
Time to either work out a trade on a totally different brand or sell it. Why take a chance, it’s worth it’s most right now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles