Motor cutting out on steep climbs?

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes when I’m in turbo going up something steep the motor will just cut out. The led remote flashes orange and everything turns off. I can turn it straight back on and don’t get any error codes?

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I would take it back ASAP. The longer you leave it the more chance there is that you'll be messed around.

But make sure the supplier has all the Bosch diagnostic equipment of course.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Booked in at LBS for Saturday. It’s not where I bought it so £30 for a diagnostic check. Is that standard? Shop I bought it from only provide 1yr labour on warranty anyway so would likely have been charged by them too.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
No error code here. Although, after it happened last year, I had a guy unlock the light ports and he asked if I’d chipped it before as he could see certain error codes on the system. Not sure what they were.

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
No error code here. Although, after it happened last year, I had a guy unlock the light ports and he asked if I’d chipped it before as he could see certain error codes on the system. Not sure what they were.
Ok thanks for info...I will go to Bosch service center this week for a check up. I also got the 63000A error...

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
bike went in for diagnostics today. There were error codes for current monitoring and battery temperature but he said the highest recorded temp was 36°c.

Will have to wait and see what Bosch say now.

IMG_0697.jpeg IMG_0698.jpeg

Last edited:

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Chased 99 bikes after not hearing anything. Bosch have sent me a new battery so just going to pick it up!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles