Motor Cover for 2020 Stance e+ Power

gunfighter34

Jan 24, 2021
Florida
Total newb here, just bought my first e bike and immediately tried to jump a log smashing the plastic motor cover...Can't find a replacement on the internet (at least one that will ship to the U.S.). I would prefer to have a carbon fiber or aluminum one versus the plastic. Anyone know how to get an aftermarket or replacement?

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Option gaurd:
Rockguardz - Real Carbon Fibre MTB Rock Protectors makes one for the Trance. Best single upgrade I've made. But, its primary benefit is keeping the motor and wiring dry by acting as a splash gaurd. Mine cracked, as expected on its first real impact. Still works perfectly as splash gaurd, even cracked. It might be worth the effort to contact them?

Oem Guard:
IMHO: Giant's spare parts system, is not designed to provide you with parts online.

You must go to the store.

In all seriousness, I found a store in the UK, who shipped me an OEM bashplate for my trance19 to Kentucky, for under $25.

gunfighter34

Jan 24, 2021
Florida
Excellent, I'm looking up Rockguardz now. I have a replacement coming from Giant (thru the bike shop). I agree that Giant is missing an opportunity to move spares via online. Very antiquated system of using the dealer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles