Giant Stance e+2 motor creaking

Miksu

Jul 25, 2021
Europe
Hi all!
I have owned a new Giant Stance e+2 about two weeks now. This is my first ebike and I have been fully enjoying it until now.
Every time I apply significant amount of torque to the pedals, the motor makes bad creaking noise. The noise is there whenever I start moving from stationary or when climbing steep hills etc.. Also, I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it, but it feels like the assistance torque from the motor feels bit different when the creaking noise appears.
Because this is my first ebike, I'm just wondering if this noise is normal or not?

Video about the creaking:

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
Congrats on the bike! I have the same model and that is not normal but to me it sounds like the plastic motor cover, have you checked if the screws are tight? 2.5 Allen key needed and 1x4 mm bolt on the bottom.

Miksu

Jul 25, 2021
Europe
Thanks for the tips! I greased and reinstalled those three allen screws and one bolt at the bottom but the noise is still there. Also checked the seat post. I think that there is not much more that I can do if not open the motor, but that maybe affects to the warranty, so I'll let the dealer look at this issue.
1627386964961.png

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Please let us know what was the solution. Noise comes frome vibrations.
The problem is they travel so we are not sure where they come from.
Does it happens in all asistance levels?

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
Please let us know what was the solution. Noise comes frome vibrations.
The problem is they travel so we are not sure where they come from.
Does it happens in all asistance levels?

I had a similar issue and it seems like it was the derailleur hanger screw:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles