GIANT STANCE E+2 2021

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
IMG_20210427_201819_799.jpg

Got my new bike today. Buzzing. These are like rocking horse ? in the UK right now

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
Lovely bikes, congrats! Just a question for this model so I don't open up a new topic if you don't mind?
I have found this bike used for a good price and I was wondering if the Monarch R rear shock can be replaced with a RL or RT? I plan to do a lot of km's on tarmac before hitting the trails and it seems like the Monarch R doesn't have a compression adjustment?
Thanks!

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
Lovely bikes, congrats! Just a question for this model so I don't open up a new topic if you don't mind?
I have found this bike used for a good price and I was wondering if the Monarch R rear shock can be replaced with a RL or RT? I plan to do a lot of km's on tarmac before hitting the trails and it seems like the Monarch R doesn't have a compression adjustment?
Thanks!
I'm not sure mate. Not that clued up on all the technicalities

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Thanks!
I am on the 2020 and ride to the trails, i do not have a car.
Zero problem. I never tought of improving the suspension.
Just like any bike, proper tires PSI and adjust suspension, that is it.

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
Loving it MrMarzocchi. I have never been a serious mountain biker but enjoyed getting out from time to time. Since getting the Stance I look forward to getting out as much as work life allows. So great finding new tracks near me that I didn’t know existed.
It's incredible isn't it. Can go for miles an never get tired. Fast too ?‍♂️?

kjneil77

Jun 9, 2021
US
It's incredible isn't it. Can go for miles an never get tired. Fast too ?‍♂️?

A couple days after I got mine, I did my mate for some fun Intermediate downhill ride - it handles quite nice (before and after pix - dustorama hahaha) would've been nice to have the dropper post but it was manageable, climbing is not a problem anymore!
I really like this bike :p
giant1.jpg
giant2.jpg

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
That is a neoprene/velcro calf brace I found on Amazon. I use it to wrap around/cover the bottom of the battery where it meets the frame.
Keeps the water and mud/junk out of that cavity.
Maybe adding 2 more it might help the battery on minus 25 days?
How much was it?

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Help please. I recently got my small 2021Stance E+. I am done fine tuning my fit.
To fine tune my fork i would like to know if it comes with 0 or 1 or 2 spacers.
At only 140 pounds i suspect just adjusting air pressure i am not doing all i can
to personalize the adjustment. I do a few small drops, no jumps. I suspect it could be better
at dealing with small roots/rocks. I am happy with the rear.
Thanks.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Help please. I recently got my small 2021Stance E+. I am done fine tuning my fit.
At only 140 pounds i suspect just adjusting air pressure i am not doing all i can
to personalize the adjustment. I do a few small drops, no jumps. I suspect it could be better
Thanks.
I wish I could tell you. I've never taken mine apart, just used air. I can only recommend asking LBS/Giant.

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
Thanks.

I did take the top cap off and there are no spacers for this fork so it can't be adjusted

Last edited:

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
That is a neoprene/velcro calf brace I found on Amazon. I use it to wrap around/cover the bottom of the battery where it meets the frame.
Keeps the water and mud/junk out of that cavity.
Oh great on that battery cover! I was about to make one from an old wet suit leg. After finding water in mine from a muddy ride I've been taping mine up. Seems like a really bad design on the battery/frame interface. Does Giant not know of any automobile engineers who've solved this problem a million times before in cars that drive all winter through salt spray? It is also a good idea to make a rear fender stub that goes from the bottom pivot up to the top linkage. That prevents splatter of the frame bearings and motor from the rear wheel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles