Stance E+2 display

Code54

Nov 5, 2020
Hurricane WV
I have a 2021 Stance E+2 and noticed online it appears there is a Giant display and mount available (maybe only for non-us bikes?).
I cant seem to find a link to buy the display and stem mount Looks fairly protected this way and a nice clean install). Does anyone know if I can get it in the US and how hard is it to pair it to the Ride Control on my bike. Thank you in advance.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Since last july i have the 2020 Stance E and it came with just 11 lights(i am in Canada). 5 for battery level, 5 for mode selection and i love the simplicity. I just ride it like my 2 other bikes. I had some falls and there is no screen to break or injure me. If i wanted info it would be available by using a smart phone but i do not have a phone. Why get a display? My bike rides daily(i do not have a car) and never sees a shop. It is a dream bike. I recently changed the chain. I guess it has about 2,900 miles.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Is this the display you mean? The evo is hard wired to the harness , the lbs will have to order the correct version for whatever motor / controller combination you have and sometimes they also need to order a different handlebar switch. And then it all gets wet and you have the joy of randomly replacing parts.....

It shows power setting, battery level, speed, and one of 5 parameters down the bottom in small print ( cadence, time, distance, odometer etc) , plus a bar graph readout for torque you are applying.

Get an old mobile phone, link it via bluetooth and mount it to the bars?

FD4319C6-D7D9-49D4-897B-DB38CFB02014.jpeg E1813165-CC10-495A-986D-F8404D1A3982.jpeg

Code54

Nov 5, 2020
Hurricane WV
The one I found had a slightly different shape but similar to the Giant one you listed.
I just want something to give speed, and mileage, and perhaps battery remaining when I am on the bike. My watch can GPS the ride but I want something fairly cheap for on the handle bar so I can see the data right in front of me when needed.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
The one I found had a slightly different shape but similar to the Giant one you listed.
I just want something to give speed, and mileage, and perhaps battery remaining when I am on the bike. My watch can GPS the ride but I want something fairly cheap for on the handle bar so I can see the data right in front of me when needed.
Did you buy it new and you have no way to know if your battery is 20% or 80% full? That seems strange, even without a display mine has 5 lights to show the amount available. Maybe you can read your owner manual, ask your retailer.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Did you buy it new and you have no way to know if your battery is 20% or 80% full? That seems strange, even without a display mine has 5 lights to show the amount available. Maybe you can read your owner manual, ask your retailer.
Thing about the lights is (and I know I'm being picky) is that I can't tell if I'm at 59% or 51% battery, and I'd rather know exactly where the point of no return is.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
The thing is they give numbers that are not that precise. Ride with a friend and different numbers will show for speed, distance, elevation so you will get used that you are OK for a 3hrs ride or whatever. I rarely look at my lights, for level of assist i know how they feel so just a 5$ watch tells me if it is time to get back home. Obviously to you it might be worth it but the more stuff, when you fall is not an advantage.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia

If you look up the bike on the giant website, it refers to evo screen compatibility, which means the screen I posted ( the ipad lens has distorted it) . Here us a slightly better pic.

It will display battery remaining in % on the top right corner.
The bottom figure can display odometer, trip meter, ride duration, cadence, ESTIMATED range remaining ( ignore this ) , max speed . The bar graph tells you how much torque you / the motor are putting out.

You will need to discuss with your lbs what parts are needed - both the screen and the bar mount, but possibly also a different handlebar controller.

++++++ DO NOT assume all evo screens are compatible +++++++

Long story, but plugging my old 2018 screen into my 2020 motor had some really quirky results - like only having 3 power modes despite that screen having 5 on the old 2018 motor.
E37131DD-65B8-4D2D-B59B-D7F161A8CDC8.jpeg

Just4Fun

Mar 5, 2021
USA
Called the LBS where I bought my Trance and they said it would be hard or not possible to add a screen. Then you add the possibility of an expensive fall on it. The App on an I phone will tell you all and it's safe in the pack. I wanted a screen but I am getting over it. He also said that self contained battery lights would be better than wiring them into the bike battery. Just keep it simple.

Code54

Nov 5, 2020
Hurricane WV
Ended up putting a Garmin on mine. LBS talked to GIANT and they can add it but was around $300. Figured may as well get a Garmin at that point.

Struthbooth

Nov 20, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Get a Garmin Edge 830 MTB for the best display.
I looked into the same screen for my Stance E+2 2020 and thought they were alot for what you get. At the time the Giant app was useless (havent really tried it since it was updated). I ended up buy a Garmin Edge 830 MTB Bundle. its abit more expensive than the Giant Display but you get so much more. It has installed the Garmin Maps, Trail Forks and Kamoot Maps and it has all the trails and GPS directions for when im out on the trails. Saved me a few times from getting lost.
Then I added the 'Ebike Diagnostics' by JanCapek app, in the Garmin 'ConnectIQ' app store and also the 'Ebike Field Data Field' (JanCapek also) so it displays on the main screen Bike Battery % and what Power Mode im in on my Garmin Display. Get the info via bluetooth or ANT, one of the two.
Photo 29-3-21, 10 10 18 am.jpg

Here is a of pics of the display. Its on a Stem mount so sits neatly on the stem.

you can play around with the layout of what the garmin displays also. Thats just one of my screen / data fields of View.
using the maps it does show the detail but u can just swip across to the display above and swipe back to maps when needed.

flatspotting

Feb 20, 2021
vancouver
You could just get a Quadlock and put your phone on your bar.... thats what I have been doing with my 2021 stance e2....

The updated giant app is great, records my ride accurately with all stats, I use strava on my phone as well and the quadlock has given me no issues at all. Hitting drops/trails its on there secure and the rain cover keeps it safe.

Jarv

May 13, 2021
Dordogne
Hi folks. Newbie to the forum but thought I would post details of my display.
Bought the Ridecontrol Plus unit. It works well and gives all the information I wanted including speed, total distance covered and in particular a clearer idea of the battery status. It also adjusts the amount kms/miles you could travel dependant upon the assistance setting. The only downsides are that when you stop it doesn't remember your distance traveled and starts again from the zero. It does come with a mount (see the first picture) but this moved around quite a bit. I looked at one of the Giant mounts but ended up buying a Garmin model which feels really solid. Loving my Stance E+2
Peter
old mount.jpeg
IMG_5972 2.jpeg
mounted.jpeg
IMG_5975 2.jpeg

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ

Could be one of the new RideDash units

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles