2020 stance e pro 29er chainring

oldmanmx

Jan 19, 2020
Camden NSW
I haven't replaced mine but on my 2019 Trance E+3 i have taken it off a couple of times. On your bike it's easy just undo the chain then undo the 4 bolts that hold the chainring. Then just wiggle the chainring around the crank to get it off.
Mine has the Praxis chainring so it is threaded. I'm not sure yours is the same as it has a SRAM chainring but if it is and you replace it with something that's not threaded you'll need a set of these
Race Face Replacement Chainring Bolts | Chain Reaction Cycles

Just4Fun

Mar 5, 2021
USA
My 2021 Trance came with a 36 T chain ring and most of my riding is easy not going up steep grades. Most of the time I am in the two smallest rear gears. I would like to go to a larger front ring to get more chain contact in the rear sprocket. Any problems with that and suggestions. I looked on Praxis suite and don't see anything larger than 36 T. Might just be living with it.

Last edited:

oldmanmx

Jan 19, 2020
Camden NSW
There are plenty on ebay fairly cheap.
With something like this you have to order some chainring bolts with it because they are not threaded like the Praxis ring.

Just4Fun

Mar 5, 2021
USA
I was warned by the LBS that a 40 T might not fit as it could cause issues with the chain guide and possibly even hit the frame. Has anyone put a 40T on a 2021 Trance E 29er.

Percy

Feb 15, 2021
Belgium
There are plenty on ebay fairly cheap.
With something like this you have to order some chainring bolts with it because they are not threaded like the Praxis ring.

Was looking for (and found) a bigger (38T is max for the upper chain guide on my Trance E+2 Pro MY2020) chainring too. You'll have to drill the chainring holder because regulair chainring bolts are too wide to fit in the holes. Anyone with a plug and play solution? Smaller (M6) chainring bolts?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles