Mission Control iOS App 1.2.0 featuring Infinite Tune - Now Available

Bimba

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Birmingham
So app update & firmware done.

I have to say having read the comments here I was apprehensive , but I must say I love it, much smoother overall, not noticing much of difference other than that kick of power you had in race mode, that did catch me out sometimes, my set up is as follows.

Support
Eco 25%
Trail 50%
Turbo 100%

Peak Power
Eco 25%
Trail 75%
Turbo 100%

Will test the power consumption on a ride I do every day to see if I’m getting better return as post results. Will be playing around with the set up over the next few days and post results ASAP.

One other thing my local Specalized dealer did the firmware update on mine and my wife’s battery for free, but I would of happily paid for it, as online shopping makes life hard for independent bike shops, so support them when you can as when you need advice or something you can’t wait for off the Internet, they are their for you.

Clint600f

Apr 9, 2018
Newtownards
So app update & firmware done.

I have to say having read the comments here I was apprehensive , but I must say I love it, much smoother overall, not noticing much of difference other than that kick of power you had in race mode, that did catch me out sometimes, my set up is as follows.

Support
Eco 25%
Trail 50%
Turbo 100%

Peak Power
Eco 25%
Trail 75%
Turbo 100%

Will test the power consumption on a ride I do every day to see if I’m getting better return as post results. Will be playing around with the set up over the next few days and post results ASAP.

One other thing my local Specalized dealer did the firmware update on mine and my wife’s battery for free, but I would of happily paid for it, as online shopping makes life hard for independent bike shops, so support them when you can as when you need advice or something you can’t wait for off the Internet, they are their for you.

I look forward to seeing your results. I am leaving my bike into my local dealer soon for the update which will be free of charge too.

Gogogordo

May 10, 2018
San Francisco
Ok, heres my .02
My bike shop here in SF calif. did the updates on my 2017 LEVO, for free, even though I didn't buy the bike there, and Spesh had said all this was supposed to be free anyways, and the bike has noticeably improved in the way it engages, and accelerates.
Much better, and noticeable engagement of the motor than before the update thats for sure!
I run support at 35 ECO, 45 TRAIL, and 65 TURBO
I run peak power at 45 ECO, 50,TRAIL, and 70-75 for TURBO
I'm getting about 10-12% more battery life too.
This seems like a good start for me.
Your settings may differ.
I re-installed the Lightblue app, so I could get past the speed limiter, works great, and I am considering the Blevo app, because the spesh app does suck, and I would like to have the HR functionality.
My speed cadence sensor had also shorted, frayed cable, and the bike shop, and spesh, took care of it no questions asked.
I had even installed, deleted, and re-installed the Lightblue app numerous times, and nothing was mentioned about it to me by either the shop, or spesh.
Your results may differ.
These bikes, LEVO, KENEVO, are pretty awesome, so I hope all who are having difficulties, can work them out and you get to enjoy your ride.
As far as all you people outside of the U. S. with bike shop issues, like another poster said, support your local bike shop, even if they have to charge you a nominal fee.
I don't usually use the shop, I work on all of my bikes, buy most parts online, but anytime they do anything for me, free or not, I reciprocate buy buying something, even if it's small and I don't need it, or I'll bring in beer or doughnuts.
That's always a friend maker.(y)
In the long run you need a shop, if anything as a conduit to the bike companies.
These bikes have come a long way, and have even further to go, and so far, It's been very fun to be apart of it.
If anything changes, as far as the bike is concerned, I will post updates.
I look forward to hearing everyones experiences!
Aloha
GoGo
BRRRRRRRRAAAAPPPP!!

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

IMG_8035.JPG

IMG_8586.JPG

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

cbb1559bb482c7a76c83273b2c8da851cd585db8b9ddfd53859e109d16b8f209.jpg

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Excellent stuff mate. In my other world which is scuba diving the dive shop decline is a stark reminder, divers buy all their kit online cos its easier or cheaper and the dive shops start to close down problem is if you want your diving cylinders filled you cant do that on line
Support your local dive/ bike shop

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Good shops deserve to be supported but it's often the shit shops that survive. Sometimes the good guy shopkeeper just doesn't have the killer instinct.

I used to drive 40 miles each way to get to a good dive shop and in doing so drove right past a shit one. Guess which one is still going?

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi all. My phone was also set to auto update and Mission Control was updated. I did not really find much difference between the new app SW and old battery FW but there again I run 5/50/100 and ECO accel. However I have been able to roll back my App SW back to the previous version and it works fine. There is lots of info out there on how to do this and I tested the app SW on 2off trusted sites before installing.

Basically if you don't want to change, then you don't have too.

I will probably get my bike FW updated - but will leave it for a few weeks and I also do not expect to pay for it.

Also for the people who mention why they don't understand why I run such low settings, I ride my bike because I enjoy it, I want to get fit and I want to loose weight.
I ride in ECO as much as possible and simply turn it up a gear when my HR starts to get too high (170-180) or I am struggling - this is not good for getting fit or losing weight.

Turbo mode I leave at 100% so if I want to have a giggle I can, also I don't see the point in having a motor / battery combo that can deliver a certain amount of max power and yet you never use it. Probably would have been better getting a lower power, cheaper and lighter bike.

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
Ok, heres my .02
My bike shop here in SF calif. did the updates on my 2017 LEVO, for free, even though I didn't buy the bike there, and Spesh had said all this was supposed to be free anyways, and the bike has noticeably improved in the way it engages, and accelerates.
Much better, and noticeable engagement of the motor than before the update thats for sure!
I run support at 35 ECO, 45 TRAIL, and 65 TURBO
I run peak power at 45 ECO, 50,TRAIL, and 70-75 for TURBO
I'm getting about 10-12% more battery life too.
This seems like a good start for me.
Your settings may differ.
I re-installed the Lightblue app, so I could get past the speed limiter, works great, and I am considering the Blevo app, because the spesh app does suck, and I would like to have the HR functionality.
My speed cadence sensor had also shorted, frayed cable, and the bike shop, and spesh, took care of it no questions asked.
I had even installed, deleted, and re-installed the Lightblue app numerous times, and nothing was mentioned about it to me by either the shop, or spesh.
Your results may differ.
These bikes, LEVO, KENEVO, are pretty awesome, so I hope all who are having difficulties, can work them out and you get to enjoy your ride.
As far as all you people outside of the U. S. with bike shop issues, like another poster said, support your local bike shop, even if they have to charge you a nominal fee.
I don't usually use the shop, I work on all of my bikes, buy most parts online, but anytime they do anything for me, free or not, I reciprocate buy buying something, even if it's small and I don't need it, or I'll bring in beer or doughnuts.
That's always a friend maker.(y)
In the long run you need a shop, if anything as a conduit to the bike companies.
These bikes have come a long way, and have even further to go, and so far, It's been very fun to be apart of it.
If anything changes, as far as the bike is concerned, I will post updates.
I look forward to hearing everyones experiences!
Aloha
GoGo
BRRRRRRRRAAAAPPPP!!

View attachment 1923

View attachment 1924

View attachment 1925

View attachment 1926

View attachment 1927
Great thread dude

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Looks like I've been left behind. ha ha.
I don't Know what Blevo is?
I was checking my settings and noticed mission control ap on iPhone bit different, saw factory def so hit that, like has been reported 35 eco, and so on, but max engine power 35%.
took it for a 20km ride felt like more than I normally have eco ( I mostly ride eco @ 20% hit trail @ 50% if going up hill & want more. the factory default just felt same but was smooth.
when I got home I jest reset like I normally have it, 25%/50%/100% with 100% motor, I took for a ride tried all the power settings on hills.
felt ok to me. the 36tooth crank still best thing I've done.
missed service this week as too busy, but will book one soon ask about the update & Blevo . they are also going to fine tune my forks.
I love my levo!! still on original chain checked all the sprockets all looks fine to me. I'll tell lbs double check it all.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
How are the shop going to fine tune your forks? Do they go out for a ride with you and make changes on thr fly?

Stu-k

Apr 16, 2018
Australia
I did update(app/battery)and second ride after it disconnected mid ride, hopefully not going to be a common occurrence now.

MartynG

May 26, 2018
Leeds
Hey all,

Just a quick update on the bike and the new firmware etc.

So today I went to a local trail with 2 guys from a local bike group.

All 3 were ebikes (2xLevo and 1X Hai)

I don't run the updated firmware as you know but the other levo does.

As I mentioned in my last post I personally find the power reduction in the new Levo firmware to be significantly noticeable (due to me being a weaker rider) and today we actually put this to the test once and for all in a real world situation.

I took my bike and put the settings on 100/100 RACE and sat at the bottom of a 10% (perhaps steeper) loose surface / rock incline climb round 400m in length (straight up)

I was in 1st gear and I rocketed up the incline with (to be honest) little to no effort and watched as the app delivered ~540 of power almost constantly/consistently even when I was too tired to pedal (near the top) and was hardly pressing the pedals at all, the bike still threw out 540w of raw power and I glided up the incline slowly but very very easily.

We then did the same test again, same settings / same gear but now on the new firmware Carbon Comp.

I watched the display again and noticed that the app was displaying power of around 300, then 400/540 etc but it was bouncing between them depending on how much effort I put in, so it assisted me but only if I tried.

As I reached the near summit and could pedal no more (like previously) instead of the bike assisting me up the hill (and giving me full 540w power at jemust a touch of Turbo pedals) it actually reduced the power output to around 350 And below (based on my lessening effort) making me work harder to get to the top (which I couldn't do) and therefore actually didn't! I didn't make it!

For me this is a no go! I am so grateful that's I backed out of the upgrade as for me , I don't want that I work harder, i want it to be easier and more enjoyable, and to be able to go places I could never have previously dreamt of.

As of now the new Bike firmware doesn't actually assist me when I'm in trouble, or allow me to go into places I previously dreamt of, effortlessly... It now says ... if you can't put any effort in, I'm not doing all the work for you!

So in short.

After a seriously incredible run today, I am absolutely firmly in agreement that the new firmware does indeed favour Strong riders, fit riders and those looking to / happy to work out.

It doesn't however favour or even allow weak riders like me to take advantage of the previously available power to reach places i previously dreamt of.

If you are a older, or weaker or injured rider I would strongly urge you not to upgrade your to the new 23 FW as it really is not aimed at weaker, injured, or just lazy riders who want to be helped out of tricky situations, and this test was absolute proof of that.

Now I'm heading for a shower,
Happy riding and any questions let me know.

Edited some spelling after the shower :)
If anyone wants to know how far we rode, how long, high, settings etc just ask.

It overall I think this update is incredibly professional, aimed at hardcore riders not lazy injured riders like me :)

Last edited:

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
Hey all,

As I mentioned in my last post I personally find the power reduction in the new Levo firmware to be significantly noticeable (due to me being a weaker rider) and today we actually put this to the test in a real world situation.

I took my bike and put the settings on 100/100 RACE and sat at the bottom of a 10% (perhaps steeper) loose surface / rock incline climb.

I was in 1st gear and I rocketed up the incline with (to be honest) little to no effort and watched as the app delivered ~540 of power almost constantly even when I was too tired and was hardly pressing the pedals at all.

We then did the same test, same settings / gear on the new firmware Carbon Comp.

I watched the display again and noticed that the app was displaying power of around 300, then 540 etc but it was bouncing between the 2 depending on how much effort I put in.

Then I reached the near summit and could pedal no more and instead of the bike assisting me up the hill it reduced the power output to around 350w making me work harder to get to the top (which I couldn't) and therefore actually didn't!

For me this is a no go!
As now the bike doesn't actually assist or allow me to go into places I previously dreamt of, It now says ... if you can't make it, I'm not doing all the work for you!

So in short.
After a seriously incredible run today, I am absolutely firmly in agreement that the new firmware does indeed favour Strong riders, for riders and doesn't allow weak riders like me to reach places they previously could only dream of.

If you are a older, or weaker rider I would strongly urge you don't upgrade your FW as it's really is not aimed at weaker riders and this test was absolute proof of that.

Happy riding and any questions left me know.
Great review, cheers for that

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
My personal opinion on this latest firmware they have tried to emulate the zues bug and it sounds like they didnt get it right
Did you guys have the motor update as well?

MartynG

May 26, 2018
Leeds
No motor updates all were 5.0.4 but the new battery FW and app update etc were made.

To the best of my knowledge the motor FW hsbt been mentioned, announced or released yet.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Hey all,

As I mentioned in my last post I personally find the power reduction in the new Levo firmware to be significantly noticeable (due to me being a weaker rider) and today we actually put this to the test once and for all in a real world situation.

I took my bike and put the settings on 100/100 RACE and sat at the bottom of a 10% (perhaps steeper) loose surface / rock incline climb round 400m in length (straight up)

I was in 1st gear and I rocketed up the incline with (to be honest) little to no effort and watched as the app delivered ~540 of power almost constantly/consistently even when I was too tired to pedal (near the top) and was hardly pressing the pedals at all, the bike still threw out 540w of raw power and I glided up the incline slowly but very very easily.

We then did the same test again, same settings / same gear but now on the new firmware Carbon Comp.

I watched the display again and noticed that the app was displaying power of around 300, then 400/540 etc but it was bouncing between them depending on how much effort I put in, so it assisted me but only if I tried.

As I reached the near summit and could pedal no more (like previously) instead of the bike assisting me up the hill (and giving me full 540w power at jemust a touch of Turbo pedals) it actually reduced the power output to around 350 And below (based on my lessening effort) making me work harder to get to the top (which I couldn't do) and therefore actually didn't! I didn't make it!

For me this is a no go! I am so grateful that's I backed out of the upgrade as for me , I don't want that I work harder, i want it to be easier and more enjoyable, and to be able to go places I could never have previously dreamt of.

As of now the new Bike firmware doesn't actually assist me when I'm in trouble, or allow me to go into places I previously dreamt of, effortlessly... It now says ... if you can't put any effort in, I'm not doing all the work for you!

So in short.

After a seriously incredible run today, I am absolutely firmly in agreement that the new firmware does indeed favour Strong riders, fit riders and those looking to / happy to work out.

It doesn't however favour or even allow weak riders like me to take advantage of the previously available power to reach places i previously dreamt of.

If you are a older, or weaker or injured rider I would strongly urge you not to upgrade your to the new 23 FW as it really is not aimed at weaker, injured, or just lazy riders who want to be helped out of tricky situations, and this test was absolute proof of that.

Happy riding and any questions let me know.

Edited some spelling after the shower :)
If anyone wants to know how far we rode, how long, high, settings etc just ask.

It overall I think this update is incredibly professional, aimed at hardcore riders not lazy injured riders like me :)

Hmmm very interesting. Thanks for posting your thoughts. I'm considering upgrading the firmware soon; but I do want the bike to put out some decent wattage when necessary, as some of the hills I am climbing here are nasty and steep.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
I suppose we are all different.
I like to have to do some work, to get exercise .
but I also like longer range. I tried race to eco, & for me about the middle was ok.
I'll just see what girl's at LBS think. as one of them did more service training at Specilized.
but it's good to be able to read what you all think.
we have some killer climbs, but don't do them every week. the non E riders in fast group, avoid some killer hills, that my friend an I on Levo's can ride up, only because we have the levo's help but we don't use 100% ( like to do some work ) so from reading the posts others expect more or need more from there bikes.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Hmmm very interesting. Thanks for posting your thoughts. I'm considering upgrading the firmware soon; but I do want the bike to put out some decent wattage when necessary, as some of the hills I am climbing here are nasty and steep.
Yeah nasty and steep, like you need a motorbike. Oh wait, the Levo’s Climb better than Motorbikes. Disregard ???

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
@MartynG thanks for the detailed feedback.

I really hope that Spec give us more options here, instead of a one size fits all, as its clear that doesn’t work well for everyone.

I’m really tempted by BLEvo, like @Tori (and others) are using. This seems that it gives the most customisation options. Maybe Specialized should hire the developer ?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I have decided i will not upgrade my firmware i can get so much from blevo i can set traditional spesh settings zues settings or zworks setting all give different feeling and power delivery and i can set up to suit different types of rides.
As others have said we all want different things from our bikes and for me the performance of the levo since i first bought in 2017 has changed drastically, my first bike was a powerhouse and then they dumbed it down with ver 22 to a point where i demanded they replace they old firmware, they did.
Now on my 2018 bike it looks like they want to dumb it down again so for now im sticking with 22 and blevo until spesh make things more versatile they maybe need to consider all riders not just the strong ones and they should not loose sight of what attracted us in the first place

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
@MartynG thanks for the detailed feedback.

I really hope that Spec give us more options here, instead of a one size fits all, as its clear that doesn’t work well for everyone.

I’m really tempted by BLEvo, like @Tori (and others) are using. This seems that it gives the most customisation options. Maybe Specialized should hire the developer ?

BLEvo takes some beating Rob !

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
We are all told that any 3rd party software/application is not recommended. That is an standard industry comment. Personally I will continue to use the BLEvo App until such time that Specialized provide an App that is worthy of their own machine. The choice is yours.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Highflyer, is the app approved by Specilized or would it void warranty?
In that case does BLevo stand behind there App?
for my opinion it will not void your warrenty as long as you dont derestrict just do a mission control reset before and warrenty/service work. Spesh dont say you MUST not use third party apps, they just recommend you dont.
at least that is my experience for two years own two bikes and using third party apps, IT MAY BE DIFFERENT FOR OTHERS

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
From the Retailer Manual:

“Unlocking or De-restricting the Motor
Unlocking or de-restricting the Levo motor, by any means including software or hardware modification, is not permitted and will void the warranty.”

Not sure if BLEvo classes as ‘unlocking’ though ??

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Sounds, good, I think as so many here are supportive of BLevo & not happy with mission control. I would expect Specilized need to do something to stay on top!!

If they get enough complaints about there software, & how much better BLevo software is, they might do something.
but then again they might want to put it through some testing to make sure it does not cause component premature failure. just what I would expect.
but my dealer said if you change maximum speed the motor will power bike to before cutting out & going under peddle power. you void warranty, here in Australia. I think it's because or to do with safety & getting E bikes passed for general use, in Australia.

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
Unlocking or De-restricting the Motor
Tough one here... changing the wheel size on mission app, will de-restrict the motor... at least will cut power at 30km/h instead of 25km/h
it's a very grey zone here... my only worry with Blevo, is the constant sending of instructions to the motor (all specs changing every few seconds), not sure that it's prepared for it!
Seems that the way that is designed, is more to occasional shifts in 3 modes (Eco, Trial, Turbo)

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
From the Retailer Manual:

“Unlocking or De-restricting the Motor
Unlocking or de-restricting the Levo motor, by any means including software or hardware modification, is not permitted and will void the warranty.”

Not sure if BLEvo classes as ‘unlocking’ though ??
I dont think it does but who knows wont stop me using blevo its too good not to

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles